Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 23.5

Dex-chan lover
I didn’t really like the removal of tattoos either. At least not the way it was done.
Basically Yurina asked him if he’d really accept her despite her scars/damaged body. What he should’ve done is reassure her and accept her as she is, and possibly bringing up healing her later if she wants it.
Instead he just got rid of the problem without saying anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The girl Heinrich was abusing looks very similar to one of the girls at the pub yurina worked at just without any tattoos if she is the same girl I hope big mama ends up breaking Heinrich in half, I really wanna like mohawk and his goofy ass gang but I cant tell if hes a bad guy or not, like him grabbing yurina was already bad but is alot worse with context not to mention the kidnapping attempts

Contributor
This comic got a kind of unexpected depth to it, it's baffling.
I know, right? This is one of the few isekai series I’ve seen where the world doesn’t revolve around the MC. The other characters have their own backstories and motivations.

That said, the bar is incredibly low for me to look at side chapters like these and think the series is on par with Mushoku Tensei

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts: :meguuusad:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Well, I really liked that chap up to the point where Keigo deleted the tattoos. Like, from a narrative point of view, it's fine since the tattoos held no special meaning to her beyond covering her scars, but at the same time it's annoying from a meta point of view since it was most likely done to make her "waifu status" go up for readers, to clean her up.

And here I was, in a previous comment section, going "I appreciate how the author went with a love interest who looks a bit different than the typical waifu with those tattoos she has + kind of wild hairstyle". Oh well.
Yeah, the loss of the tattoos is a huge shame

Double-page supporter
I definitely will miss her tattoos, they were so beautiful, but from the character perspective it is a clean slate for her, anything tying her to the memories of her past is gone now for good, so she can live entirely for her future.

Also what is there to say she won't get new tattoos that are more meaningful for her and her future

Dex-chan lover
From a narrative and a Japanese cultural standpoint, I can understand why the tattoos and scars were removed. I think it was a nice moment for the two of them for their relationship.

However, from a personal standpoint, it's a damn shame she lost those tattoos because they were so unique.

And, from an artistic standpoint, I'm sure the artist was happy that they didn't have to always draw those tattoos every time now, haha.

Contributor
That was so touching. She was so afraid to tell him about the scars and tattoos but when she finally works up the courage he simply erases them instantly. Dude has game.

Users who are viewing this thread