Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Tsubasa and Aya

Can we all agree we want Aya & Kaede to meet each other to establish a relationship with hopes of it leading to something great please? She roasted Tsubasa's ass & she really needed to hear all that even if it hurts. Hope we see more of Aya because it would be a waste. Thanks for the chapter.
yes and no
like I really want him to be with the coffe owner

Dex-chan lover
If it's so, tell me: how many times have you yelled in face of one of your friends/homies lecturing them about something bad he could have done? Had your friendship last long after that?

Compare the different attitude that Kaede's friends had while talking with Tsubasa with Aya's attitude. Aya could say every word she said in more collected way. I'm not criticizing her words, I'm criticizing her attitude.
I don’t like to assume but it feels like you‘ve never gone through a situation similar to this. Generally speaking it’s quite hard to stay calm and collected if you have a friend say shit about/do the nasty shit that you’ve gone through.

I speak from personal experience, not from rape thankfully, but being cheated on and then gaslit. News flash you tend to lose those friends because they never truly were your friends in the first place.

But yes her attitude is harsh, but it’s in no way wrong.

Double-page supporter
The point of the user at which my comment was addressed was that Tsubasa deserved exactly Aya's treatment to understand things. I disagree though, Tsubasa doesn't need people yelling at her face but therapy with someone who can help her by calmly explaining all the things, like, for example, Miyamoto-sensei.

I can't understand why all the people think that Ays's "shock therapy" is the right therapy.
Well, it's not the right "therapy" because it's not therapy. It's a friend's righteous indignation and moral disgust for her attitudes. Friends are not therapists.
You are asking for a character who is facing extreme disgust and disbelief at their 'friend's character to turn around to the audience and start clinically diagnosing and prescribing gentle treatment as if they could turn on neutrality and arrive at Logical And Objective Outcomes. This would be horrendous writing and it's just the same as saying "Why isn't Aya just shutting up, having a complete 180 of character and just changing?".
I'm not sure exactly how people arrive at these strange outcomes when it comes to writing, especially that one character's moral disgust is valid and must be treated kindly, and that another's is almost toxic behaviour paramount to bullying and driving a person to suicide.

Edit: That you are suggesting the threat of suicide as a necessary reason to soften your actions/cut ties/hold your own tongue to suit them, being used as a tether to hold a friendship or any other kind of relationship together, is extremely concerning.
If you do or have had this happen to you, you should know that suicide blackmail is not healthy behaviour and does not bode well for any of your relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Extremely satisfying to see her friend tell her off here, there was a lot of "oh but she feels bad about, she knows she did something awful" and yeah that's true. But anytime she had to take a sliver of accountability for what she said she deflected it like "oh it's my parents fault for not teaching me, oh it's Kaede's fault for immediately rejecting me, I'm hurting here too!!!". Hopefully she ends up learning from this like what those flashbacks seem to imply.

Dex-chan lover
You sounds like those elderly people who complain that kids nowadays are spoiled because they hasn't been beaten up by their parents.

Tsubasa didn't have the tools to understand why what she did was bad and she hasn't the tools now anyway. She feels only that she isn't normal. Aya's harsh words aren't a solution for the lack of sex ed that Tsubasa missed. The point is exactly this: Aya's words aren't teaching anything, they're only blaming Tsubasa for something that she can't understand/digest.
No one is blaming Tsubasa for something she doesn't understand, Aya and us are blaming her for her lack of compassion towards sa victims and the harsh things she said to Kaede. Moreover, she was the first to raise her voice in this confrontation, swifting the blame onto others. Yes, some of what she said were legitimate BUT her attitude and harsh words are all on her, no one told her to be mean and blame the victim, that was all her. And let's not even talk about the gaslighting and the playing the victim.

I love Aya. If Aya has a million fans, then I am one of them. If Aya has ten fans, then I am one of them. If Aya has only one fan then that is me. If Aya has no fans, then that means I am no longer on earth. If the world is against Aya, then I am against the world.

Aggregator gang
Well, it's not the right "therapy" because it's not therapy. It's a friend's righteous indignation and moral disgust for her attitudes. Friends are not therapists.
You are asking for a character who is facing extreme disgust and disbelief at their 'friend's character to turn around to the audience and start clinically diagnosing and prescribing gentle treatment as if they could turn on neutrality and arrive at Logical And Objective Outcomes. This would be horrendous writing and it's just the same as saying "Why isn't Aya just shutting up, having a complete 180 of character and just changing?".
I'm not sure exactly how people arrive at these strange outcomes when it comes to writing, especially that one character's moral disgust is valid and must be treated kindly, and that another's is almost toxic behaviour paramount to bullying and driving a person to suicide.
The answer is simple: be a true friend means understanding what the person is going through. If in front of a friend who's crying and needs help the instinct is to snap and start yelling, it may be that the person is morally straight and strict but is failing as an understanding friend. Again you can compare the situation with Kaede's friends when they met Tsubasa.

Double-page supporter
All in all; talking of the "correct" and "healthy" way for things to have gone, Tsubasa could have (and did) recognise that her extreme aversion and sexophobia was unhealthy and damaging to her and her life, especially in regard to her interpersonal relationships, and that she should have sought help instead of not just revealing it but baring fangs at Kaede with her disgust.
However, she didn't, her personality and feelings preclude her from doing so, or from atoning independently and such is the story. So far we haven't had a wink besides her making herself feel bad about everything and just deciding to be Past It.
Even in a real world, it was likely fated to end badly once it came out into the open with Kaede.

