Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 3.1

Dex-chan lover
I've looked into dynasty scans just now and I'd prefer reading them here since the website there is a bit... lets say badly designed because you have to scroll up and down the entire time and cant see all of it. But wouldnt there be a chance it gets uploaded legit here? The user TGLurker said we'll have to wait a few months or weeks maybe.
I must admit that I’ve dropped manga there because I can’t stand their reader. I think you might use hakuneko to download from there though.

Dex-chan lover
For people that missed the context, this scanlator was called out for "rushing out" the chapter just to beat another group which did a proper translation to this series. Instead of finding a way to improve the translation, they slapped a disgusting warning page in front of every of their releases, and asked people to help fixing the issues (and someone actually stepped up to correct them, yet that still didn't give them a wake-up call that they can't just MTL it).

Then, for some reason, this scanlator decided to delete their chapters. So, that's why I was surprised this came back again.

Old forum threads that they got called out:

BTW, did you know that deleting the chapter doesn't delete the forum post? Pretty nice, I think.

So, yeah. IDK what the deal is again this time. Maybe this chapter will be gone again? Who knows.
so some one acting like an HUGE MANCHILD thrwing INSULTS the target person was supposed to just improve out of fucking nowhere?? fucking hell scanlators have the biggest effing ego

Dex-chan lover
Man, real translators really need to unite and put pressure on mangadex to ban mtl and bad faith translations, so many series ruined by incompetent morons and their worthless defenders :aquadrink:
what a garbage idea, stop being so happy go lucky to abuse power cuz your butt hurt something exist, and the idea that we should be at the merchy of that ass hole that was vomiting how SUPERIOR they were while throwing garbage insult? how about you go and suck their D and plead them to come back? maybe that will inflate their ego some more

Dex-chan lover
lmao, the fact that's all you can say proves my point in the long run
like all defenders of trash you're boring and predictable
whataboutism, deflection, denial
and when you can't win? personal attacks!
I admit, I did put some personal attacks in the heat of the moment and I shouldn't
and for that I feel regret
but that doesn't change facts, you keep making excuses and avoiding the real subject
that vast majority of mtl are worthless low level effort and made in bad faith
and you don't have real argument against that
opinion discarded once more
Like I’ve written several times, you’ve most likely read a lot of MTL translated manga and never noticed. You can’t tell if it’s MTL if it’s done properly. And most groups will not tell you that they use MTL, logically enough.

Dex-chan lover
Bakwan doesn't have a great grasp of either Japanese or English, and has been using machine translation to translate chapters, typically with poor results/glaring issues. He is located in Indonesia or something, which means that the raws release at an optimal time (where he's awake and active) for him to quickly use MTL and be the first to upload a given chapter here.

Kirin-kun (Rehashed Scans) is manually translating chapters and prides himself on their quality. After getting sniped repeatedly by Bakwan's MTL chapters, Kirin is now only uploading to Dynasty. I suppose it's also worth notijg that Kirin (and others) have expressed dissatisfaction with the MD community for being "okay" with MTL-slop, but there will always be a silent class of mindless consumers, and the majority of those who care one way or another don't like poorly done MTL.

Bakwan has seemingly deleted his prior chapters in either a half-hearted attempt at apologizing to Kirin/the community who overall were unhappy with his translations (and his comments like "If my translation is bad its your job to correct me"), or out of pride, to decrease access to/awareness of the threads where all of this drama took place. However, he is still uploading new MTL chapters.

If Bakwan genuinely cared about the work(s) he's translating and the MD community/userbase, rather than just the prestige of uploading (he is uploading first but I'm not sure that is explicitly important to the psychology of his actions), he wouldn't be spitting out new MTL chapters, and would apologize to Kirin in an attempt to get him to bring his chapters back to MD (out of respect for the community who benefits from quality TLs and for the work/author itself, which benefits from people experiencing a quality version of the work), or at least try to work out a mutually beneficial arrangement (which doesn't seem likely imo).

tl;dr: Bakwan sniped chapters with machine translated slop, Rehashed Scans got mad and moved their stuff to Dynasty. Bakwan out of pride/shame deleted their controversial chapters (the only remaining ones on MD), but is still uploading new MTL-slop instead of just apologizing to Kirin out of respect for the community and the work itself.
how much are you sucking Kirin D? how easy you glossed over their garbage behavior !!! there will forever be less that stellar translation cuz the amount of untranslated storys are SKY HIGH, so bitch and whine cuz they exist,

my hope is that Kirin-kun, in all their boundless benevolence, will upload here once more, as much as I like using Dynasty to read yuri, their site can be so janky at times :meguuusad:
Hmm Kirin-kun doesnt seem like it when I look at their comments here... Maybe another group can pick it up here? If thats possible... I dont know that much about mangadex atm.

