Silver Plan to Redo From JK - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Miracles Will Happen

Dex-chan lover
Rarely do the second generation rich help the fortunes earned by the first generation.

Dex-chan lover
I can appreciate the author's attempt at a moral lesson but he really should've made the dad less of a 100% worthless piece of shit drain on his child if that was supposed to be the lesson. Maybe Sayuri is right that Kashimura would feel too guilty if her dad really committed suicide after that outburst, but I can say with 100% confidence that I wouldn't. Dude deserves to die in one of the more painful ways for sure.

Double-page supporter
My main issue is that bullshit about rich people. Becoming rich is largely about exploiting opportunities(ie. luck) and people. Does hard work help? Of course, but hard work alone will not change one's position. There is no "virtue", as another commenter put it, to being rich. What garbage ideology.

You know what no one has really talked about? It was actually pretty nice of the loan shark to cut her a break. For all the crap that he could've easily put them through, he was like, yeah, I understand that you, high school girl, had no part in this and that you're honestly trying. He even said that he would cover with their boss. Honestly pretty cool of him.

@SoloSera Completely agree.

@derpdederp that's the whole point the author has been trying to make, no matter how much wealth you have, you gotta have the knowledge to keep it, and the MC is currently stoopid with only bottom chain working experience.

@SoloSera
https://science.jrank.org/pages/11608/Wealth-Wealth-Virtue.html

There is a positive and negative side. A virtuous person knows these points.

Everyone knows that money generates money but it depends on your knowledge and luck.

It was at this chapter that I realize that yes she just wants to improve herself so she can become a proper adult. But with all that saving maybe invest in apple or something. Forrest Gump thinks he made bank back then? Oh boy.

Contributor
Wondering how the author is going to give the really, really, really, really, really disliked dad a redemption moment. (I seriously doubt we'll get a whole arc for him.)
That is, of course, assuming we don't get hit with another of the author's infamous DROPS™.

Dex-chan lover
That loan shark had more empathy for the girl than her dad. Thats fucked up

Dex-chan lover
There will come a day when Shiraishi's self projection will bite her in the ass. I get that the stakes are high, but different people have different situations. Case in point, that shitbag gambling father.

Though im confident she'll get over that hump. Otherwise, whats the point of this manga?

Aggregator gang
From what i understand, Japan has a culture that puts more emphasis on family and actually forgiving them than others, it's why some shows have absolutely awful parents yet when their kid doesn't want anything to do with them, the kids are portrayed as being wrong.

It's getting better, but i can see older series and this problem being quite apparent, you are just expected to forgive really negligent or abusive parents at the drop of a hat, heck, a while back, i decided to look at Goranger, the very first Sentai show, just because i was curious at the first series behind two massive franchises, and there is an episode about uniting a father that left his wife and daughter behind for decades so he could go to another country, and now he's coming back and is astounded that she doesn't want anything to do with him, and everyone acts like she is a bad daughter.

That was a kid's show from 1975, the lesson clearly being that you are supposed to forgive your father even if he dissapears for decades, leaves your mother to fend for herself, and doesn't come back or pick his daughter even after his wife dies, because then you are a lousy kid, it's a messed up value, but the idea of forgiving family seems to be much stronger in Japan, i think the author really expects readers to sympathize with the MC and think that is right in telling another girl to apologize to her dad.

Dex-chan lover
Here's the solution: the dad dies and the mom recovers, they live happy.

Glad to see people were questioning the forgiveness towards the father like I was

Dex-chan lover
Damn. People in this comments thread really love to judge and punish others instead of forgiving and providing another chance. You've thought the father left the girl and her mom for dead and neglected his responsibility by reading the comments. He got tricked, his wife fell ill, and his shop is failing. You dont think he deserve to feel depressed and turns towards alcohol and gambling? And how is alienating him the best for everyone?

Dex-chan lover
Heh. No hamburgers for you today kiddo, mommy's gotta jump on this health fad bandwagon XD

Users who are viewing this thread