Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
but MC's only known her for a few days.
This is where you go wrong..
Unless the seasons turn really fast in that world, he's actually been engaging with her for weeks, if not months...

Actually one of the plot points as to how the MC got better at the local language...

And "wholesome" is one of those tricky words in english... What's wholesome for you, may very well not apply to anyone else.
It's definitely not the general indicator you think it is.
The core concept with your experiences with others regarding this situation is "naïve". Which our MC isn't, at least not in that respect. Inexperienced ( certainly regarding the vastly different cultural values of the world he finds himself in..), suicidally depressed, and self-effacing, yes. But not naïve.
He immediately and very specifically recognised the con that Mohawk tried to pull on him. He is very much aware of who "his lady" is, and what she does for a living. And very much aware of the near-impossibility of his enamourment being reciprocated.
It's part of why he is depressed.

Incidentally, when it comes to lying and "abusing" punters into handing over their money/favours by pretending to be Friendly there's a long list of professions that are based on that principle.
Politicians, salesmen, waiting staff, actors, singers, the dating scene ( an industry in and of itself nowadays..).... The list goes on..
Funnily enough it's only prostitution that seems to have the bad rep, even though it's pretty much honest and up-front about what's happening..

But you have your opinion on the situation, I have mine.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
But you have your opinion on the situation, I have mine.
Sheeeesh that seekermoc dude is the primest example of an incel I've ever seen. Although faith in humanity is restored with your and everyone else's good takes.

I'm an avid reader of the WN, so here is some information to correct the weird Tate bro.

• MC has been seeing Yurina for a few months now. He only goes into town every week or two to sell his wares in town, and when he was in town, he visited Yurina. The thing with the potion only happened very recently.
  • Hostess bars are not brothels (but many of you smart people already knew that). They are located in the Red Light District because it is still paying for a girl's time. You pay hostesses for conversation, drinks, and their company.
  • The three women in this chapter are sex workers. They do not work with Yurina but they do work in the Red Light District, which they already state, has a really good information network.
  • When she was a child, Yurina's mother unalived herself because of her husband's abuse, and then Yurina's father began to abuse Yurina and her brother. Her brother rescued Yurina while father was strangling her and they both ran away. They lived on the streets for a little while. Brother died from sickness leaving Yurina alone. Yurina was so filthy and skinny that not even sex traffickers wanted her. She was rescued by "Mama", the owner of the Hostess bar.
  • Mama raised Yurina. Young Yurina worked at the bar by doing dishes and mopping the floor. When she was old enough, she decided to be a Hostess, against Mama's wishes, but she really wanted to pay Mama and the other girls back for their kindness.
  • Mama is super overprotective over Yurina. She would throw out any patron that got too handsy with Yurina. We see Mama in one panel a couple chapters ago, eyeing MC and making sure he won't start anything with her baby. Not that it matters to anyone but the weird readers, but Yurina is a virgin because of it.
  • Yurina has tattoos because they cover up the scars that her father gave her. She actually hates her scars and tattoos, because it reminds her of her father's abuse. When MC discovers this, he heals her scars with a potion, along with her tattoos.
  • Yurina is insanely sweet. MC has difficulty learning Lancostan so she learns some Japanese from him so they both communicate in a hybrid of the two.

Power Uploader
Sheeeesh that seekermoc dude is the primest example of an incel I've ever seen. Although faith in humanity is restored with your and everyone else's good takes.

I'm an avid reader of the WN, so here is some information to correct the weird Tate bro.

• MC has been seeing Yurina for a few months now. He only goes into town every week or two to sell his wares in town, and when he was in town, he visited Yurina. The thing with the potion only happened very recently.
  • Hostess bars are not brothels (but many of you smart people already knew that). They are located in the Red Light District because it is still paying for a girl's time. You pay hostesses for conversation, drinks, and their company.
  • The three women in this chapter are sex workers. They do not work with Yurina but they do work in the Red Light District, which they already state, has a really good information network.
  • When she was a child, Yurina's mother unalived herself because of her husband's abuse, and then Yurina's father began to abuse Yurina and her brother. Her brother rescued Yurina while father was strangling her and they both ran away. They lived on the streets for a little while. Brother died from sickness leaving Yurina alone. Yurina was so filthy and skinny that not even sex traffickers wanted her. She was rescued by "Mama", the owner of the Hostess bar.
  • Mama raised Yurina. Young Yurina worked at the bar by doing dishes and mopping the floor. When she was old enough, she decided to be a Hostess, against Mama's wishes, but she really wanted to pay Mama and the other girls back for their kindness.
  • Mama is super overprotective over Yurina. She would throw out any patron that got too handsy with Yurina. We see Mama in one panel a couple chapters ago, eyeing MC and making sure he won't start anything with her baby. Not that it matters to anyone but the weird readers, but Yurina is a virgin because of it.
  • Yurina has tattoos because they cover up the scars that her father gave her. She actually hates her scars and tattoos, because it reminds her of her father's abuse. When MC discovers this, he heals her scars with a potion, along with her tattoos.
  • Yurina is insanely sweet. MC has difficulty learning Lancostan so she learns some Japanese from him so they both communicate in a hybrid of the two.

So ill put my response in spoiler too just incase

First of thanks for the spoiler I usualy avoid em but i rly wanted to know more about her since she has that "must protect" vibe to her but anyway I also never thought Yurina was a whore or anythin of that mainly just a hostess she seemed way to sweet and seeing how badly ppl talked about her in chapters since she was introduced was kinda ugh so seeing your spoiler about her past makes me rly feel bad for her and wish her the best both she and the MC deserve it, i hope the manga will cover these parts so the manga readers also realize how wrong they were about her

Dex-chan lover
Be careful how I answer, lol. What are you going to do, downvote me?

I'm also not sure what you mean by expectations of women in the US dating scene. I'm pretty sure there's basically nowhere in the world where it's considered an acceptable, wholesome (yes, wholesome, that's how the whole conversation started), romantic relationship when the woman you're dating spends the majority of the day entertaining other men (especially in your argument, where she'd be literally fucking other dudes all day/night long).

There's also the aspect where women in that industry's entire job revolves around making men think she loves them. They're professional liars. Not saying they can't have a genuine loving relationship, but MC's only known her for a few days. No sane man would trust any woman that quickly, especially one in that line of work. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've seen it happen more than once, to guys who are super naive, and it never worked out. Because in every single instance I've seen (or heard of for that matter), the guy was being taken advantage of.

We know she's trustworthy, as this manga just isn't that kind of story. But even then, that kind of mental and emotional dissonance between her job and a relationship would almost certainly cause significant distress on the woman trying to keep her professional and personal lives separate.
This!
Only a naive person and who is never in relationship who are thinking there is wholesome relationship in compensating dating or dating a prostitute

Dex-chan lover
I swear this guy seems to cry & moan every second chapter. Wasn't he going on about building emotional walls around himself or not connecting with people? Seems like he's pretty emotionally open, or "in-touch" with his feelings, to me.

it's supposed to be nearing winter and getting real cold, but yurina is still baring her upper torso like a champ

Dex-chan lover
But like, why bro?
It's bizarrely naíve despite the premise being he's paranoid about relationships. She did go out of her way for him here so her heart is in the right place. That said you can take the hoe out of the whorehouse, but you can't take the whorehouse out of the hoe. Unless we get some sob story about a noble who fell from grace, we're going to assume she ended up a hostess because she likes easy money, manipulating men, and has bad judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread