Should we add a "forum games" forum section?

Dex-chan lover
There are plenty of forum games on the general section which are very active , I mean the Last Letter Game have been going on for 11 months and collected a total of 87 pages at time of writing. It isn't really that unimaginable to one day see the front page of general section be full of games.

On a side note, how should we identify "forum games"? What differentiates Intelligence of Systematic Enrapturement with Keen Analytical Impromptus from Let's write a story that Kronix absolutely hates?

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday

Well, a Forum Games section might promote the existence of forum games, which you'd see as bad; but it might also confine forum games to a ghetto, leaving the other fora free of such games.

I hate.

Seriously though,

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
What differentiates Intelligence of Systematic Enrapturement with Keen Analytical Impromptus from Let's write a story that Kronix absolutely hates?
Let's write a story that Kronix absolutely hates? looks like you're picking on the guy. The other one, I.S.E.K.A.I., is similar to The Person Below, The Person Above You and the super power in that the Kronix one targets Kronix specifically, whereas the other three doesn't.

And based on the majority of the posts on that are currently on this thread, I guess someone should make an I Hate [something something] game.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Oeconomist posted:

Well, a Forum Games section might promote the existence of forum games, which you'd see as bad; but it might also confine forum games to a ghetto, leaving the other fora free of such games.
Based on what I've seen, containment boards never really work as intended. It's like afflicting only one part of your body with cancer and thinking that means the rest of you will be fine.

Anyway, I'm not a forum mod so this has nothing to do with me, but my opinion is that forum games just slowly drag the entire forum down to their level, "contained" or not.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Eh, I don't see the need to make a game subforum. Perhaps if people complained about game threads cluttering up the General section, then maybe we could give the thought some consideration. But to me, that's what the General subforum is *for*.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday

Well, the social dynamics seem nuanced. Without a forum-games forum, such activity might lose steam; and perhaps a forum-games forum would prove generally corrosive even were such games successfully confined to it.

Dex-chan lover
Are we talking about making a new tab for this one?
5lYLKxT.png

While I do like to indulge myself in the shenanigans, I do feel bad the game just went and cover up other threads such as, interview threads, ddos threads etc.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus Yeah fair enough.

@Teasday @oeconomist
Based on what I've seen, containment boards never really work as intended. It's like afflicting only one part of your body with cancer and thinking that means the rest of you will be fine.
This isn't really what I thought when I suggested it. My thought process is exactly like what @ABCsOfLife said:
I do feel bad the game just went and cover up other threads such as, interview threads, ddos threads etc.
One time I saw the Latest Post section being filled with general threads. Felt kinda conflicted there for posting plenty of forum games. Knowing that I potentially have a part in making forum games popular, I partially felt responsible for altering the Latest Posts section to come from a single, unvaried thread which is General. Seeing just General filling the box seemed boring to me and boring seemed wrong since I had lots of fun in the forums of this site as well the mangas. If there was a forum games section there would be another icon than the cat with an "i" on its head so that it won't be monotonous anymore.

I just reread everything and realized that this request is pretty self-centered... I can see why this won't likely be implemented now.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If it wasn't clear, don't take my comments as an official final staff response to this. Like I said, I'm not a forum mod, whether it gets implemented or not has nothing to do with me.

Contributor
As long as is related to japanese media only can be ok (visual novels, jrpg, eroge, galge, danmaku, doujinshi, mods, etc...), otherwise can become a cesswagon like gamefaqs, well you know the topics that fly there and is not good to have this crap or "that" kind of community here too...

Users who are viewing this thread