Dex-chan lover
Entitled? Ungrateful? :dogkek:
If I go to a friend house to eat, I expect them to cook the food instead of taking from the trash for me to eat.
The real mistery is people having pathetically low standards.
You don't mind trash? Go eat it happily, not everyone will wallow in the filthy like you.
Opinion discarded for lacking basic human dignity.
your a god damn manchild with an inflated ego and your supposed smart reply makes no ficking sens, and ofc your behaivour is as farbage as the SUPERIOUR human Kirin-sama that can piss on people with insults JUST cuz he translated illigal some manga, with an ego as huge as your no wander that manchild can just insult people

Dex-chan lover
It's just a theory is all, and it's not an assumption about who the defenders are, but how they came to be. Like I said in Post #13 of this thread where I explained the theory, it's mostly the whiteknights to blame either way. Internet users in general have been gaslit into lowering their standards because they think simply knowing more than one language is an excuse to write nonsense sentences. I've been attacked before for simply asking for clarification. My theory is that this type of behavior could create a whole community of both native and non-native English speakers people who think they should be grateful to read nonsense.
this is the dumbest shite i ever hear in my life! how are you living your god damn life with this insufferable superiority complex?

also you are pirating and stealing without pay so STFU with this garbage idea of “superior standards” when no one has any right to ask of that unless you pay money but even then! paying for illegal translation is stupid as fuck,

Dex-chan lover
Like I’ve written several times, you’ve most likely read a lot of MTL translated manga and never noticed. You can’t tell if it’s MTL if it’s done properly. And most groups will not tell you that they use MTL, logically enough.
IF it's done properly, context is important.
It's not really hard to spot the bad ones.
I admit banning every single one is perhaphs too much, I give you that.
Cause the real issue was always the sniping, bad faith translators, and general pathetic low effort independent if it's mtl or not, mtl just made that more common.
You're the one who brang a dumb metaphor talking about some standards in what is effectively a form of piracy lmao
Reality check, even real thiefs and pirates have standards.
Why? because dumb low level thugs get caught by the police and fuck up the entire operation.
Who knew even criminals have standards right?
So using piracy as excuse is stupid.
As for you

Dex-chan lover
Hmm Kirin-kun doesnt seem like it when I look at their comments here... Maybe another group can pick it up here? If thats possible... I dont know that much about mangadex atm.
I just checked and hakuneko seems to work with dynastyscans. Though it’s a bit laggy.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
IF it's done properly, context is important.
It's not really hard to spot the bad ones.
I admit banning every single one is perhaphs too much, I give you that.
Cause the real issue was always the sniping, bad faith translators, and general pathetic low effort independent if it's mtl or not, mtl just made that more common.

Reality check, even real thiefs and pirates have standards.
Why? because dumb low level thugs get caught by the police and fuck up the entire operation.
Who knew even criminals have standards right?
So using piracy as excuse is stupid.

As for you
I’ve picked up series that wouldn’t have been picked up otherwise, at least most of them, and I’ve used MTL without complaints. But as long as you don’t take silly shortcuts like omitting handwritten text, and you doublecheck or like me use very basic Japanese skills to figure it out, no one is going to notice. People greatly overexaggerate how many mistakes there are in MTL scanlations, context mistakes are usually fixed with a little proofreading and editing, and you probably read a lot more MTL scanlations that you’re aware of, because translators are getting hard to come by. It wouldn’t surprise me if most of the one-man-teams out there are MTL scanlators.

Double-page supporter
so some one acting like an HUGE MANCHILD thrwing INSULTS the target person was supposed to just improve out of fucking nowhere?? fucking hell scanlators have the biggest effing ego
I very deliberately did not include a single insult in my proofreading post. I went to some effort to make sure I didn't, and include justifications for my reasoning along with examples and explanations for ESL speakers, because English is ultimately a trash fire of a language that really is very hard to learn. I don't have anything against MTL as a basis for a translation provided that effort is put in to clean it up because otherwise everyone loses out in the race to the bottom.

Speaking of! Insomnia sucks ass!

