Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 196 - Master Christopher

Dex-chan lover
Well... Kate does technically know how to reverse the brainwashing. Wonder how cooperative they will be though :huh:

Thanks for the translation!

Well this chapter had me swearing out loud. Super excited for the next one, Kate is gonna have to work hard.

Thanks for your work translating and releasing, Palmtop Scans!

Dex-chan lover
Capturehbhjb.png

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Anthony's uninvited sudden appearance forced Kate's hand to reveal the biggest secret of unification. And he didn't even refute it, the man rolled with it, probably already expecting this move from her, and he was prepared. He even used the fact that the kids weren't drinking the brainwashing coffee to spin it as "GG lost his power". His speech and persuasion powers are never to be underestimated.

I guess Christopher never died after all. They escaped and plotted this for a long time? Or Anthony is borrowing another soot power to make it look like Christopher is still there. Or the more plausible possibility is that he used a morph to copy him and cooperate with him as a new "Christopher".

Holy crap, Kate got outplayed so badly here it almost feels like checkmate for her. Emilyko is brainwashed again. Even Candy too. The one adult in her corner has fallen to brainwashing. I expect Kate can bounce back, but she's maybe almost back to square 1 with this. We still have Louise, Douglas and maybe even Joseph in her corner.

This situation blew up a lot more than I expected it would. Anthony used Kate's efforts at freeing the kids from brainwashing to his advantage and then hijacked the children's wing through complacency with the supposedly now-safe coffee to stage his coup. It's a social engineering attack, using Barbara as the weak point in Kate's group to let him spread his influence, like a computer virus spreading to create a botnet from a tricked employee opening an infected email attachment. This is very bad.
Well ... no body no death. Even Manuel the adult made a deal with Barbara to "make her see Christopher" or whichever that mimic is.

Dex-chan lover
I absolutely knew there was a symbolic meaning behind Christopher's name, being symbolic of Jesus Christ. But also "reviving" him... that's something I did not expect.

Dex-chan lover
I absolutely knew there was a symbolic meaning behind Christopher's name, being symbolic of Jesus Christ. But also "reviving" him... that's something I did not expect.
Oh weird, my mind went to Christopher Robin.

Dex-chan lover
... but who will pump? Even John got done in!
John will use his Love for Kate to punch the shit outta all the kids till their brainwashing is undone, broken bones be damned!!!

Also -- Patrick's love for Emilyko means he'll probably be all on stopping this shit to bring her back to her usual self.

Double-page supporter
Just noticed something. Christopher - Christ. Definitely some parallels with his revival.

I wonder whether it's a new morph that was nurtured into becoming Anthony's puppet or someone else using a form of shadow powers to deceive and manipulate the kids.
It feels so obvious in hindsight

Users who are viewing this thread