She Likes Gays, but Not Me

So many mistakes, its like the guy who did it was drunk and playing Rainbow Six Siege while editing.

Does anyone know the drama that was based on this? It’d be interesting. Also, I don’t see a problem with the title. It’s just a name. Thanks translator! You did a great job, though the material was definitely a little confusing in the philosophical areas. Otsukaresama!

Group Leader
@Runadaemon the drama's title is different from the novel & manga. It's called Fujoshi, Ukkari Gei ni Kokuru. Only four episodes are subbed as of now, and there are eight in total.

@yabaibunni Thank you!! I’m gonna look it up! :D And thanks for translating! It’s super interesting! 🥰🥰🥰🥰😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️

Contributor
I'm not likely to consider reading this until it's over and someone can assure me the narrative isn't that he gets "cured" or some such. XD

It doesn't sound like that's where it's going, to be clear. I mean, from the title and description, it sounds vaguely like a (dark) commentary about various representations and expectations of gay folk being non-representative of some people's real-life experience and problems.

Though honestly, even then I'd have to brace myself to read this, just on account of it sounding dark-as-hell. >_>

Group Leader
@remiska It's not a gay love story like the tag 'shounen ai' usually suggests. But, his sexuality is present throughout.

i really like this story so far it reminds me from the recent episode of doom patrol where a character said humans beings are cruel to people different from them

I really love the story despite the flaws in the characters. I mean I can feel the human in them ya know. Its depressing since the story is really into "kind of reality" thing ya know we never know if someone actually experiencing his thoughts . We have dark secrets and we all want to keep it to ourselves.

@Pokari In the drama, he doesn't end up with the girl. It nuances to that mainly because he values her as a dear friend and biggest ally---which is difficult to find given social stigma. In short, he loves her platonically as a friend. Her correcting him when he gives homophobic remarks indirectly helps him assure himself bit by bit. The drama this is based off of is 8eps and is recommended.

I have not read the manga all the way, but it is an adaptation so the ending should remain the same.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Well fuck.

This story knows what it's trying to do, and it does it well. Too fucking well.

Group Leader
This is really interesting. When I read this is about a gay guy's interaction with a fujoshi. I thought it was either going to be comedic and silly, or shallow and misguided.

What ensues is exposition about a closeted gay person anxiety, and its interaction with a society that rejects them, bridged through the lens of BL fandom (maybe, so far the fujoshi had only been an early plot device, but it may be more crucial later on).

This is different. This is probably the first time I see this kind of story told within Japanese society perspective, by a Japanese author.

Users who are viewing this thread