Dex-chan lover
That's right girl. Not your fault that you are oblivious about sex and think that it's disgusting but don't blame rape victim for their tragedies

Dex-chan lover
Aya MVP

Also look at this bitch:

5G3HUQT.png

She is out there putting on a whole tears out act as if she wasn't fully on board defending Tsubasa just a few chapters ago, acting as if she herself was innocent

This fucking turncoat the moment the opportunity came out jumped ship, despite she herself being a victim blamer too!!!!!

Yeah, what Tsubasa did was bad, but at least she knows she is in the wrong, her twintailed friend tho, that bitch is a low life scumbag, a fucking snake, what a back stabber, she is the reason why men who hate women, go around saying that friendship among women is fake

While Aya is keeping it real, twintails is out there clowning and getting away with it

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
be a true friend means understanding what the person is going through.
You are saying that every character in this story is basically subhuman and incapable of proper relationships because they didn't do an immediate 180 on their own personalities and slam the integrity of how they feel straight down the toilet
Just to play Perfectly Neutral Pocket Therapist.
Unrealistic! You can't expect this is in real life, your friends are not therapists! Don't expect it in a story! It's bad writing to do so and worse to expect it!

Aggregator gang
No one is blaming Tsubasa for something she doesn't understand, Aya and us are blaming her for her lack of compassion towards sa victims and the harsh things she said to Kaede. Moreover, she was the first to raise her voice in this confrontation, swifting the blame onto others. Yes, some of what she said were legitimate BUT her attitude and harsh words are all on her, no one told her to be mean and blame the victim, that was all her. And let's not even talk about the gaslighting and the playing the victim.
I didn't say that Tsubasa can't be blamed, I said that Aya's overreaction is not the right way to help Tsubasa. If Aya's objective was to vent some anger, she was certainly effective, if her objective was to teach (in the sense of helping to improve) Tsubasa something about victim blaming and way to treat SA survivors, her attitude was ineffective, imho.

This was def worth the wait, she dug into her DEEP, and the delivery of it all was way better in English than it was in Spanish

So to the person who called me delusional for the things I've said about Tsubasa last chapter: eat my whole dick and both balls, no mf is about to gaslight me into switching up how I feel about a character

She better reflect hard on her mentality, or I'ma just keep trashing Tsubasa and not a single soul will be able to stop me

So whoever you are you little snowflake, get fucked my guy
You are a complete and utter manchild, congratulations. you are so stupid that you didnt even notice how i obviously was up to date with the spanish translation and was just speaking on what happened in current chapters. still maintain my opinion and always will: a good girl who is by all means affected mentally and physically by sex that made a mistake to vocalize her internal confused thoughts. but your little brain cant comprehend anything and your raection is just hate and demonize shit. youre pathetic and a waste of this story to have any deep, the best story for you would be for a character to be a blank with no development, thoughts and just a straight up villain. Imbecile.

If it's so, tell me: how many times have you yelled in face of one of your friends/homies lecturing them about something bad he could have done? Had your friendship last long after that?

Compare the different attitude that Kaede's friends had while talking with Tsubasa with Aya's attitude. Aya could say every word she said in more collected way. I'm not criticizing her words, I'm criticizing her attitude.
I completely agree with you. I too dont think she needed to be that harsh as she could have made the same point without going physically and shouting towards her. the girl is literally crying during that entire conversation and saying many times shes sorry and she feels terrible about it and to feel like this

Aggregator gang
You are saying that every character in this story is basically subhuman and incapable of proper relationships because they didn't do an immediate 180 on their own personalities and slam the integrity of how they feel straight down the toilet
Just to play Perfectly Neutral Pocket Therapist.
Unrealistic! You can't expect this is in real life, your friends are not therapists! Don't expect it in a story! It's bad writing to do so and worse to expect it!
I can assure you that if a friend of mine does something bad but feels bad and on the verge of crying I typically try to let them understand what they did wrong without being a therapist and without yelling at their face. It is totally possible, you know? Even without U-turn my moral.

You completely missed the point. All of Aya's rant wasn't that Tsubasa's lack of sexual education is normal or not. Everything until chapter 28 page 4 could be treated as your typical "gyaru friendship", where at the end she'd sit beside Tsubasa and tell here "everything is fine, just move on and live happy life". But when Tsubasa tried to make herself the victim here with her "me, myself and I" mindset. That's what broke Aya and she even said her that "it has nothing to do with that". Aya explained Tsubasa why she's bad guy here, but even then, instead of trying to comprehend those words, Tsubasa fortify herself and trying to attack others, which only shows, that she doesn't undestand damn thing. Later, even tho Aya is somehow talking about people in situation similar to Kaede and herself in general, Tsubasa AGAIN put herself first, as if she's the victim - she even says that "I'M suffering now". For a damn second Tsubasa cannot think about others here, only about herself, how badly hurt and sad SHE is. That's what pissed Aya and that's what this rant is all about. Not blaming Tsubasa that she was risen that way or another.
Im sure the girl who had a literal mental breakdown the day before everything happened, was full of regret and depression about what happened, hates herself for feeling that way and doing waht she did and literally is crying over this isn't suffering about that. you have all of those signals happening but somehow the character isnt suffering lol you can be wrong and also be suffering at the same time, one thing dont exclude the other.

Users who are viewing this thread