She Brought Up the Friendly Protagonist as a Villain.

Author seems like a really weird person.
First, he or she complains about the translation, and that people can access it w/o anyone paying, but in the second message, he says he wouldnt have paid a mind if everyone thanked the comic creator, not the translator.

If author knows English or something like that, and if he is reading this, I respect your decision, but this was a stupid idea, and its not going to help you in the long run. Your argument in second note is way more annoying than the first one. IDK man, if you wanna go this route go ahead, just know that people dont forget stuff, some people ask me about stuff I did like 7-8 years ago, this will end up as a stigma if you plan on getting licensed outside or smth with a different work
Good luck in life, best wishes

I find myself emphasizing a lot with the author. As someone who wants to make money off of my own comics in the future (and has witnessed stuff like this happen to my own artist friends and artists I follow), I really understand where a lot of this is coming from, especially the original author's note. It was coming from a place of frustration and 'I need to address this now before it gets out of control'. It felt like the author had made it in a rush and was just trying to get their feelings out as soon as possible. The new note is a lot more slowed down and thoughtful, likely after the author took some more time to sort out their feelings and figure out how to better express themselves.

It's sad that there's no international site where authors can upload their work and through there, actually give permission to a scanlation group to (temporarily) translate as a way of promotion until their comic is picked up. The author sounds like they were simultaneously happy to see their worked reached us, but sad that it reached us in a way that they cannot benefit from in the future (as in, a way Korean companies would actually recognize their work's worth in being commercialized). Like - I didn't even know the site Naver existed until now and will head there to give my own words of encouragement to the author. I actually do want to learn Korean, so doing some practice be self translating their work might be a lot of fun (if not confuse me in the process, but that's part of the learning process!).

At this current point, this is one person not only doing all of the art and writing, but is also the only person who has to take responsibility of their comic and that means knowing where it's being posted and how. People made the author out like they were "b*tchy", but those who complained come off more as 'How DARE this person try to make a source of income out of something they enjoy and are doing on their own (limited) time' than anything.

Either way, cheers to the author.

I- there was no commitment or loyalty developed... we were only given 3 chapters?!?!
I do love the drama though.

I don't really know what happened. All I care about is reading the manga, and enjoying my time reading

Hey there, just a question: is there even an English version of naver? There is webtoons.com, but don't you just find the translated manhwas there? If so, again just in general, how could someone navigate on a Korean website if your not able to understand the language, not to mention get paid services ö.ö?

How could we support her(author), is there a link for her twitter etc? It would be awesome to cheers the authors up so she can produced the story faster and better development

Is there someone who can run image translation software on a chapter and translate it accurately back to Korean, so the author can see how badly it's butchering their work? If they're complaining about the title being mistranslated, there's no way they would find that acceptable.

To people who don’t know, I remember back when Korean webtoons, Tower of God actually, before there was even english app of webtoon, we had to download a chrome extension. We would go to naver site and the extension actually replace all the bubbles to english text . The translation is done by fans still but yeah, I remember this method. So it does exist 🤔 except getting people to do that is really hard cause its hard to get the word out for the fan translation then.

yall i am dropping this one there was only 3 chapters and I don't even remember what it was about so bye yolo

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I've changed the title to the one requested by the author, and set the previous one as an alternate title to prevent confusion.

Sorry author! I thought that naver is also an illegal site so i didn't comment there!

Hey! The raws doesnt have them! I was going to naver and cannot find the work! Even clicking the official raws! Its not there!

Naver is the same as line webtoon, so if this webtoon gets big traffic it can be translated into the official line webtoon in the future. I hope so. Here is the link in case people want to visit the webtoon.
https://m.comic.naver.com/bestChallenge/list.nhn?titleId=750542

You guys should stop complaining, If you want a translation you guys can translate it yourself. And sure we´re all sad that we can´t read it anymore, but that doesn´t mean we should blame the author. The author is working really hard while most of us get to read the translation without a problem. And maybe in the future, it will get an official translation in Webtoon. The author is working in the hospital too, but all you guys care about is that you can´t read it anymore. So all you can do is sit on you´re asses and complain like a baby. We can´t just care about ourselves while ignoring the Author´s health. Like, was the only thing you read was " No more chapters for people who don´t read it on the official sites please, even though I worked my butt off.

Dear author,
I do not know if you will ever see this comment, but I wanted to say that you have moved my heart. I wanted to propose another possible solution. While you do not have enough money to hire a translator, would you consider hosting unofficial translations done by fans on Naver alongside your original work? That way we overseas fans could read straight from Naver and give you the recognition you deserve, and you would not have to pay for a translator.
With love, an overseas fan.

I don't know if this help but we can at least go to Never site, sing up by fb and open chapters ( they are free) and left heart on title and every chapter. I don't know korean but heart sign must mean like or love 😅
If author is new and need help I can do at least this much.

We always thank and comment on the translators' work with the thought that the author is successful and gets his thanks and comments on his native website or platform in his native language.
Apparently that is not the case here.

I remember reading fan translations on the Line/Naver Webtoon app, but I haven't used that app in years and haven't used that feature for even longer. I don't know the requirements for those that could have fan translations since I remember Eggnoid & a few others were on there before it was officially translated into English. Originally, it was serialized for Indonesia and probably some other countries (not sure), but if it's still around then translators and the author/artist can work something out with that.

Users who are viewing this thread