Shi ni Modori, Subete wo Sukuu Tame ni Saikyou he to Itaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 27.1

Dex-chan lover
You know what stood out the most to me? He's damn right. If Tina had literally talked to Eric about this before talking with the knights, EVERYTHING would have been avoided. And that kind of does show a major problem with her personality, that her lack of foresight and thinking could endanger them in the future.

I do wish that Jere had failed her but then said she can take the test again when she believes she is ready. That's a reasonable middle ground and grants her room to reflect and improve. Here, she's literally being rewarded for not thinking things through. It's like if a child were scolded for behaving badly and then was rewarded. The scolding doesn't really convey the message when she's still rewarded.

Can someone spoil me w/ who he ends up with? I heard that this has a novel but I don't really have the time for reading that and I couldn't really find anything since it's not that popular.

Dex-chan lover
Why make her so pathetic of a character? She knows he doesn't love her, it just hurts to watch her so desperate, and I am not trying to be mean. It just hurts.

they make it seems like the knights are a big deal...but they are just losers who got their country destroyed before. =p

Aggregator gang
Despite being apparently the only person reading this that actually likes Tina as a character, I really wish this arc weren't occurring.

@comeonnow0 Yeah i feel like something like that was missing in the plot it would have been way better if she got failed, more time to improve character development cause the only reason she didn't fail is because she learned from eric otherwise everything else about her is weak at least i think so but oh well we have to got through an anoying character once in a while

It sounds like: "you will join knights, but not the ones where Eric is." *Insert menacing laughter here*

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1 this whole exchange between tina and the captain got me rolling my eyes non stop. sigh.

@comeonnow0 I see it slightly differently. He didn't pass her for her impulsiveness, but for her talents and abilities (which is what he said he would evaluate in the first place). However, he also wanted to make sure that she realized that, just because she was talented enough to join, didn't mean that she didn't have glaring weaknesses that could get her or others killed. He was telling her where her shortcomings were, to tell her places that she needed to improve, and hopefully she will get training for how to act in a disciplined manner, rather than an impulsive one, upon joining the squad.

This was about making her experience those shortcomings directly so that when she is told about them later, she doesn't think that she is so talented she doesn't need to listen to a "less talented" instructor or think she doesn't really need to improve. She can be a great asset, and needs military training, anyway, so it makes sense to pass her and get her involved in that training as soon as possible, from his perspective.

Dex-chan lover
@throwaway4ccount But that just comes up to the example of a misbehaving child being rewarded. Imagine if a child is throwing a tantrum because the child didn't get a toy even though they thought they had behaved well and deserved it. The parent scolds the child for throwing a tantrum and then agrees with the child that they previously behaved well and gets the child the toy.

That's basically the same kind of mixed message we have here. Tina has a glaring and potentially extremely deadly weakness that is explained to her clearly. Then Jere (ridiculous name, by the way, but whatever) still gives her what she wanted. I'm saying this is a bad way to teach her, EVEN IF she has the raw talent to be a [magic] knight.

You say that she will get training for how to act in a disciplined manner? Isn't that something you're supposed to have BEFORE joining the knights? Like, if we go with your logic, then basically anyone can join the knights immediately. After joining, they get the training and instruction on how to be a knight. You're supposed to know certain basic things before joining.

@comeonnow0 I don't think the tantrum scenario fits well. She said she wanted to join, gets tested, succeeds at first, then gets surprised by him entering and defeating her fairly easily. She even defends his reason for pointing a sword at her to Erik, so I would say she isn't throwing a big fit, but she does state that she isn't willing to give up, and will keep working to be accepted. He then states that she had actually already passed. Her problem isn't a temper tantrum, but a lack of discipline and tactics in how she acts. This is something that is harder to learn on her own, but should be taught by military organizations.

I see them "joining the knights" as different from "fighting on the front lines as the knights", similar to how, in America (and I assume most parts of the world), when somebody joins the military they first enter boot camp, then when they are sufficiently trained, they might be deployed (if there is a need for deployment). In boot camp is where they train bad habits out of the recruits, and teach them how to work as a unit, how to follow orders, and (I assume) military tactics. If there is no "boot camp" for knights, it might be different.

For another example, a coach for a good basketball school might go watch a high school basketball game, to observe a talented player. They see the player certainly has plenty of talent, but also tends to be a ball hog and a show off. They talk to them after the game, and challenge them to a two-on-two. The coach wins handily, then tells the kid they lost because the kid plays in a selfish manner, but also extends a scholarship, telling them that, if they are serious about improving, they are welcome to join the coach's team, but to expect to be pushed in practice, and not to think they can skate by through talent.

Users who are viewing this thread