Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru - Ch. 107

Dex-chan lover
Kill the weakest f-rank monster, bring back its stone. By the rules your rank remains the same, and she cant do shit. ^_^

Dex-chan lover
If Yuuri doesn't want to be tied down and not have people shun/revere him, then he needs to GTFO. He's drawn too much attention in this country.
What kind of bullshit will the author pull this time?

Just be a godlike wandering hermit...
Having some spending money might not be possible that way. IF the guild in this story monopolizes the sale of monster materials, Yuuri can't sell any materials he may collect as he travels from place to place. Then he's stuck living in certain biomes, unable to completely have his way; he wants some proper human interaction.

Dex-chan lover
1) She fine af 2)She annoying 3) MC annoying, at this point wtf is there to hide? You are behind all the major events already 4)Probably will bow out of it and if they threaten to lose his license that is the dumbest thing if you need a strong protector. Let him stay where he wants

Dex-chan lover
I'm seeing the same responses I frequently see for Japanese stories of this style. A LOT of people hating on the MC, but providing absolutely no reason for the hate.
Some comments actually give "a reason" to dislike the actions of the MC, but I wouldn't call them "hate" and more "grievances" about the MC's behavior.

I'm going to follow up with something that might get me a lot of "hate" but I find it necessary to state what really should be obvious.
Guys, the main character is Japanese and the manga itself is written exclusively for Japanese readers. It's a completely different culture with a completely different mindset and viewpoint on things. They absolutely are not catering to Western audiences (or those who's cultures mainly derive from Western culture), nor should they be.
The Japanese people are frequently more passive in the way they handle things than those from the cultures of the people hating on the main characters who behave this way. So much so that it actually can cause problems within their own culture. So-called "black" companies exist (more) in Japan because they easily can prey on the common behaviors that literally prevent their people from leaving the situation (abandoning the people, as many of them have culturally been raised to believe). In many other cultures the same situations simply wouldn't fly (under most circumstances) and people would leave the company (or situation) in droves.

So, no, there is nothing wrong with the(se) main character(s) simply because it is coming from a cultural background different than your own. In fact, your reaction is the problem, not how the MC(s) behave. It isn't written for you it's written for people of the same culture who agree with and emphasize with the MC(s). If you don't like it drop the manga; the Mangaka (or author, in the case of an adaptation) isn't going to change it for you because you aren't their audience. Period. Sure, they would be happy for additional sales outside of the country, but, uh, you aren't even buying it...

And, finally, to completely flip this around...
Could this MC simply leave the situation if he doesn't like it? Maybe. Unless the guild of this world is a global uniform entity, meaning all guilds are connected to one another regardless of country, etc. if it is a "uniform global entity" then it won't matter what country he goes to, same organization, same system, same rules, AND they likely communicate with one another. If his goal is to be an "adventurer" he requires the guild, if he wants to "work up the ranks" (as opposed to simply staying at "F" permanently, but actually work up them, and not jump up them), he has to keep his efforts to that of the level he is at. If he does want to remain at "F" rank, that'll be harder, but I recall his goal is to be an "adventurer" and not an "F rank" adventurer.
What I do know is that he explicitly does not want to have the responsibility of his previous two lives (hero and sword saint), so it makes literal sense that he avoids doing things that would lead down those paths. Yes he does react to the situation at hand when he is thrown into it, he's not a horrible person who would ignore the two events surrounding the two women from his past life(s) and simply "nope" out of them. And, yes, the Author (this is an adaptation after all) has made it clear that he will find himself in these situations again... He's found two of his previous companions who have become divine entities of a given element, at least two more to go, probably more since Japanese mythology has more than four elements...
So, should he "nope" out of this situation if he desires a low profile? Absolutely. Will it matter? Absolutely not. He desires the life of an "adventurer", he requires the guild, the guild communicates between branches, his information will be passed on no matter where he goes...
Unless he decides to become a hermit and completely avoid people outright, he's stuck. And, even if he does go the hermit path, the shit going on in the background WILL catch up with him. The only question is: will the world "burn" first, or will he continue to "deal with it" as he comes to it.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly if this was a real person with that kind of power, they'd probably quit on the spot for this level of invasion of privacy.
Of course, the mc won't do that because "reasons".
I found it funny actually that he seems to be more jaded than when he was in his first two earlier lives (he seems to be excited to learning magic and swordsmanship before). With now being an adventurer (to keep things low-key as he wanted), it's like he's almost expressionless :LOL: But I digress - he sought a new peaceful life by arbitrarily staying as a low-rank adventurer but people invading his privacy should've proven that his life is not going that way, that should already be a red flag right there, and with the guild master confronting him like this, he should just let himself be disqualified from being an adventurer and just start farming a land or something (that worked for other isekai characters out there).:LOL:

Dex-chan lover
God I hope the mc finds his fucking spine an actually starts saying no to folks
Checks demographic Shounen....
Not a chance in hell to find anything resembling backbone in an MC when it comes to either Authority or Women...

Dex-chan lover
I'm seeing the same responses I frequently see for Japanese stories of this style. A LOT of people hating on the MC, but providing absolutely no reason for the hate.
Some comments actually give "a reason" to dislike the actions of the MC, but I wouldn't call them "hate" and more "grievances" about the MC's behavior.

