Shindou Sefiria no Gekokujou Program - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
@Odessakun
Ah, a fellow C++ programmer. Although its been years since I touch coding related matter, since I somehow become a sheet metal design drafter these few years.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion The first part isn't that much of an issue, seems to me like magic will just fail silently (aka do nada) if it cant compile. As for the latter, I really recognize that. "I can see a bug right there in the code, so why the hell is everything working?".
Or those spells where you write parts when drunk or severely sleep deprived, and the day after are entirely stumped by how the hell it works, as it invokes arcane secrets when all it should do is add more fire magic to the fireball. When you figure it out after a full day of analyzing that snippet you wrote in a minute, you realize that whoever wrote it was a mad genius ...And then quickly change it to simple if-statements (that you quickly prepared before starting analyzing) for readability's sake, even if it takes way more lines, error-checking and variables. Because who needs genius? Readability is key, and either way works just the same in the end.

Dex-chan lover
So the spells are some kind of high level programming language for interpreting the magic of the world? I wonder what the limitations are.

Are the spell names/chants pronounced in Japanese? Does knowing the code even matter then if you just know the chant?

Fed-Kun's army
The Japanese really loves the programming = magic's logic trope huh

I mean, it’s not the first time the “magic spells can be treated with coding logic” has appeared.

Dex-chan lover
The formatting on that source code was absolutely disgusting

Also which header files do I need to include

Fed-Kun's army
@kuro0102
From the top of my head, Knight's & Magic where the MC applies programming knowledge to magic scripts. Black healer isekai where the God reveals
he hijacked the summoning that was supposed to summon a programmer that can rewrite magic with programming https://s4.mangadex.org/data/f49373e18d52ed3b19c17016ea20be97/m20.jpg

Not sure if spoiler tag works, first time using it

Just more proof that we live in a simulation. The magic spell wind is just a program function called wind.

Dex-chan lover
Demon child! Kill it with FIRE!

Also One-san, stop fooling around and go back to writing OPM!

@firosahoge Exactly why Yuri is always the best route.

ALWAYS.

Dex-chan lover
Its going to be hard to maintain the dignity of a great sage until she is out of diapers.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, the knight was a female ?!
All this time I thought it was cool bro knight.

Double-page supporter
@AdamKnight Tell me about it, I’m a shiatsu/reflexology massage therapist and stretch therapist now lmao, it’s been so long since I touched code, I can only get the references now 😂

KZO

Dex-chan lover
That knight is pretty much her perfect wife.

Users who are viewing this thread