Shiboritoranaide, Onna Shounin-san - Vol. 10 Ch. 52.1 - Connie’s Quest Part 1

Group Leader
Again, that's not what I'm arguing against. You can find what Connie did is horrible, even down right evil, but do you think that hearing another person say they want a fictional character to be stabbed a million times is also a good thing to say, whether or not you're justified? I will say it again, this is a comedy, action, ecchi manga. It has some serious moments, but don't tell me it's not a ecchi comedy when ecchi moments happen to Merchant-san after teasing Lavvi.
Know what would be cool? If we got back to Merchant-san teasing Lavvi and stopped focusing on his awful fucking family full of psychpaths.

I want what this manga was back.

Dex-chan lover
And now we get the emotionally tragic backstory that completely justifies everything she has done and completely nullifies any evil she has acted… greattttt… funny how guys never get this reveal, at best they get an abusive parent but they still have to take responsibility and take the blame
I definitely got the impression that the author is trying to convey that Connie has pretty much always been awful. They're not trying to absolve her, just showing what led to all this.

Dex-chan lover
Connie, you can have any tragic backstory you want, but it won't justify your behaviour.

When you go too far, there's no coming back.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck her reasons and backstory, and fuck her too.

Only thing her backstory shows me is: serves her right.
She hated the weak and karma hit her in the form of her brother, who had shit stats and couldn't even properly grow.

I'm still hoping he truly never forgives her, and also hoping he has some stupid ridiculous requirement for him to get his unique skill and power up.

Cause it's FUCKING BULLSHIT, that he had an OP family and he didn't inherit any form of power from them. LIKE WTF, ok no skill, no good stats, but not even the generic body makeup of his family!? No resistance too!?!
Some higher power really hated that family (fuck you author)
I've been dropping mangas left and right so I atleast wanted to catch up to this shit.

Dex-chan lover
"didn't even hurt them that bad"

bro, she threw them out a window, broke tables over their heads and came at them with a weapon, what are you talking about
How about you actually look at the kids who at worst are cartoonishly knocked out. No one was bleeding, bandaged or even in a cast. The situation in the classroom is a joke expressing a secondary character flaw. Its just a small piece that slots into how she became the way she is today. I wonder if most of you got "bullied" because you picked on someone and they finally fought back and put you in your place.

The only conclusion I've come to is that a good chunk of the commenters here are insane. Like Jesus Christ I've not seen this much disproportionate hate towards a character before.

The only conclusion I've come to is that a good chunk of the commenters here are insane. Like Jesus Christ I've not seen this much disproportionate hate towards a character before.

I don't get it either, I mean Connie is the current antagonist in this arc but she's just your standard bro-con sister. In action comedies like this they tend to be OP and act like a comedic road block between the male lead and the female lead of the story. So it's not like we are dealing with anything new and ground breaking here.

What's going to drive them really crazy is that after this arc ends there is a significant chance Connie joins the team to save their mother. Followed by a 50/50 chance she joins Lavi's party permanently.

So buckle up folks this onee-shota manga may get a proper bro-con, and muscle mommy soon.

Dex-chan lover
K.
jzgup0.gif

Dex-chan lover
Ah. So we get to see how Connie got so broken.

Note that the very measures that she used to protect her "weakling" little brother are the things that made him "weak" and needing protection

Users who are viewing this thread