shitpost here

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they probably banned you for rule 5.1. Basically your comment pushed the envelope in too many ways. Personal attack, distasteful joke, etc. You take your pick.
No, it was "Threats". You can see it right there.
Because if you don't this will happen.
That's not the response you think it is.

"Why didn't you change the thing before it got you banned?"
"Because no sensible Human being would see it as a problem. Including myself."
"Well you have to if you don't want to get banned".

Putting aside the issue of whether what I did was "wrong" by some transcendent moral standard, the fact is that as far as I was concerned, a problem didn't even register. People don't "fix" things when they don't spot an issue.
Thats just your interpretation friend what may seem like sound logic to you will not apply to a vast amount of people best get used to it. From past experience I go to discord and either ping a mod i know or a reasonable one i know will give me an unbiased opinion hav
I think you tried to respond to something I wrote, but the forum ate the quote. So now you've just got a weird, run-on sentence, and I don't know what you're referring to.

So you resort to a murder scenario? Couldn't you just have explained the context clues from the chapter? I don't know how you went from what happened in the chapter to describing what you did.
I know you're just now swooping in at the last second, but the main chapter in question had over 400 comments (20 pages) explaining, in truly mind-numbing detail, how the story has, in the most explicit terms physically possible, told us everything. I encourage you to read it yourself, because if I tell you exactly how deep in denial some of the readers are, you'd think I'm exaggerating. The exact thread that took place in is for the chapter where we see the exact thing he's denying happened.

It's like insisting your parents aren't boning while you're looking at them, Clockwork Orange style, and they're somehow not discouraged.
You're not in trouble.
Velo can always appeal their bans with us through discord or the forums. They're free to do that.
I tried the Discord angle, only to be met with deafening silence. And how would I do that on the forums? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
Nothing stops you from trying more than once.
Believe me: I've tried repeatedly. The messages just sat around for hours, only for the next guy to get an instant answer to his problem. For every single ban. It's not like I just happened to be on at the wrong time or something.
We have a Support forum as well.
Again: How would I get on the forum? Is this some off-site forum I've just never heard about? Because otherwise, I can't so much as look at any mail the mods leave me, much less get on a forum and post. I'm just met with a blank page saying "You're banned until x date on blah blah blah". No access to mail, notifications, my profile, any threads, etc.

Dex-chan lover
that's a weird expression.
It's pretty common. Been around for decades.

No, it was "Threats". You can see it right there.
There's no explicit rule for "threats" but it probably falls under the "and so on" and "mod discretion" parts of 5.1. But my point was that they probably just picked "threats" as a reason for a comment that they could have also interpreted as a personal attack or a distasteful joke.

Dex-chan lover
That's not the response you think it is.

"Why didn't you change the thing before it got you banned?"
"Because no sensible Human being would see it as a problem. Including myself."
"Well you have to if you don't want to get banned".

Putting aside the issue of whether what I did was "wrong" by some transcendent moral standard, the fact is that as far as I was concerned, a problem didn't even register. People don't "fix" things when they don't spot an issue.
I agree you can't fix something you don't know is wrong. Again I have had my fair share of bans without even an ilk of what i did wrong because to my standard i did nothing wrong even after reading the rules. Ultimately I just decided to not do the things that could get me in trouble anymore its not worth the hassle and you are not gonna get them to change the rules trust me.
I think you tried to respond to something I wrote, but the forum ate the quote. So now you've just got a weird, run-on sentence, and I don't know what you're referring to.
I fucking hate breaking up quotes and doing proper responses its a pain in the ass but just for you ill do it. I was responding to this sentence.
The thought of a threat didn't even cross my mind because no reasonable Human being sees that as a threat of violence.
I know you're just now swooping in at the last second, but the main chapter in question had over 400 comments (20 pages) explaining, in truly mind-numbing detail, how the story has, in the most explicit terms physically possible, told us everything. I encourage you to read it yourself, because if I tell you exactly how deep in denial some of the readers are, you'd think I'm exaggerating. The exact thread that took place in is for the chapter where we see the exact thing he's denying happened.

It's like insisting your parents aren't boning while you're looking at them, Clockwork Orange style, and they're somehow not discouraged.
Im not gonna take you up on that mate not my cup of tea and quite honestly ill probably get pissed reading it i have enough of that with pandas yuri pings.

Dex-chan lover
View attachment 5176

If you click the forum option on the left sidebar, you'll immediately see it.

lwbirq.png

As you can see, "Forums" is unavailable. I'll go out of my way to try getting on there next time I get banned, but at the very least, it's not readily apparent that I can go there in the first place. Maybe there's been some kind of misunderstanding here.
BuyVeiledthreats :pepela:
Nooo! Buy Velomobiles! They get over 5500 MPGe for less than half the cost of a car!
I agree you can't fix something you don't know is wrong. Again I have had my fair share of bans without even an ilk of what i did wrong because to my standard i did nothing wrong even after reading the rules. Ultimately I just decided to not do the things that could get me in trouble anymore its not worth the hassle and you are not gonna get them to change the rules trust me.
Then it's kind of redundant, since violent analogies aren't a thing I do in general. Though, yes, I suppose I should avoid making a second one if I want to avoid getting banned. I'm not going to change things by arguing with mods on here.
I fucking hate breaking up quotes and doing proper responses its a pain in the ass but just for you ill do it. I was responding to this sentence.
Thank you boo. <3

If you want to break up quotes more easily, just highlight the sentence you want to respond to. After a moment, a "reply" button will appear and let you quote the highlighted bit specifically.

Im not gonna take you up on that mate not my cup of tea and quite honestly ill probably get pissed reading it i have enough of that with pandas yuri pings.
That's fair, and reasonable. I'm just a masochist

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
lwbirq.png

As you can see, "Forums" is unavailable. I'll go out of my way to try getting on there next time I get banned, but at the very least, it's not readily apparent that I can go there in the first place. Maybe there's been some kind of misunderstanding here.

Wait, if you cannot see the forums because you're "banned" (which you are not, since the period is over, I confirmed it), how are you in this thread?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, if you cannot see the forums because you're "banned" (which you are not, since the period is over, I confirmed it), how are you in this thread?
I think they're talking about not being able to appeal in the forums because they're banned from the forums
Ok. Let's start over again: When I am banned from the forums, I cannot appeal the ban on the forums. Your suggestion to appeal said ban on the "Support" forums is a Catch 22.

I was asking if there was something I was missing, since the site doesn't let me even see said forums, much less post an appeal, yet you were telling me I could do that.

Staff
Super Moderator
Ok. Let's start over again: When I am banned from the forums, I cannot appeal the ban on the forums. Your suggestion to appeal said ban on the "Support" forums is a Catch 22.

I was asking if there was something I was missing, since the site doesn't let me even see said forums, much less post an appeal, yet you were telling me I could do that.
My apologies, I misunderstood you. Yes, you cannot see the forums while banned, that is the point. Contact through discord is the easiest and quickest way to know why you were banned and if you can be unbanned or not. The system is kind of designed that way.

Staff
Super Moderator
Anyways, I don't think this thread is the right place to discuss this. You're free to make a thead in the Support forum, DM one of the mods, or come to discord to talk about it there if you'd like faster replies.

Users who are viewing this thread