Shaba no "Futsuu" wa Muzukashii - Ch. 3 - "Normal" Home Cooking 2

Liu

I don't think she's Lust though? I mean, her mother is a prostitute right? Then her mother should be lust, no ?
I'd say "Envy", because she isn't yearning for anything right now, which is why her mother wants her to discover the world, so that she'll start wishing for other things.

Dex-chan lover
@Liu : I'd say Pride, actually.

She inherits the skills, or looks in case of the mother, from the other 6.
And she's quite proud of being capable of doing anything, that's why:
1. She easily accept the tasks the other maid girl told her.
2. She question in 'surprise' how the people outside can't do this much.

And this is why she is determined to 'pass' the challenge her mother set up before going home.

Not to mention Pride is how Lucifer (an 'angel' then) fell from grace.

@FStubbs @Swindy : Her look is simply something she inherits from her mother, much like how she inherit the ability to read people from Sloth or how to catch/cook from Glutton.

@Rgal @WhimsiCat

The pattern so far is that the associated sin is what drives that particular person to do what they do. Glutton does what he does because he's a glutton, for instance. Sloth learned how to be the greatest conman in the world because he's lazy and didn't want to work with his own hands. Etcetera. As much as I like the idea that she's Envy, because everything she is was taken from somebody else, that doesn't make sense, because she's not driven by envy. Lust doesn't make sense for the same reason, she isn't lustful, it's not what drives her. She may inspire envy or lust at times, but those aren't motivating factors for her.

The only sin that makes sense at this point would be pride, for the reasons WhimsiCat stated. She never turns down a challenge. She always acts shocked at how weak and incapable other people are. Her catchphrase is literally "can't you do this much?" She's not traditionally arrogant, she easily apologizes and submits to the authority of others, but in a more subtle way, she is extremely prideful. Of all the seven sins, it is arguably the one that drives her.

7 deadly sins become 7 lonely masters, come back soon Elma. at start i thought this manga going darker, but somehow turns out light hearted gag manga. i mean look at that George Ramdey, even his face is a rip off. lol.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Rgal @Liu why would it be envy though? Not yearning for anything probably means she haven't become envy yet.

I was thinking Pride because of the line "Could it be that the people of this unbound world is unable to do this much?"

Along with the fact that she "gave away her win" and stuff. These are all generally prideful behaviors.

Dex-chan lover
Well I didn't thought it was gonna be that exaggerated xd
Gordon Ramsey < George Ramdey

And that last TL Notes page sas really useful! I didn't know most of the things in there before xD

Dex-chan lover
The storytelling once more easily strings me along through the scenes of triumph and joy. (And then chills me anew with some prison shenanigans at the end).

I don't understand what the pronunciation difference between Jorge and George is. I literally pronounce George as Jorge, the first e transforms the Ge into a J and is otherwise silence, not creating a second syllable. Even Wikipedia says it should be pronounced as "/ˈdʒɔːrdʒ/", which is basically Jorj.

Users who are viewing this thread