I'm going to follow up with something that might get me a lot of "hate" but I find it necessary to state what really should be obvious.
Guys, the main character is Japanese and the manga itself is written exclusively for Japanese readers. It's a completely different culture with a completely different mindset and viewpoint on things. They absolutely are not catering to Western audiences (or those who's cultures mainly derive from Western culture), nor should they be.
The Japanese people are frequently more passive in the way they handle things than those from the cultures of the people hating on the main characters who behave this way. So much so that it actually can cause problems within their own culture. So-called "black" companies exist (more) in Japan because they easily can prey on the common behaviors that literally prevent their people from leaving the situation (abandoning the people, as many of them have culturally been raised to believe). In many other cultures the same situations simply wouldn't fly (under most circumstances) and people would leave the company (or situation) in droves.

So, no, there is nothing wrong with the(se) main character(s) simply because it is coming from a cultural background different than your own. In fact, your reaction is the problem, not how the MC(s) behave. It isn't written for you it's written for people of the same culture who agree with and emphasize with the MC(s). If you don't like it drop the manga; the Mangaka (or author, in the case of an adaptation) isn't going to change it for you because you aren't their audience. Period. Sure, they would be happy for additional sales outside of the country, but, uh, you aren't even buying it...

And, finally, to completely flip this around...
Could this MC simply leave the situation if he doesn't like it? Maybe. Unless the guild of this world is a global uniform entity, meaning all guilds are connected to one another regardless of country, etc. if it is a "uniform global entity" then it won't matter what country he goes to, same organization, same system, same rules, AND they likely communicate with one another. If his goal is to be an "adventurer" he requires the guild, if he wants to "work up the ranks" (as opposed to simply staying at "F" permanently, but actually work up them, and not jump up them), he has to keep his efforts to that of the level he is at. If he does want to remain at "F" rank, that'll be harder, but I recall his goal is to be an "adventurer" and not an "F rank" adventurer.
What I do know is that he explicitly does not want to have the responsibility of his previous two lives (hero and sword saint), so it makes literal sense that he avoids doing things that would lead down those paths. Yes he does react to the situation at hand when he is thrown into it, he's not a horrible person who would ignore the two events surrounding the two women from his past life(s) and simply "nope" out of them. And, yes, the Author (this is an adaptation after all) has made it clear that he will find himself in these situations again... He's found two of his previous companions who have become divine entities of a given element, at least two more to go, probably more since Japanese mythology has more than four elements...
So, should he "nope" out of this situation if he desires a low profile? Absolutely. Will it matter? Absolutely not. He desires the life of an "adventurer", he requires the guild, the guild communicates between branches, his information will be passed on no matter where he goes...
Unless he decides to become a hermit and completely avoid people outright, he's stuck. And, even if he does go the hermit path, the shit going on in the background WILL catch up with him. The only question is: will the world "burn" first, or will he continue to "deal with it" as he comes to it.
Blah, prolongued blah.

MC could easily have figured out who's in charge, dropped a bit of the act, and put the fear of ..Him... in them, stressing the point that he is willing to stay quite civil, but that there is a limit to fucking around before Finding Out happens.
He very much has the power to do that.

Of course, that would mean Threatening Authority... UnJapanese... Almost as bad as Holding Hands in ....Public!!

Dex-chan lover
Blah, prolongued blah.

MC could easily have figured out who's in charge, dropped a bit of the act, and put the fear of ..Him... in them, stressing the point that he is willing to stay quite civil, but that there is a limit to fucking around before Finding Out happens.
He very much has the power to do that.

Of course, that would mean Threatening Authority... UnJapanese... Almost as bad as Holding Hands in ....Public!!
Ok. Sure, you are correct that he could have done just that. Then what?
The guild revokes his card, he loses access to the guild. Probably puts the country on notice about him as well. If the guild is global, or at least international, they probably notify the rest of the countries. He is then blacklisted everywhere that the guild exists and a massive amount of attention is pointed at him... Ya know, the exact opposite of what he wants.
Sure, he could go further and threaten the countries themselves, but, really, if you want a demon lord story go elsewhere, they exist and this isn't it.

Don't think it would turn out that way? What happens when a person threatens a police officer or a politician with a weapon? What happened historically when individuals or groups threatened regional feudal lords or entire nations?
He would simply become a terrorist. He doesn't want that. He won't do that.
If you want that, go elsewhere. This clearly isn't the manga for you, and considering how few manga actually do that Japanese manga as a whole are probably not for you.

And based on the end of your comment you're basically saying that Japanese culture isn't for you. You're correct. It isn't, and it won't ever be for you.
"Blah, prolongued blah."? Go cry me a river. Stop whining about something you literally have no influence on, never will have influence on, and should never have influence on.

I would continue, but you already made it clear that you don't have the critical reading capability to have even read this far, not do you have the emotional capacity to simply ignore something that justifiably doesn't agree with your world views.

Finally, if, by some miracle you did finish reading to here, and you disagree with my clear evidence backed opinions, ignore me. Click on my name in my post and select "Ignore." I did it for you, I don't care if you do it for me.

Last edited:
Group Leader
the sign seems like it should have said something about "reassessment" match, not "replacement".

If MC was smart, all he would need to do is get a goblin core or something similar in rank.

Users who are viewing this thread