Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku - Ch. 39 - The decisive battle comes to an end

Dex-chan lover
I don't see any reason to keep her alive. What's the author cooking?
Probably the augmented rival's return. Probably having sacrificed their humanity to achieve the strength to win but will still lose since they're no longer human.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
She couldn't pass through that few soldiers? This stinks of asspull. Either that, or the artist doesn't portray the scene well.

She judged by their willing-to-die attitude by the time she's done fighting them the old man would've taken Rosenmarie far enough that Olivia can't pursue.

The soldiers left behind are probably all dead, but to Olivia the important thing was that Rosenmarie got away.

Dex-chan lover
Why did a bunch of faceless mobs prevent her from getting to bitchface? She's done far more before.
Probably because those people ready to die as long as Rosenmarie survives? I mean sure Olivia can kills them all but against that kind of people who already know their death is coming and prepared, it will take considerable amount of time to kill them, meanwhile in meantime Rosenmarie will escape

Dex-chan lover
Probably because those people ready to die as long as Rosenmarie survives? I mean sure Olivia can kills them all but against that kind of people who already know their death is coming and prepared, it will take considerable amount of time to kill them, meanwhile in meantime Rosenmarie will escape
Lots of energy expenditure required without achieving the goal. Hence she did not try. Sunken cost and all.

Dex-chan lover
She could’ve easily slash the entire regiment and followed them in a jiffy.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Olivia. I understand getting caught up people watching and forgetting what you're doing. If I could offer her some cheesecake I would.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like

I predict MC will Die horribly at the end idk it feel like it.

Dex-chan lover
It may seem like a plot contrivance in the manga, but in LN Olivia tried everything she could to kill Rosenmarie, expending her trump card during the fight. But the enemy soldiers kept throwing themselves at Olivia, slowing her down as she carved them up like tissue paper. At the end of the chapter you can see how depressed she is because
at the beginning of the fight, Olivia said she would kill Rosenmarie. Since Rosenmarie escaped, that makes Olivia's original statement a lie. She is now a liar, and liars are bad girls. Olivia is now a bad girl.[/Olivialogic]

Dex-chan lover
This manga doesn't update fast enough to satisfy me... Yes, I'm unreasonable.
Gotta wait for next chapter Q_Q

• Angry

le3

Dex-chan lover
Feels like

I predict MC will Die horribly at the end idk it feel like it.
That's for another girl who eat shinigami (The girl who ate death god ln), this one is more lighthearted .

Dex-chan lover
Its cool to see them use an actual executioner's sword for the execution
1280px-Ep%C3%A9e_de_justice_IMG_3471.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Everyone already commented on how ridiculous it was to let Rosemary get away like this.

As if we didn't see Olivia chopping off grunts' heads left and right in earlier chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Its cool to see them use an actual executioner's sword for the execution
1280px-Ep%C3%A9e_de_justice_IMG_3471.jpg
Axes are the most iconic execution weapon before the guillotine was invented, but most historical materials I've seen show the executioners use swords, so I liked that detail.

Dex-chan lover
Getting distracted by stealthy combat tricks? Not going to happen.
Getting distracted by a skit? Yes.

Well at least Rosenmarie's escape will make another one-sided good battle if ever.

Supporter
Rosemarie better not be made into said OP char to contrast Olivia for sake of drama due "desire for revenge" or some nonsense like that that makes her OP.

If that's done, we're doing to dumpster the series by shoving in a character all of sudden that is as OP as the MC, defeating attracting point of MC being OP, so we can drag out the story with months on end of chapters with "drama" and overly extended "close" fights which we know Olivia will win in the end but we're just going to pad out the length with powercreep and shounen fights.

This is the trap of alot of OP MCs. They (authors) feel forced to add equally OP antagonist at some point, but all it does it make the series generic, ruins the enjoyment of OP MC, and pads out the story length with forced drama.

i‘m sure she’ll come back as OP and I’m sure Olivia will still beat her easily Or at the most, she’ll actually need to fight serious for once and not just play around. I HIGHLY doubt she’ll become OP enough to match Olivia

Users who are viewing this thread