Shiawase Kanako no Koroshiya Seikatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Aggregator gang
@Chrona The war against 'unrealistic silencers" in fiction is beyond lost. They're never shown realistically, ever ever ever ever. It IS weird to complain about it because its just the way that it is. Completely magic silent guns exist in fiction, its just a fact and its always been that way since the concept was introduced.

@Chrona

The MC kills in broad daylight on a packed train and has another hit uploaded to YT but the most unbelievable thing here is that silencers aren't that silent.
K.

Dex-chan lover
OK, leaving aside the gun nerd arguments, as usual the victims were guilty of some kind of social sin this time. I saw what they were saying but I don't quite understand the Japanese context of why it was assassination-worthy annoying. Anyone get that?

Group Leader
Alright, although I would love to keep scanlating the next chapter, the comment section is quite entertaining. However, if you do in fact want to be a realist, call them 'suppressors', not 'silencers'. This is because, as you can probably guess, these attachments suppress the noise, and not silence them.

However, I do suggest that if any of you feel negative emotions due to this debate, please don't comment, or try to ignore the comment upseting you. Also, don't be a smart ass...

@Chrona
@cougar618
@foist
@Firestorm252

Fed-Kun's army
@foist
Ah I see, because everyone fails to depict something accurately that means it's meaningless to care that they display something inaccurately. Fuck off. If anything this manga would have been perfect set up for a joke where she uses her gun with a silencer, and is startled it makes such a loud noise. Her trying to do a stealth kill and startling herself with how loud the gunshot is making her socially anxious would have been hilarious.

@cougar618
It's implied that the only reason she got the train kill without everyone immediately looking at her is because of the silencer. My complaint about the silencer is fundamental to why that scene in particular is fundamentally flawed. It doesn't even matter thought because later the artist later contradicts himself by having the news report that the train killing could have been done by a "slasher". Implying it was a knife being used, which would actually be a believable alternative to the silencer shot.

Plenty of assassinations in history have taken place in daylight, plenty have been recorded. In story most of her kills have ironically been in daylight. Everything else in this manga doesn't bely misunderstanding as much as it is an intentional act of whimsy. The silencer making the gun perfectly silent is never explained or stated, it is taken as a given that a silencer makes a gun perfectly silent. In that case, it's obvious the author is relying on the audience's (flawed) understanding during the scene.

@CookieMuncher
If my concern was proper vernacular I would switch to suppressor, however, we are in an informal setting, and an informal setting implies a change in language to informal colloquial terms. Everyone knows exactly what I am referring to when I say "silencer", there's no reason to change what word I am using unless it is fundamentally wrong, like the "clip" vs "magazine" issue.

Even then, the issue would occur because a "suppressor" may refer to a device that eliminates the muzzle flash as opposed to the noise a gun makes.

oh course the person crying over gun realism would have racial slurs edited out their posts

Dex-chan lover
Looks like she doesn't hesitate but
20201014-203820.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@Hacete
You know, I was so focused on the misuse of a silencer I didn't realize the artists just had her stone cold kill an unrelated target.

Group Leader
Alright, I'll stay out of the comments for a bit, and give it a week before I post another chapter. I'll just wait till things cool down in the comment section. ;-;

Also, @AnonymousWeeaboo, It is an argument. Whether it is valid or not is subjective, my dude.

Fed-Kun's army
Kanako need professional help... her mental look so sick to me.

Fed-Kun's army
@Snowave
I don't think so, if anything her mental health has never been better. She doesn't seem as socially anxious and depressed as before. She's approaching a self-actualized persona.

Only problem being that she is doing so by doing socially unacceptable things, in that case, she doesn't have a mental health issue though, she has a social issue instead.

@Calar
I understand your complaint, yet I don't understand how you don't realize I replaced a 1940s era racial slur with a currently acceptable variation.

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMuncher it seems for the best, I dont understand this debate anyway and hopefully it gets weaker in the future, maybe take time to take care of yourself.

Fed-Kun's army
@CookieMuncher
Wait I don't understand, were you describing the comment section being "entertaining" sarcastically? I don't understand why you're taking it personally that the artist fails to understand how a suppressor/silencer works.

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMuncher No, it's really not subjective. It is perfectly reasonable to call a suppressor a silencer, it has been a popular alternate term since 1909 when the suppressor was first patented. In fact, to this day many models of suppressors are officially named "silencers" by the companies that make them. Even one popular company that primarily produces suppressors is named "Silencer Co." Your argument is not only based in ignorance, but it doesn't even make sense to begin with, since regardless of what you call the suppressor it still doesn't actually make a firearm so quiet that you wouldn't hear it if it discharged right next to you (which it would have in a packed train), nor does that change the fact the author retconned the murder to a knife kill in the next chapter for seemingly no reason (unless "slasher" is meant to be just a general term for all murderers, but that doesn't make sense in English because a "slasher" specifically uses a bladed weapon by slashing, though I suppose the slasher may perform the "finishing blow" with a stab or a bludgeon or a gunshot).

Or, as the ever meme-worthy Stephen Molyneux would put it: "That's not an argument, my dude."

Users who are viewing this thread