Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie

Dex-chan lover
Wait, since when did an anime for this get green lit!? That's freaking awesome!!!

This manga has always been a weekly dose of a cute couple's slice of life, I feel like people don't check out the description sometimes lol.
There are plenty of simple animes like this without big drama or 0 to 100 character development. Just pure, heartwarming slice of life.

@Tompkins275 chill out, a relationship doesn't need a kiss to seal a relationship at all. It's not even the fact that they're vegetables, rather they're both happy how they are, and neither care for something like a kiss. Go back to your smut josei if you're raging to see that stuff.

This and horimiya just show me how depressing my life is. I have no one I could call a good friend since all of my friends are just people I talk to in school and never outside of school. The last time I had a friend who I could call a best friend had to move away since his parents were in the military :(

Dex-chan lover
If they don't at least kiss on chapter 100 i'm dropping it. It's cute and all but there's 0 actual relationship things going on. Kinda lame.

I still like this manga but it feels like their relationships been stalled for awhile now.

Double-page supporter
Is it a hot take to say that the manga was better when it was tiny little fluffy bits? I don't really care about any of the side characters, I just really like it when they do the close up of her face and she looks really cool. It makes my heart beat.

Dex-chan lover
@pejejwrori At the risk of stating the obvious, this manga, Horimiya, and others like them are fiction. Fantasy. They are specifically created as a warm and inviting world to either induce a sense of nostalgia in people who had similar experiences or of wish fulfillment for those who simply didn't. You don't need to feel bad about your life because the immensely meaningful relationships and (somewhat) life long friends that are usually depicted in these kinds of stories are, truly, rarities in real life. At the very least, the most meaningful relationships of your life don't all come before you turn 25; they come and go in various points in your life, perhaps even near its end. Many to most relationships are as you described: casual and circumstantial. Media like these are popular BECAUSE many, many people want to escape this reality and the lack in their own lives.

A fictional person has no worth; you do.

(Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but after I saw your comment, I wanted to speak my mind.)

Users who are viewing this thread