Shindou Sefiria no Gekokujou Program - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

considering the kind of manga this is I don't know if it's the translation or just the dialogue that is bad
but considering I get what it means for the most part
I will blame it on the manga
thanks for the translation

Kept expecting a time skip in this manga and instead now we get conspiracies forming to off a baby.

Fed-Kun's army
This almost feels like a comedy with how the baby is going through the situations most isekai protags would do after time skip. i hope it'll countinue through baby doing what is normal for grownup isekai protags

Group Leader
God, why are people planning on killing this cute little baby here XD

Double-page supporter
For anyone confused, I managed to find the raws and take a look. It seems like she's saying that nobody would mistake her having the same accomplishments as that guy in response to his protest that they'll be a laughing stock since there's a baby among their ranks. She also gets him to say that younger people should listen to their elders, then says that he must be a bad boy since he didn't listen to his elder telling him to shut up earlier when he started voicing his complaints.

As for why she can't pay for the fruit, it seems that she hasn't received her wages yet and she says that once she does, she wants to pay the knight back.

That's about it for any differences that I noticed.

I guess the other interesting thing of note is that when she's talking, they write her dialogue all out in hiragana instead of with kanji. I guess because she's a baby?

Getting pissed over a baby returning the shit talk he himself started, tsk tsk tsk. This dude deserves whatever he's gonna get from the Fresh Blood Executioner.

Dex-chan lover
9 chapters in and MC still a baby... is this how the series gonna roll? a baby who flipped the world?

To be fair, I'd be pissed too if I was stupid enough to lose a debate with a baby... that I started.

Dex-chan lover
@Cloutaku
no, I have to disagree. She is definitely not talking about herself being a "bad girl".

She said - [じゃあ さっき]
[くちをつつしみなさい っていわれても むししたのは]
[わるいこ ですね ボズラ—さん]

Which literally translated as [Then, just before]
[when being told to close your mouth and disregarded it]
[so it means that you are a "bad child", mr. Bozler]

Last sentence doesn't have pronoun, so i can understand the reason behind that mistake. But there is no way anyone would think that she is talking about herself in that kind of context. Basically, she just catch up him redhanded on his double-standard thinking, aka "you are a bad kid, if you don't listen to your elders", so she pointed out that he doesn't have a right to talk that way, when he isn't any better.
And just from situation, why would he feel shame after her slandering herself being a "bad girl"? She just dragged him down to her level calling him a rebellious kid, so he is ashamed of it.

Also, she doesn't refer to bandit subjugation as "mistake". It doesn't make any sense. Her wording might have been indeed better (since, for example, translation-apis really want to translate it as mess/crap/etc), but in that context it can only be read as "deed" or "credit". She is asking him if he have any achievement, like herself. Then she sarcastically said that she doesn't see that bandit subjugation as something special and all of the people sitting here for sure did it once or twice as well. He couldn't say anything, because he doesn't have even that kind of "lowly achievement", so he backpedaled from it, and just picked on her age instead.

Mage discussion doesn't make sense in your translation exactly because of those inconsistencies. If you are not paying attention, it's not a rare situation when entire meaning of the phrase become opposite of the original.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine becoming a villain because you got butt hurt at, and by, a baby.

Imagine being shown up by a baby.

Imagine not realizing the baby has, at the very least, as much power as you as to be recognized by the king of your country and that becoming an enemy to said baby won't do you any favors once she grows up and doubles, if not, triples, her power output.

Imagine being manipulated by a shadowy figure because of a baby.

Imagine being envious of a baby.

Dex-chan lover
@enmaaisha
I did translations and proofread in the past, for couple of years, but at some point it just became constraining - using tons of time, without much returns. Seeing happy readers is good and all, but when it became just exhausting routine like "work without pay", i just couldn't force myself to keep going.

Also, it was translation from english to russian, it atleast was easy enough for me. But from japanese to english is enourmous timesink. I don't really know japanese letters, i know only sentence construction and big vocabulary from watching tons of anime, so every page i need to scan in abbyy finereader, put results in translator, and it shows me transcription which is exactly what i translate, which is also confusing most of the time, which make me search each word one by one. I'm way too lazy to use half of my day on each chapter :D

That's why i really admire people who still can keep doing it, but nevertheless, translation still need to be correct.

Users who are viewing this thread