Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 18 - A Manga Where The Girl Who Used To Bully Me Becomes My Little Sister

Dex-chan lover
These went from "I overcame my Bully" to ones where the girl's only problem is that she doesn't know how to express herself correctly, and the boys immediate response is violence
That's exactly what the eventual reaction to bullying is. Violence that seems disproportionate in the moment, but is perfectly appropriate in the context of a long time of previous offenses.
And the worst part is, from an outside perspective, it makes the victim seem unreasonable, much like what you're saying right now.

Fact of the matter is, if someone torments another for years, they should be happy if "leave me the fuck alone" is all they get when they finally snap.

Dex-chan lover
I think too much people remember the latest chapters that were more dark on the girls, but this one actually is more like the earlier ones... an actual brat that is getting the consequences for her actions, she destroyed a love letter for him while berating him and she wonders all the hate? and people see her as a victim, really?

Dex-chan lover
This time, she didn't really do anything that bad to warrant such an extreme reaction from the boy.

Dude has something not screwed right in the head.
Not everyone can swallow any kind of bullying. Be it verbal or physical. Not everyone is capable of it, and some even shrunk back into being shut-in. I know some will say stop being a snowflake, but everyone is different, and I've seen enough people with low self-esteem incapable of getting through bullying and straight doing the dangerous stuffs, which will ruin everyone's life.

Double-page supporter
I think something that's also being forgotten is that in this very moment she is pushing herself, forcing herself into his space, into his life, and when all she did in the past was bully him. I completely understand the verbal blow up to her physical confrontation.

And yes we only see two events but by the premise we are expected to understand these aren't isolated incidents, This is not the first time she got up in his space, That was not the only time she interfered in his relationships, that was not the only time she destroyed something he worked on.

Dex-chan lover
This time, she didn't really do anything that bad to warrant such an extreme reaction from the boy.

Dude has something not screwed right in the head.
I disagree, lifetime of being bullied and gaslit his reaction is justified. Why would he like her in any regard and why would anyone accept them as family? She's just the stock Tsundere how they would be treated in real life.

Oh you know just tearing up a love letter intended for him and insisting that no one would ever love him, don't see why he would hate her.

As she says, I think the letter is likely a prank and she probably saved him from an ambush of bullies.

For once, I kinda hope for a good ending for the girl. Seems like she likes him a lot but can't be entirely honest.

Dex-chan lover
As she says, I think the letter is likely a prank and she probably saved him from an ambush of bullies.
No she's clearly in love with him at that point and is stopping him going to a confession so she can have him all to herself. Except the thing is she's already hated by him so it's all moot.

For once, I kinda hope for a good ending for the girl. Seems like she likes him a lot but can't be entirely honest.
She really isn't, the only person whom gets to decide on how poorly they've been treated is said person mistreated and he clearly HATES her guts with all his being. She fecked up from the word go and the fact she doesn't realise why he hates her speaks how little she thought of his feelings and only hers. A massive red flag.

Dex-chan lover
This series is both cathartic and invokes Schadenfreude. It's pleasurable watching these little b*tchy bullies get served their just desserts. A woman/girl can inflict a lot of emotional and mental damage on a man/boy.

Users who are viewing this thread