Shikkoku Tsukai no Saikyou Yuusha

Dex-chan lover
I don't enjoy the series but the boy and a doggo get's me emotional for a different reason. They seem like past/future incarnations of Kaname Tousen and Sajin Komamura from bleach. Some ability of the boy matches Tousen a bit.

Aggressively mid, unless you're looking for isetrash. It has some good moments, but its mostly a slog.

After the first few chapters where the MC has to confront someone he indirectly harmed, resolving that trauma and getting a drink that "restores the will to live", the premise has ZERO effect on the plot. You have no idea how many unnecessary fight scenes there are, villains aren't always given a proper setup, and there isn't a lot of concrete progress made to the direction of... Do good? Maybe stop the demon king? Often the heroes don't have a real big reason why they win, its either circumstantial(one time they won because IT TOOK SO LONG IT GOT DARK) or some bit flipped in the code that meant they could fight back.

The magic/hero system is alright, nothing more nothing less. I have nothing to comment other than it's one of the most innovative generic systems because they got rid of

Its not all bad though, there are some genuinely cool moments, like the literal first arc where the MC has to reconcile trauma from the sibling of someone his actions indirectly caused the death of, and the decision to spare this absolutely infuriating couple because they have a child on the way genuinely shows they have some soul instead of killing people that kill people and saving people that don't. I'm also a sucker for bullshit philosophy and the climax of one arc is literally a philosophical debate(during a fight scene) about what is moral to sacrifice for returning one's loved ones.

My question is, there is a romance tag on this so is there romance and is it the monster dog human form?

Thank you

Dex-chan lover
the amount of annoying unredeamable scum got more screen time than they need. and absolute shit pay off.

while interesting the story isn't worth your time wait a few year for story to finish first is my recomend

Dex-chan lover
I disagree with the negative sentiments voiced here--this story's a whole lot more enjoyable than the formulaic (or, in other cases, outright corrupt) garbage I've been seeing make the rounds. What this story does, other stories have done in some ways, but few others do it the way it does. As an example, there is no effeminate male MC here--while dozens of other manga have just that. And for once, you don't have pedophilia forced into the story: the main girl is a proper bombshell, and she doesn't even get outclassed in that regard by a side character; both of these are also part of the formula so many other manga follow.

I'm hoping a good scanlation group (i.e., not the avaricious type, like GDS) can pick this up.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
There is a semblance of an enjoyable story here but it's buried under a relentless slog of an inane and inconsistent philosophy which dodges back and forth around the cliche'd conflicted heroes performing impossible mental gymnastics to avoid killing evil people. What makes it go beyond into unforgiveable territory is that it's not like the main characters haven't killed or won't kill. As far as challenging their philosophy goes, it's just this neverending masochist setup where the TRUE goal is to make the heroes and innocent people suffer as much as possible for the sake of drama which doesn't enhance the story. And frankly is unnecessary not to mention avoidable.

Haven't caught up to most recent release but I have gotten far enough to reveal certain plot points which explain the opening events. I won't bother even spoiling them because it's too disjointed to actually make sense, and I don't have faith that future revelations will clear it up. It boils down to having things happen for the sake of having them happen and just winging it when it comes to constructing the logic that underpins the worldbuilding and plot driving everything.

I was willing to remain neutral and just consider it mid until events which I think have already gotten some attention on the other commentary here. There's simply no justification for some of the individuals the heroes specifically allow to go free and escape judgement. The only way you're going to scrape by with this sort of decision is if you have your hero at least let the law judge them, and even then they've demonstrated that there isn't nearly enough attention toward keeping the law accountable. It always just comes back to the good guys being self-righteous in their suffering.

Dex-chan lover
this is among the chuuniest shit I've read and I've read a lot of isekai power fantasy stories lmao

Users who are viewing this thread