Sexual Education 120% - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - First Period: How to Initiate Sex

Dex-chan lover
Pretty rare to see a sex education Manga which is not center in the holiest hetero normativity. And like some of you it's the first time I hear about dental dam and just for that this manga is great.

Dex-chan lover
This seems like its going to be a pretty good series, with the exceptions of certain jokes its pretty well done.

Group Leader
@BCS The graph that's basically on the first page of actual content (5/21 as presented)? No data source, but it's not too hard to explain-- (Giant blob of explanation follows.)

The graph is generally showing percentage of the population having their first sexual experience (however that's defined) at roughly what age.
Y-axis is percentage of male or female respondents.
X-axis is year for which the numbers are relevant.
Triangle/Circle/Square refers to their first experience occurring at middle/high/college schools (which, if memory serves, is approximately 12-15, 15-18, 18-22 years of age in Japan).
Solid lines are male, dotted lines are female.

Taken as such, the statement that the overall percentage is declining is valid for the last 15 years or so (the one on the left), but the one on the right (and conclusion beneath) is inconclusive because it lacks data for the post-college age bracket.

Also, I think the note under the graph is incorrect, as that graph makes absolutely no sense if it was indicating a shift in rate in itself. It can be used to show the shift in rate, and to aid in explaining a shift in rate, but it's not a graph of the shift in rate.

Dex-chan lover
@Machaka22 Which at the same time tries to talk about the female body in the seinen ecchi title, yeah. Even if we forget that straight people are just common than queer, it just doesn't make sense as the plot is addressing (or pretending to be) the wrong audience.

@BCS That is, like any modern American textbook on sexuality education. I'm wondering if the author really expected this manga to be read by male gays or lesbians rather than straight yuri and ecchi fans.

Users who are viewing this thread