Shimanami Tasogare

This may be the single best LGBTQ+ manga out there. The art is beautiful and ethereal, the story is touching, and the range of identities is so real and affirming. My only complaint is that I was not ready for it to end! I feel there was so much room for development in the story still, but that aside it was an amazing read. I want every one I know to read this series regardless if they enjoy comics or not.

;-; this felt toooo short but so MUCH has happened that's made it all worth reading up to the end!! everything this manga illustrated completely matched how i have felt as someone who's still questioning their sexuality. i can tell that so much love and care was put into this manga and i can't be more grateful that this is something real and hopeful for people to read. my heart is so full omg

Double-page supporter
really really beautiful, both in the art and in the writing
also the most realistic depiction of queer life at all stages--from the very young to the old--i've seen in a manga

short, intense, gorgeous, will make you cry, and one i will definitely revisit

I've read this manga twice and it's definitely one of my favorites. Truly a beautiful manga that hit me right in the feels

Double-page supporter
i remember randomly stumbling across this quite a while ago and dropping it

Really beautiful. Was not looking for or expecting to enjoy this type of story. The art, imagery, characters, plot, and realistic flaws and imperfections are amazing. The metaphorical splash pages made me feel so much emotion each time.

A powerful and personal story that made me grow a bit. I feel lucky to have stumbled upon this.

absolutely amazing, didn't know i would cry as much as i did but like that was so realistic and so beautiful :'(( loved it so much 100/10

I love this manga to it's core. All of the characters, their development, the motif of restoring old houses, the vibe of the town. While reading I almost felt that sea breeze.
Now I want to go there for sightseeing to visit those places so badly.
In summary this is one of my favourite manga's.

Dex-chan lover
Man, if Western media could come close to being this good at portraying LGBT characters.

This manga is so beautifully written. Does justice at portraying the lgbtq community and the characters!! I love all the character developments and wished there were more chapters. Made me cry so much at 12 am, definitely a 10/10. Super good read!! Probably going to be my favorite manga of all times!!

Users who are viewing this thread