Shuu ni Ichido Classmate wo Kau Hanashi - Ch. 3.2

Dex-chan lover
I really like how things have progressed
it's actually moved quite a lot when you compare it with the vn!!! I like how natural it is and how quick we've already gotten to sendai testing the boundaries to see miyagi's reactions lol

Dex-chan lover
so is the author just milking this story?? how good it is to have the situation milked for 340+ chapter? people keep praising this but i won’t read some dumb stretched story without some type of relationship progress
The pacing is one of the strengths of the webnovel. It is a real page turner. Even when there is not a huge amount of romantic progress being made, there are still a lot of erotic rewards and I found myself always wanting to read the next chapter right away. This is not some Takagi-san type RomCom manga or Adachi to Shimamura webnovel where you don't notice the progress for hundred chapters or pages, without so much as a kiss to satisfy you over that time. There is real progress that occurs, despite it being a slow-burn romance.

Fed-Kun's army
so is the author just milking this story?? how good it is to have the situation milked for 340+ chapter? people keep praising this but i won’t read some dumb stretched story without some type of relationship progress
Going to reveal a bit of spoilers here if you don't mind, nothing specific though. The thing is after around chapter 140 and moving forward it gets to a point where for all intents and purposes they are a couple but just haven't put a name to it yet because they're both scared too. It gets to a point where they are incredibly affectionate with each other, pretty much kissing multiple times a day holding hands that type of thing. And then it moves on to much spicier things later. What holds you in the story after that is waiting for them to confess their feelings to each other and admit that they have been a couple for a long time now. So there is definitely huge progress. Honestly a lot more than most other Yuri stories. But even leading up to chapter 140 it's constantly slowly progressing towards them becoming that way. The thing about this story, and anybody who likes it will agree, is that it's an incredibly slow burn. But by no means is there no progress. It's definitely worth the read because you get to slowly watch the relationship build from this weird original Dynamic of paying for her time to them eventually living with each other and being comfortable with affection and intimacy without actually putting a name to it.

Fed-Kun's army
The pacing is one of the strengths of the webnovel. It is a real page turner. Even when there is not a huge amount of romantic progress being made, there are still a lot of erotic rewards and I found myself always wanting to read the next chapter right away. This is not some Takagi-san type RomCom manga or Adachi to Shimamura webnovel where you don't notice the progress for hundred chapters or pages, without so much as a kiss to satisfy you over that time. There is real progress that occurs, despite it being a slow-burn romance.
Well said period It's not each chapter ends on a cliffhanger or anything but the way the story progresses just constantly makes you want to know what happens next. I think that's what keeps most readers who like it coming back for more.

Supporter
Absolutely love that dynamic, knowing she could just leave but choosing not to and continuing the weird pseudo sexual relationship she has going despite not even being into girls as far as she's aware.
Stick around, that's one of the best things about this story - on the face of it there's a lot of apparently questionable stuff that could be considered abusive and toxic, but underneath all of it is the fact that they both chose this, and they can both walk away any time. The reasons they don't walk away, and how they're presented and developed, are really what makes this story work so well.

Not to say nothing in this would fit into the "toxic relationship" category, mind - there's a lot going on, and a decent chunk of it isn't particularly healthy. But again, the reasons for the difficult bits are what's important, and at the risk of repeating myself they're absolutely worth sticking with this pair of weirdos to discover.

Supporter
It depends on your patience with the characters, I think. Things can get pretty painful at times, particularly when just a word or two of open communication would resolve the issues and move things along - it requires some real patience to stick with things through those periods. But at the same time I don't think there were any points I'd consider "milking the story" - there were reasons, those reasons were consistent with both of their characterisations and the rest of the story, and they were only dumb in the "real people are often really dumb" kind of way. And even when things were slow there was still real progress.

If you find yourself getting too impatient with the development of the story it may just not work for you - it's a fairly polarising story, to be honest, and although it gets a lot of love there are plenty of people who just can't stand it. Obviously they're all wrong, because my views on this story are entirely correct and perfect . . . . but out here in the real world that's okay, the author clearly wasn't trying to write something so anodyne that no one could possibly dislike it.

Supporter
Oh then let me rephrase that and not add this manga to my toxic yuri list yet. They are still in their symbiotic- "weird relationship"

and I thought Toxicity means being "harmful". On that part ... the black hair girl is being bad influence to the innocence of the brunette girl...
Toxic relationships are harmful, yes (though as always "it's more complicated than that"), but there are degrees and many shades of grey . . .

So far, all that's happened is that they've established a relationship - a rather weird relationship, for sure, but as things are now I think it's a stretch to say it's toxic. The worst I'd say is that they're clearly not in a particularly harmonious relationship, but they're not harming each other or themselves even a little bit - this is all consensual, they can both walk away any time with no repercussions. So, at this point, I don't think you could really say their relationship is toxic.

These first few chapters give you a very skewed idea of what to expect later on, and it's easy to look at them and think that all of this will develop into toxic and abusive shit that may be lots of fun to watch but really isn't very nice. I don't think it's a meaningful spoiler to say that this is not that kind of story.