PART 2

Oh, hi, you're back! Funny thing, I spent an hour and a half writing out a full list of feedback on your prior chapter after you specifically asked for that feedback, and then the chapters all went down! That's a legit shame, but it's okay, because you were specifically asking for corrections and that definitely means that you read the forums post and took on my thoughts. So let's do it again!

These are my opinions I'm not a translator etc etc, it's late I'm tired. I don't have the raws or the JP skill to comment on the text as a whole so this is more a English-centric technical post.

SPECIFIC PASS

P1.1 - Putting the 'it's ok' on the top image remains a hilariously bold choice. Manga revisionism.
P2.1 - '... too late' -> '... she's late'. This flows better in English and works better for the start of a chapter because it gives the readers immediate context.
P3.2 - 'how pitiful' -> oh boy, even without the raws I bet this is 'kawaisou'. Given the situation that she's pretending to pamper Wakaba I feel like 'how pitiful' is too literal a translation here. Calling someone pitiful when you're pampering them - particularly if this actually was 'kawaisou' - is usually used as a condescending way to call them cute. I'd soften this to 'Aww, poor you' or something, especially given the following text box where she's supposed to be being gentle.
P7.4 - 'since the incident [...] I started calling' -> this is kind of a slight tense mismatch. It would be better to use either 'ever since the incident' or 'after the incident' because those match up better to 'I started doing X'. I don't blame any ESL speaker for missing that, trash fire language and all that.
P10.3 - I'd need the raws to be sure of what's up here but at least in English the repetition of her name several times feels a bit off. Maybe it'd work if she's trying to baby it up a bit? But that's not the impression I get from the rest of the text.
P10.5 - 'which do you think' -> 'what do you think'. English doesn't use 'which' as casually as Japanese does, I feel, and the sentence she's replying to is not an either-or. It just scans a little better.
P11.6 - REVENGE OF PITIFUL -> I'm taking this as further evidence that 'how pitiful' is too literal a translation. I'm assuming that in the raws this is essentially a callback to page 3 and uses the same wording - except that here Wakaba (I think she's the one speaking?) seems to be trying to show genuine concern for the toy...
P12.2 - PITIFUL 3: REPITIFUL -> ... and if Wakaba actually was trying to call it pitiful for real, it wouldn't make much sense for Umezono to disagree with that comment while also mishandling it? Basically, I think 'pitiful' was a bit of a mistranslation here. You could probably get away with it in P3 because that's the right subtext, but the impact of P11/P12 depend on the repetition of the word you choose and 'pitiful' doesn't really fit those pages.

(All that said, I don't see the greatest of ways out here without using some creative license. P11/P12 give me the impression that the word you'd want to use is 'fragile', but that wouldn't fit P3. Most words that would fit P3 don't really fit... a stuffed toy. 'delicate' would maybe work? But you'd probably just have to bite the bullet and break the repetition for the sake of readability.)

P13.2/3 - I'm assuming that these two narration bubbles are supposed to be connected. The implication is that the kisses are what makes Wakaba remember the past - as such, I think they'd scan better if they were more closely linked than 'is it because'. Something like 'maybe it's because she always kisses me when we meet, thinking it's the most hurtful thing to my dignity... / ... that I remember talking about kisses with her'. This also avoids the problem where one box uses 'you' and the other box uses 'Komaki', which feels a bit off.
P14.2 - 'let me show you the second pattern' -> Is that a JP idiom? It doesn't really make much sense in English. I'd just go for 'then let's do something differerent' or something like that.

GENERAL STUFF

Pretty much every issue I brought up last time is still present to some degree.

TITLE PAGE

Same questions as before. If you're in so much of a hurry that you can't spare an hour and a half to get someone to look over it on Discord then it really comes back to the question: why are you doing this? What are you getting out of it? Do you like the series? I can't actually tell.

WHITESPACE

There's a huge amount of whitespace in speech bubbles and narration. This is presumably happening because you want to just use the same font size throughout but it's miserably tiny even on my laptop screen, and on my phone it's incredibly hard to read. Sure, some bubbles you can't really help it (like the 'Wakaba' on P2 - not a lot you can really do there) but then you hit stuff like the narration in P4.2 and it looks very wonky without some attempt to typeset or redraw.

PUNCTUATION

More consistent than last time, but you're still kind of switching back and forth between including or not including a full stop on normal speech bubbles. In the end I guess that's something of a stylistic choice? It's probably okay to not include them, even if it kind of feels wrong to me when there's a lot of other punctuation floating around, but it should probably be consistent. P7.2 / P11.6 stand out for including them.

