Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 9 Ch. 38 - Sax

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the double release! Aw, Subaru-sensei used to be such a cutie.

fuuuuuuck that backstory drop tho. god subaru was really baby mitsuoka's idol. she even copied her down to the hairstyle. what changed tho??? mitsuoka's shown more smiles here than in all the previous chapters combined

i just hope it's not the cliche "i was betrayed by the sax, so i don't want you to make the same mistake"-backstory

Double-page supporter
@itsamihan

I think Mitsuoka wanted a change of pace after listening the song and then jamming with Shiori-sensei's group.

Dare I say... she wanted to "experience" something more than perfection. Playing music just because it was a fun thing to do, not only because it gives her medals and praise.

Group Leader
Oh damn, so Mitsuoka used to play the sax (was that mentioned some time before?) and her inspiration was Subaru. Wonder what was the reason for that change in her attitude.
Props to Mitsuoka too for successfully managing to change from the sax to the trumpet. Knowing how to "play" few instruments isn't too hard but excelling at both is a whole other beast.

Double-page supporter
I kinda suspected that "random talented musician girl" in the flashback was going to be Subaru sensei.

There's much more to Subaru sensei than "horrible attitude perfectionist slave driver rival character". There were glimpses of it before, like when she heard the club's song and taught the sax girl.

She understands the suffering required for artists to flourish, but it made her cold and hard.

Honestly there's so much drama in just the school side of this story. I think the homicidal record producer plot really detracts from this mangas.

Dex-chan lover
"You enjoy it too much to really get into the technical aspects of it and become great." I can understand her thought process, in a cold sort of way.

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter made me curious and now I want to know the backstory of subaru-sensei. Like, what happened to her that changed her personality so much? Young subaru sensei seemed so different from the current one.

Users who are viewing this thread