Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 16 Ch. 73 - Jimi Hendrix

Dex-chan lover
I posted in the /a/ thread that I was hoping to see Robert Johnson in this properly when the last chapter dropped. Talk about lucky timing.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I always repeat myself when talking about this manga, but this chapter is
chef's kiss
a masterpiece

that scene of slowly transitioning to jimi's face? I don't know how I didn't see that, but then, bam! also, the revelation of the timelimit to the contract. Will they help her achieve fame to save her?

Dex-chan lover
So so excited to finally see this chapter translated! I’d absolutely love to import this volume someday, if only for the amazing spreads in this chapter. Also very cool to finally see Robert Johnson in the manga.

It would never get an anime because the Hendrix Estate would kill it dead.
I feel like even if you could get the Hendrix, Cobain, etc. estates’ approvals, the music in the manga is borderline unadaptable due to the sheer talent present. I mean, “God see you again” is an in-universe composition between Cobain and Hendrix — the expectations for the music would be insanely high. And that’s not even mentioning any of the 27 Club’s songs. As much as I’d love to see this get an adaptation (so this manga can finally get some attention), it’d have to nail the music perfectly AND be able to present the music with the same energy the manga does. And I think that’s why the author hasn’t pushed for an anime adaptation yet (if ever).

I feel like an album of Shiori Experience’s songs would be a really cool alternative though (even if that’s also a pipe dream :,) )!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters I’m so happy to see this back. I hope you continue

Dex-chan lover
seems like dropout has been inactive for a while in general
…In some ways you can say they might have dropped out.

Sorry, can’t help it. I’ll close the door on my way out.

Users who are viewing this thread