Also watch out for line breaks - P5.2 has an ellipsis on its own that's not ideal and looks quite strange.

Dex-chan lover
I’ve picked up series that wouldn’t have been picked up otherwise, at least most of them, and I’ve used MTL without complaints. But as long as you don’t take silly shortcuts like omitting handwritten text, and you doublecheck or like me use very basic Japanese skills to figure it out, no one is going to notice. People greatly overexaggerate how many mistakes there are in MTL scanlations, context mistakes are usually fixed with a little proofreading and editing, and you probably read a lot more MTL scanlations that you’re aware of, because translators are getting hard to come by. It wouldn’t surprise me if most of the one-man-teams out there are MTL scanlators.
Then if you do all that, if you really put effort into doing a good job, don't defend the garbage, the translator here is not like that, it's made more than clear from the begining, everyone gets lumped together in part because people defend those who doesn't deserve, we need a bare minimum standard.
Want to defend mtl? fine, but defend the ones that actually deserve it.
Cause really, 99% of dramas like this start exactly due to the worthless ones.
Which what a shock, are a lot of time also snipers too.
If you don't do that mtl will never lose reputation of being garbage.

Dex-chan lover
Then if you do all that, if you really put effort into doing a good job, don't defend the garbage, the translator here is not like that, it's made more than clear from the begining, everyone gets lumped together in part because people defend those who doesn't deserve, we need a bare minimum standard.
Want to defend mtl? fine, but defend the ones that actually deserve it.
Cause really, 99% of dramas like this start exactly due to the worthless ones.
Which what a shock, are a lot of time also snipers too.
If you don't do that mtl will never lose reputation of being garbage.
I haven’t really defended him, and I have indirectly criticized him for not doing proper editing, and directly criticized him for sniping when he could’ve picked up something else that would’ve been just as popular. But the issue here isn’t using MTL for scanlation, but using MTL wrong. He could’ve put together a good release if he put in a little more effort, and he would’ve had grateful readers if he picked up something that wasn’t already being scanlated, but now he has neither.

Dex-chan lover
I'm all for quality-assurance on the mangas posted here, but I don't think calling people names is actually gonna solve anything.

Dex-chan lover
I haven’t really defended him, and I have indirectly criticized him for not doing proper editing, and directly criticized him for sniping when he could’ve picked up something else that would’ve been just as popular. But the issue here isn’t using MTL for scanlation, but using MTL wrong. He could’ve put together a good release if he put in a little more effort, and he would’ve had grateful readers if he picked up something that wasn’t already being scanlated, but now he has neither.
basic logic, going by your own words
people don't know when it's good mtl because most translator doesn't mention that
so most mtl people see is garbage
so when you defend mtl in any way it makes look like you're defending garbage
for the most part you'll never win those discussions because they almost always happen due to garbage
which rages half the readers, especially if it's a sniper
and the fact that independent of you, some people will religiously defend these garbage
so you inevitavly get lumped together with them
you gotta choose your battles lol

also, to be fair even if it was decent mtl, simple fact that it is sniper already poisoned the well
the discussion would only go one way

I honestly don't know if this tranlator really cares, might be just doing for the trolling
our only hope is Kirin-kun benevolence to reupload their version lol :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
basic logic, going by your own words
people don't know when it's good mtl because most translator doesn't mention that
so most mtl people see is garbage
so when you defend mtl in any way it makes look like you're defending garbage
for the most part you'll never win those discussions because they almost always happen due to trash
which rages half the readers, especially if it's a sniper
and the fact that independent of you, some people will religiously defend these garbage
so you inevitavly get lumped together with them
you gotta choose your battles lol

also, to be fair even if it was decent mtl, simple fact that it is sniper already poisoned the well
the discussion would only go one way

I honestly don't know if this tranlator really cares, might be just doing for the trolling
our only hope is Kirin-kun benevolence to reupload their version lol :meguuusad:
If you go to aggregators like comick they’re more than happy with it. There are several groups that have been uploading to mangadex, waited until the releases have been brought over to the aggregators, then removed their released from mangadex lately. There was a one-shot recently that was on the front page (buta one) that did that. My guess is that that’s the goal, the releases are still over there even though they’ve been deleted here.
I don’t know what mangadex think about this practice though, they’re more or less being abused.

Users who are viewing this thread