She Likes Gays, but Not Me

This is a guide for people so they what to NOT do and demonstrate there is actual ETHICS that rule what relationships actually entails and why you should follow them and why you don't disregard them.
Seriously, I am reading this and if I am supposed to take the characters flaws as human, they are still inexcusable individuals.

I really enjoyed. Theres no right or wrong way for relationships to happen. It reminded me of Guy Tang, his story of struggling as a gay and in a relationship with a woman for a long time.

I feel like the author of the story support pedophilia and see it as some beautiful thing base off the ending of chapter 12.

[/Why in the hell does the author romanticize the ghost of a middle school boy holding hands with an adult man and not someone his own age? My point exactly. I think the author of this story have some type of pedophilic tendency.]

Group Leader
Thanks for completing this! This song sums it up: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=at5Nfc6fqqo

Ahhh, it's kind of sad to see this finished, but I'm excited that the translator took on the sequel ;w;

In general, I thought it was a pretty good story and I honestly like how the characters are simultaneously all TERRIBLE but also HUMAN and it's just-- so many times, I wanted to scream lol

If you want something light and fluffy and not really confrontational, then you should definitely pass, but if you want something a little more complex that will actually step on your heart, then I recommend. A lot of people seem to drop it because "x character is problematic" but I don't think it's fair to say "this fiction work is problematic because it depicts humans being humans," like...sometimes people are like that. And honestly...you can do terrible things without being a terrible person. Humans are more complex than that.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the story, but I would say viewer discretion is advised. It's not the easiest read.

I have mixed feelings about this manga.

I really like how all the characters are really flawed and I kinda love them all (except Ono or whatever his name is he can burn in hell). When the MC jumped, I started crying so much but I cry all the time so it doesn’t really say much lolol.

I really do like this manga and the themes that it presents, but chapter 10 made me feel with miura (I think that’s her name) saying all that on a stage and then the MC running towards her with everyone cheering him on, when literally everyone was against him when they found out he was gay. I thought that it was weird and felt so out of place. Also the pedophilia stuff was weird but the relationship between the MC and the married man was interesting to me.

Mr. Fahrenheit being 14 was shocking to me (not in a bad way) and when the MC called him a chuunibyou, I weirdly loved it

All in all, I do think this manga is worth a read, and make sure you read the translator’s note at the end because in many chapters there are excerpts of the novel and it explains so much more of what is going on.

I’m also planning on reading the novel someday too because it seems to go so much more in depth than the manga.

Edit: I was kinda harsh on this because chapter 10 really pissed me off, but now that I’ve slept on it, I really think this is an amazing manga

I rate it a 8/10

Also if you liked this manga, I highly recommend reading Shimanami Tasogare. It also deals with the struggles of being part of the LGBTQ+ community and I personally believe that it is a masterpiece

Hella harsh of a read. I have nothing but praise for this manga though, it tells you from the start that it's going to do something and it does it.

Viewer discretion advised, as others said. It isn't an easy read.

Huh, for whatever reason, this manga really reminds me of Onanie Master Kurosawa.

Everyone here was a shitty person but it’s a goodish story. It just sends a horrible message in a way. And Ono can go die

Double-page supporter
Can't decide whether I really like this or no, though I will give it props for being enjoyable enough to fly by as a read

I am straight but reading this gave me whole different perspective of tha matter. I dont have any idea who and what the author is but i felt like everything was written with a very sincere purpose. It felt like a real life and experience based thing and not a forced one. And like the author as a writter understand deeply what he/shes writing.

Who ever wrote this, you have a courage beyond everyones measure.
Thanks for a refreshing story.

aaah this was really good 🙂 i really hope the novel can get officially published in english at some point

Story in a nutshell
"I'm not gay"
"I like gays"
*Both looks at the reader*
"So who is gay?"

Users who are viewing this thread