Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi - Vol. 12 Ch. 78 - Aoba Apocalypse Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Theory: the snakes had nothing to do with Cthulu, it was Prez, once she died all was well. Cthulu tried to save us all.

Dex-chan lover
this is one of my favorite series ever, thank you for your hard work in translating! i liked the ending though i wish more had been tied up

There goes one more of my pleasure reads, now to fill the void with more trash isekais...

I might be one of the only people who actually likes the ending. It’s open ended but that’s just the nature of cosmic horror. I don’t really care about what happens to Ghost, she’s been the low key big bad of the series but she’s also there for comedic relief sometimes. So honestly I’ve never taken her very seriously. The uncertainty of the ending just makes me worried about the protagonists. I’m honestly more satisfied with the title drop and in my head canon, she definitely tells him she loved him before she leaves.

Group Leader
wait that's it? At least draw out the final fight even if its a suicidal scene :(

TBH I think it is meant to be the prelude for a suicidal last ditch effort by the MC and last hour added companion. See :

- He is seeing literal death flags on everyone. Including himself :/
- Unlike pretty much everyone, he knows of the Sea God summoning. He knows nothing good will come from it.
- The top talent team sent to scout is ... well , put out of service ;)
- His boss calls him and the remaining 2nd liners to do ... something. Anything.

So what does he do? He literally cuts himself of everything he cares in this world, including his ghostly companion, soldiers on and marches towards a threat no one came back alive and sane enough to tell the story . The situation is so dire than even the death flags run away ;) ... no need for death flags when you're a dead man walking :D

That said, and tuning down the hint of sarcasm above, it is not a bad ending, but the delivery could had been far better. And yeah, Knife girl was left in the side of story mid chapter ...

Ending with a cliffhanger...great.. Q o Q

Really loved this series!! I want it to continue!!!! D:<

I really enjoyed this manga. Comedy and horror, mystery and slice-of-life, and moe and gore don't necessarily sound like they would complement each other, but this mangaka was able to create something uniquely satisfying with those elements.

I think that the ending is fine. Jun finally started to be proactive with regard to his powers, and the resolution of the situation with Hayakawa was touching. Most of the questions weren't directly answered, but the important questions were.

Dex-chan lover
I actually expected a bad ending, so to have this kind of open and hopeful ending actually makes me quite happy. The ending left me a bit unsatisfied, but it's better than nothing, and we get the resolution with Hayakawa, and that's beautiful. I'm sad that it's ended when I want more, as it's one of my favorite mangas of all time now. I really love it. I think as what was supposed to be a collection of short stories, having a proper ending would be hard, so I don't judge too much. Just sad I can't have more of this manga and the misadventures. Will most likely re-read this later.

Double-page supporter
The f*ck is this ending...
The story overall was good, but this ending was horrible.

Lux

Power Uploader
The way this final volume wrapped up things was rushed, and it definitely could have been done better. But still i feel it was satisfying, the open ending fits somehow with the overall themes and tones of the series.

I'm really REALLY sad this series ended 😢, looking at it objectively it's definitely far from perfect, but it has exactly what i personally like in a horror series, so i'm gonna give it a very generous rating of 9/10.

Btw this open ending still doesn't rule out the possibility of Karogawa Juzaburo being really Kishida from the future, as the old man joked about some chapter ago.

Double-page supporter
I like this ending a lot. All of the loose ends have been tied up except for one, but since this is a "horror" anthology you can't let it end on a completely happy or bittersweet note either.

On the other hand, this manga has convinced me I've developed some sort of memory problem. I keep forgetting characters, it's terrible. I had no idea who the transforming guy was until he said he would transform into a monster again. Does anyone else have this problem?

Contributor
I mean he solves the problem no? Because neither of them had death snakes.

For all the staff working on this, for all the readers who have read every update, and for those who dropped it part way and are here to see how it ends...

Thanks for all the work.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda like how the last three parter went Lovecraft, but ended on an optimistic note.
As much as I love Lovecraftian oppressive fatalism, I wanted to see our poor "Has everything psychic, paranormal, and spooky forced upon him" hero survive.

Thank you so much for doing this whole series. I am going to miss reading new chapters a ton.

>Call volume "this time everyone's gonna die for real!"
>Nobody of note dies
jf7OgLB.png

But seriously thanks for putting in such great work Megchan I'm gonna miss this comic deeply.

QSS

Group Leader
It's over in a true horror manga fashion... With a non ending >_<

Anyways, thank you megchan for translating this series and introducing us to the author! This has been one of my favorite rides.

Users who are viewing this thread