Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi - Vol. 12 Ch. 78 - Aoba Apocalypse Part 3

QSS

Group Leader
Hey guys FYI I'm recruiting a translator for the author's two untranslated anthologies. I'm also willing to give the raws to any group who wants to work on one themselves.
x27.png
Send me a message please!

I really hope you pick up Tokimeki no ikenie from the same author. I loved this work and am looking forward to see more

Aggregator gang
WAIT THAT WAS THE END??? that was one ambiguous ending :///

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I guess an ambiguous ending was the best route to go. I don’t know where it would have moved from here or how it would have given a conclusion fitting all that build up. Plus, yeah the series clearly lived longer than it was meant to.
“The series didn’t sell well, so it’s gonna get axed huh”
“It probably should have, but the guy in charge didn’t pop up and we don’t care. Just keep going until whenever”
Lol

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmm
Mixed feelings ngl. I wish we could have seen the conclusion of the fight. But that was really good. Thank you for translating this

Aggregator gang
Read everything in one go. Tbh i can say for sure i will miss Egu-chan the most lol? Poor girl need some therapy.

I'm glad Taku and hayakawa got their closure. And tbh I'm pretty sad about Mako, seems like she's going to die soon after the tree died too.

And Prez? Yeah shes going to be the one who kill the Sea God, pre sure about it? Girl just wont die like a cockroach

oh noo, my favourite manga has ended 😭
I'll miss reading this
thank you for your hard work Megchan’s Scanlations!!

Dex-chan lover
I just re-read the last couple of chapters and I notice the ending is pretty subtle but good.

Basically the final scene shows that once Kishida made up his mind and let go of Hayakawa, his powers peaked and it became a given that he manages to save the world.

I guess Hayakawa was saying that she loved Kishida too though. No doubt about that.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay then. First of all, this manga is great. Maintaining a consistent level of quality across twelve volumes is an admirable feat for a mangaka. Seven years! I would readily recommend this series to the right sort of reader, with the warning that the ending may be unsatisfying. If I'm to judge it while disregarding the ending, I'd give it a high score.

So, the ending. It honestly doesn't "feel" like it has one. It's almost as if it were actually a thirteen-volume set, and the guy you bought it from, used, at a discount, had lost the final volume two summers prior. Open endings work well for some manga, but not in this case. I think Uguisu-sensei should have just put in a standard-issue "hero saves the world" ending. It would have fit perfectly. After all, as she noted, she put in fan-pleasing stuff such as pretty girls around the MC at the urging of her editor(s). As a story it is, in equal parts, clichéd and inspired, with the clichéd half naturally demanding a neat little bow tie to finish things up.

Maybe it just got the axe prematurely.

Dex-chan lover
Just need a few chapters more to conclude the story... orz
But overall it’s a good read.
See you again, Uguisu Sachiko, oops sorry, I mean Hiyodori Sachiko!

Dex-chan lover
Damn what an ending
I’ll miss this goofy spooky manga.
It was at times very beautiful

Dex-chan lover
Argh an open ending, welp it was a fun ride. Knowing the overall theme for this and the fact that it has lovecraftian leanings, I guess it fits with the open ending though it kinda ended in a positive note yes if you interpret it like that. Though it's pretty sad knowing it's finished though, the one shots were nice to read and the cast was pretty fun (especially prez, Mako and Eguchi). Though it seemed only Mako had a bad ending which kinda sucks especially coming from Children don't play in the dark manga of the same author. Glad though he finally let go of Hayakawa and it got resolved, but poor Eguchi didn't have any resolution here hope she survived at least along with Mako.

Also it was noted that Jun's psychic powers were suppressed due to Hayakawa, so it's likely with him letting her go he was powerful enough to beat the baddies along with the college psychic.

Head cannon:
Prez was the one who killed Cthulhu lol, she probably got annoyed that people were dropping dead before she became a surgeon and finished the job herself.

Users who are viewing this thread