More details about the why is definitely getting into the spoiler category, and given we've got an excellent translation of the WN fairly deep into the story, and an MTL version of the whole thing there's not much point spoiling the story for anyone - just go read it . . .
But I'm glad we agreed on the "weird" term tho 😩
Someone who actually read this story in any of its' manifestations (the WN, the LN, or this manga adaptation) and didn't think they're weird as fuck would seriously worry me.

Dex-chan lover
Stick around, that's one of the best things about this story - on the face of it there's a lot of apparently questionable stuff that could be considered abusive and toxic, but underneath all of it is the fact that they both chose this, and they can both walk away any time. The reasons they don't walk away, and how they're presented and developed, are really what makes this story work so well.

Not to say nothing in this would fit into the "toxic relationship" category, mind - there's a lot going on, and a decent chunk of it isn't particularly healthy. But again, the reasons for the difficult bits are what's important, and at the risk of repeating myself they're absolutely worth sticking with this pair of weirdos to discover.
Yeeeeee, tis good stuff. Also it's just nice in general to see more weird relationships in yuri manga, gimme the messiness of real relationships and the weird zone between friends and not friends that so many queer people find ourselves in

Supporter
Someone who actually read this story in any of its' manifestations (the WN, the LN, or this manga adaptation) and didn't think they're weird as fuck would seriously worry me.
They are most definitely a couple of weirdos, especially Miyagi.
Thank God she found Sendai because ain't nobody else putting up with her shit.

On a related note, what's up with comments no longer posting to Story Seedling's chapters? And when is that gonna be fixed? :wooow:

Supporter
On a related note, what's up with comments no longer posting to Story Seedling's chapters? And when is that gonna be fixed? :wooow:
I've been wondering, it does seem to work intermittently on at least one other story hosted there, but not this one?

Supporter
I've been wondering, it does seem to work intermittently on at least one other story hosted there, but not this one?
Story Seedling just can't be consistent, huh?

Well I started a thread over at Dynasty for WN discussion since the chapter comments aren't working on Story Seedling: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/top...-a-story-about-buying-a-classmate-once-a-week

Another possibility is if Story Seedling has a discord you could use it to poke them about the comment situation. I'm not familiar with that discord stuff so that's not a viable option for me.

Supporter
Story Seedling just can't be consistent, huh?

Well I started a thread over at Dynasty for WN discussion since the chapter comments aren't working on Story Seedling: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/top...-a-story-about-buying-a-classmate-once-a-week
Nice, though now I've discovered another rabbit hole of stuff to get distracted by . . . I've been consciously trying to restrict the number of different sites I frequent so I don't end up even more swamped by the flood of content . . .

Of course, I apparently can't comment for two days after signing up, so . . .
Another possibility is if Story Seedling has a discord you could use it to poke them about the comment situation. I'm not familiar with that discord stuff so that's not a viable option for me.
Yeeeaaah . . . . Discord isn't a comfortable platform for me, I have an account and I use it occasionally but joining in the discussions on the Story Seedling server is way beyond the limits of my discord-fu . . .

Maybe the Dynasty thread will work out for those kinds of discussions (once I can finally post).

Dex-chan lover
The biggest thing that would help with the vn's pacing would probably be the translations itself. If they were all Amawashi level of tl, I think I could work with it. As it stands, it's painful because sometimes I'm doing mental gymnastics to figure out what's happening in the scene, or who touched who at times lol

Dex-chan lover
The biggest thing that would help with the vn's pacing would probably be the translations itself. If they were all Amawashi level of tl, I think I could work with it. As it stands, it's painful because sometimes I'm doing mental gymnastics to figure out what's happening in the scene, or who touched who at times lol
You can translate the original japanese with ChatGPT. It will get all the pronouns correct, reference the correct person 99% of the time, and just overall will be a lot better than a strictly literal MTL translation. It's a big step up from the other non-Amawashi translation and I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise if you haven't tried it already.

Supporter
Nice, though now I've discovered another rabbit hole of stuff to get distracted by . . . I've been consciously trying to restrict the number of different sites I frequent so I don't end up even more swamped by the flood of content . . .

Maybe the Dynasty thread will work out for those kinds of discussions (once I can finally post).
IMO Dynasty is a must for anybody that loves yuri. It's an OG yuri site that has been around for a long time. I'd been lurking for awhile but only recently created a profile to post there.
I like to refer to it as "interpreting" the MTL instead of just "reading" it. :meguusmug:
You can translate the original japanese with ChatGPT. It will get all the pronouns correct, reference the correct person 99% of the time, and just overall will be a lot better than a strictly literal MTL translation. It's a big step up from the other non-Amawashi translation and I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise if you haven't tried it already.
Thanks for the tip!
Is there anything I should do for ChatGPT other than copying and pasting into it with a prompt of "translate the following from Japanese to English"?
I played around with it once soon after it started getting popular but have never used it for anything like this.

Dex-chan lover
Is there anything I should do for ChatGPT other than copying and pasting into it with a prompt of "translate the following from Japanese to English"?
Just type translate to english: and then paste the japanese. For the current chapter 346, I had to do it twice as it only did about 70% and then stopped. There must be a character limit.

Users who are viewing this thread