Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Parting Ways

Dex-chan lover
Thought it was the teacher's son, but no, it was literally just her. How did she get such a short sentence to already be out? It wasn't statutory rape, it was just rape. She should've been put away for a while.
Japan POV

I liked that author did not milk rapist sensei return cause I do not want more info on pedo sensei.

Also I did not think that this was rushed.

Dex-chan lover
Bro what.. I thought that was a man. She let herself go. Lol not that I mind. Should have gotten obese while at it. Heart attack or two would have been a thumbs up too from me.

Dex-chan lover
Could just mean the situation involving her feelings about his trauma coming to an end. It doesn't mean she is going to be out of the picture. I would like them to get back together, and maybe the next arc will be about developing their relationship even more, or maybe he will help the shop keeper somehow (though she seems comfortable with who she is) or maybe involving the gal dealing with her past trauma as well, since she said she was a victim as well. Who knows? But I can't wait for next chapter to find out what happens to these two.
I feel like loose friends would be the max I would go with someone like that and I hope the author does the same.

Aggregator gang
That's some crazy bitch over there... playing the victim role when she was the one that caused all these things.

In the other hand while I was pissed off because of Tsubasa's actions I think she didn't deserve to get cut like that, hopefully she will recover from that.

Kaede mannnn, he's a fighter definitely, he confronted that bad excuse of human being, but also made his resolution even stronger.

Group Leader
It's too dramatized, it feels like I'm watching a b-rated web series where everything happends at the same time, and rain. There should be a better way to deliver this scene.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
What the fuck was that, I don't understand why people are praising this chapter.

Random sensei appears,
sensei used stab,
Tsubasa used protect,
Tsubasa protected Kaede,
But also took a critical hit.

Tsubasa now understand Kaede's emotional pain by just one physical stab. Wtf. Imo author just fucked this all progression of 33 chapters in just one chapter.

Well I think that the point of this chapter was to show how Kaede could overcome his fears by the way he confronted his former teacher and rapist, Tsubasa understanding anything was just an extra. I think that this was a pretty good chapter, but we'll I think the stab was a bit too much...

Dex-chan lover
That was a bit of a shark jump there
Huh

My current thought on what is happening here from a meta-narrative point is that to the author, Kaede has essentially learned all the lessons he needed to from his traumatic experience. His "character arc" as it were is near complete, and the last step he has to take is to "fight his demons / face his fears" to show that he is now a stronger person. The author decided that his "demon" to fight is the  actual instigator of his trauma--Sensei from his past, back and with a vengeance.
You can kinda see this to be the case because when Sensei, Kaede, and Tsubasa start talking, they don't talk like, actual people, but like philosophies or ideologies clashing against each other.

Now, do I personally think this was a  good narrative decision to make?
Well ... not really?
Disregarding how whiplash-y this all is, it's not very realistic at all to me I don't think.
There are real people with trauma from experiences of abuse or harm, and they don't usually get the luxury of confrontation their abusers and then that's that and they can move on. You unfortunately will be burdened with that baggage for a long,  long time.

Now I thought this mangaka knew that, because this felt like a pretty realistic portrayal of abuse and trauma, at least up to this point.
Just couldn't land that ending I suppose.
I hold my tongue and see what the final chapter for Kaede holds

Dex-chan lover
Notice how that one guy who kept posting "Sensei best girl" on earlier chapters is nowhere to be seen..

Okay, this is actually a terrible chapter. I know this manga's melodramatic, but this is way too much. It's so overblown that it actually comes off as disrespectful.

Users who are viewing this thread