Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Fed-Kun's army
Haha so the sage class is just really good at magic and has no bearing on being smart lol the warrior girl telling him he was stating the obvious was great

Fed-Kun's army
*sigh*
The reason this plot doesn't work as well as it could is that:
All the other party members KNEW how much Gideon was beneficial to the party and yet let Alex run him off and only NOW decided to go after him.
If this was a "didn't know what we had till he was gone" plot, it would work marvelously, I would actually care for these little "If Gideon was here" and "we need Gideon back" moments....
But it just highlights how everyone except Lit and the elf girl are freaking morons. They knew off the bat Alex screwed up and refused to continue without Gideon.

Fed-Kun's army
I guess Sage is all INT and no WIS, Gideon with his balanced build was probably the highest WIS character in the group so now they are missing him since they all have minmax'ed combat builds and can't do anything besides taking the fight path every encounter. Maybe this situation could be solved with a WIS check instead of a fight but the Hero (probably the second highest WIS after Gideon) failed the check (maybe the urge to fight from her hero "blessing" has a WIS penalty) and they got to fight.
This is a great manga, plot and characters seem solid, nice world building and nice art.

Aggregator gang
No! I don’t want to go back to waiting again...
Thanks v much for the translation lol.

It is stupid that the rest of the party just let him go like that. While his position as a constant may have been falling behind they could have kept him on in a managerial role for all the extra support he provided.

@SingLove

I think it's more like the remaining party members had more of a feeling of duty to the hero herself and it thus wouldn't have immediately occurred to them to leave in search of Gideon without the participation or urging of the hero. It's like they knew he was necessary but just didn't really know to what extent he was necessary for the group, especially considering he helps them in more critical but less bombastic (is that the right word here?) and "showy" ways.

Fed-Kun's army
@SingLove

The beginning was kinda rushed but i still think it was great, Gideon always had an inferiority complex from his "blessing" and probably messed up during the boss fight, when the sage complained he felt guilt and left, it doesn't show any other party member talking or anything, Gideon just saw failure as the limit of his "blessing" and left, other fights would be harder and he didn't want to be in the way. It seems a weak plot but i believe it was right, it was a decision most people with Gideon's personality and story would take, any flattering from party members after the sage confrontation would feel like pity so there was no way he would talk to them.

Fed-Kun's army
@BOTMAN
Umm, I didn't complain in the slightest about Gideon you know? I understand why he decided to leave.....pretty sure I was talking about party members....hmm...maybe I wasn't clear enough.....

@shoujotrash
They knew. They gave very specific examples when they complained to Alex or towards Alex, that's not a "Oh yeah! He did do that, didn't he?" thing. Could just be bad writing or confusing translations on that part though....
The feeling of duty to the hero is probably the only worthwhile excuse at that time, but now because of that they are suffering and the hero is getting more and more unhinged by the day lol.

Dex-chan lover
poor MC really is destined to always move forward. and the fact that the "intelligent sage" cannot figure out the key issue in the party and the problems he created really makes one wonder about the Sage class itself.

no worry, Ruit, you will soon enough be able to talk with your beloved Brother again

Users who are viewing this thread