Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 23.5

Dex-chan lover
I mean... from a story standpoint healing her scars is probably an incredibly romantic thing since she even said she feels shame from the tattoos still. But from a reader's standing, it is a real shame. Her character design with the tattoos really made her stand out and looked very unique for a manga character. Now, outside of her hairstyle, she's become generic.
It's also erasing all her hardships and memories that helped her grow into the person Keigo loves. I feel like it would have worked better if she had some noticeable scarring beforehand. The bathtub scene could have been really dramatic if Keigo noticed her many many scars for the first time, and it would have been a much more natural reveal and development for Yurina's character. I would have preferred the tattoos weren't erased completely, but changed into something beautiful. Just make it a tiny magic crest or something on just her hand or cheek or shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread