Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku - Ch. 39 - The decisive battle comes to an end

Dex-chan lover
Probably because those people ready to die as long as Rosenmarie survives? I mean sure Olivia can kills them all but against that kind of people who already know their death is coming and prepared, it will take considerable amount of time to kill them, meanwhile in meantime Rosenmarie will escape
Considering in how bad a state both were I doubt they could and the author just did this to do what everyone else has already said.

Dex-chan lover
It may seem like a plot contrivance in the manga, but in LN Olivia tried everything she could to kill Rosenmarie, expending her trump card during the fight. But the enemy soldiers kept throwing themselves at Olivia, slowing her down as she carved them up like tissue paper. At the end of the chapter you can see how depressed she is because
at the beginning of the fight, Olivia said she would kill Rosenmarie. Since Rosenmarie escaped, that makes Olivia's original statement a lie. She is now a liar, and liars are bad girls. Olivia is now a bad girl.[/Olivialogic]
Is the LN worth it? How far ahead is the english Release? Or is there a fanTL going on?

Double-page supporter
Is the LN worth it? How far ahead is the english Release? Or is there a fanTL going on?

Yes the Light Novel is worth the reading (especially if you like the manga).

Currently, the Light Novel will release its 5th volume in a few days (the manga is at the end of volume 2).

The thing that I find interesting in this story is that the story focuses on both sides of the war, slightly building up the story toward a fated confrontation.

yoa

Dex-chan lover
I fear no man but that thing it scares me

title.png

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes, the Azure Knights, the more elite version of the Crimson Knights. After them we have the Helios Knights he mentioned. But they're still nothing compared to the infamous Purple Knights, the elitest of the elite. And then we have the Plaid Knights. We don't talk about the Plaid Knights.

I can buy Olivia being unable to kill Rosy. She didn't have her sword, was probably tired, and there were enough delaying forces against her. But mostly it was her own mistake for behaving like a B-grade villain who monologues too much and lets the heroes escape.

I don't buy the "you should've died to shield your people" logic. If you die there's nothing you can do. There are many other avenues you should take before it comes to that. Just take a look at what some of the occupied countries in WWII did instead of fighting to the death.

Now, the lord didn't seem to take any of those, and the people were overjoyed to see their own lord executed, so there's little wrong with end result.

And I liked the square-tipped executioner's sword. Even if the length is drawn inconsistently.

Dex-chan lover
I don't buy the "you should've died to shield your people" logic. If you die there's nothing you can do. There are many other avenues you should take before it comes to that. Just take a look at what some of the occupied countries in WWII did instead of fighting to the death.

Now, the lord didn't seem to take any of those, and the people were overjoyed to see their own lord executed, so there's little wrong with end result.

And I liked the square-tipped executioner's sword. Even if the length is drawn inconsistently.
True, but it seems like he didn't even try passive resistance against the Empire, slowing logistics and such. Not outright defiance but enough to gum up things.

And he allowed the Empire to harm innocent civilians for petty reasons. So, he moved into full Collaborator.

Oscar Schindler was a Nazi weapon maker but made sure anything his people made was bad material and wouldn't work.

Dex-chan lover
True, but....
That's what I implied. He didn't do anything he should've done, and by what he did he deserved what happened to him. It doesn't matter exactly what it was, but getting rid of him is both a benefit and morally acceptable.

Oscar Schindler was a Nazi weapon maker but made sure anything his people made was bad material and wouldn't work.
I know it's a bit off tangent of an off tangent, but I like the Swedish translation of the title of the film Schindler's List. It's called "Schindlers List". We don't use apostrophes for possessive, so the first word is exactly the same. The second, however, means guile or cunning in Swedish ("list" would translate to "lista"), so that changes the meaning of the title even if it's spelled the same, while also creating a title that's still very much appropriate for the film. Great film, btw.

Dex-chan lover
That's what I implied. He didn't do anything he should've done, and by what he did he deserved what happened to him. It doesn't matter exactly what it was, but getting rid of him is both a benefit and morally acceptable.

I know it's a bit off tangent of an off tangent, but I like the Swedish translation of the title of the film Schindler's List. It's called "Schindlers List". We don't use apostrophes for possessive, so the first word is exactly the same. The second, however, means guile or cunning in Swedish ("list" would translate to "lista"), so that changes the meaning of the title even if it's spelled the same, while also creating a title that's still very much appropriate for the film. Great film, btw.
My mistake and thanks.

And agreed on that movie. I saw it once and it still resonates with me.

Dex-chan lover
Really hope this will have some sort of satisfactory ending cause her getting away with human shields is just not believable when she can dispatch elite warriors in seconds and all she has to do is chase a above average elite soldier who is carrying a person. getting distracted is lazy. Maybe if someone she cared about or a valuable soldier in the battle needed assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread