Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics

Double-page supporter
If you love mystery I surely recommend this!! it's great, and it has me on edge in every chapter

Dex-chan lover
It starts out as slice of life, but it gets much more indepth after a few chapters. I underestimated just how far the author would take the story. Definitely a good read.

Group Leader
vlQMd8Pl.png

Dex-chan lover
@nyaasar, what's the image source?
I thought that was Grandfather.

Chapter 91 Spoilers
Louise and Lou will get buff.
I can't believe that is how they killed Emilyko, by a train...

This manga is pretty obviously an expression of the fear from white/asian supremacists of social changes which they see as replacing them with people of color.

@Pashka84 That's a shallow as hell observation. Aside from the characters' color, being pitch black for Shadows and human-colored for Dolls, there's nothing in common between the conflict in this world's society and the racially-charged societal conflicts in real life.

If what you said is true, then changing the color of the characters would change the narrative, or the message. The fact is that even if the Shadows are purple and the Dolls are idk blue aliens with some pink mixed in the story would stay nearly exactly the same.

idk why I'm so hung up on this comment. Maybe it's because it's so dumb it's making me irrationally mad.

What if the Shadows House anime skipped the Debut arc just like how Cloverworks did to
TPN s2🤔🤔🤔

@HxHexa, part of the supremacist mythology is a false symmetry in which nothing changes when symbols are exchanged ahistorically.

@Pashka84 Yea, I get that if you swapped it so that all the white people are slaves and all the black people are masters then nothing would change much in history, since fundamentally that's just the color of our skins not a metric to judge our characters, but how does that play into the supremacist mythology? And what even is "the supremacist mythology"? You sure said a lot of big words without much substance to them at all.

Mind explaining to me how this is an expression of fear from white supremacists when all this manga has is a pitch black figure in the position of master? Again, that's such a shallow and narrow view, and it's kinda telling that the moment you look at it your conclusion was something extremely American-centric. 99% of people who read this would have compared it to the Victorian household setting, with the Shadows acting as masters and the Dolls acting as maids and butlers. Not slaves, mind you. Maids and butlers. In a setting whose historical influence is in a place/time where racial conflict is nowhere as prominent.

If anything, you could say the central conflict in this story's society is that between the rich and the poor, those higher in society and the workers. If, say, you swap these roles so that the Shadows are maids while the Dolls are masters then indeed it would completely change how the story plays out.

Again, put more substance or examples into what you say. Just spouting big words you borrowed from someone else isn't as big-brained as you think it is.

@HxHexa, if you think that the words that I've used so far are big, then how am I supposed to have a careful, in-depth discussion with you? Dick-and-Jane won't cut it. (Stop grasping for ways to be insulting.)

@HxHexa Its ok you dont have to make a long reply, let him think whatever he wants. Though I'm also surprised how can he connect the dot with this fantasy story hahaha

@Pashka84 How about instead of pointing such a trivial part out you respond to the main question first? We're still here because you came in, dropped the "this manga is clearly an expression of fear from white/asian supremacists" line, when the only person this appears so clearly to is you.

@Larash The 3rd page of the 1st chapter makes me inclined to believe that only more people will think like so, and I don't like that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread