Silver Plan to Redo From JK

Aggregator gang
@feel2death That's my point, he wrote the story. He was going to kill everyone (also have a netorare ending, so no good ending for the hero) and end it with a dark ending. He didn't have to. But he didn't want to change it and the artist wanted no part in it. So they just abandoned it. I'm sure he can write good stuff. But I didn't even include his works that got axed with a rushed ending.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, Dal-Young. Of course people are apprehensive.

So far I really like it, someone trying to do their best to make things right but not being believed because of their history and standing is fun. The hyper competitive palace intrigue-esque way everyone reacts to her just straight good deeds and habits from being homeless is also a whole bunch of fun, especially cause of the way the art changes to make it one of those mangas with all the dramatic shading. However, I fully expect her to die come the end of high school and the story to instead follow someone else.

@ArisenDresden
Well, here's the deal with Im Dal-Young, at least based on his writing history up to this point, he is the very definition of a hack. Not to say that the guy is untalented, that would be wrong, he can come up with very good premises and interesting and sympathetic characters that get you rapidly engaged and invested into his works, not to mention that he's normally paired up with very good artists capable of creating eye-catching designs to match his writing, but that's where the good part ends. After he lays all this amazing groundwork and you are already invested as a reader and, if you're very unlucky, become a fan of the guy, he starts running things into the ground. Male characters that initially were shown as sympathetic, a bit flawed but generally well-intentioned and realistic to a point, start behaving like cowards and downright assholes. Female characters that were initially depicted as strong, brave, but also caring and empathetic, turn into weak-willed victims that behave in the most unintelligent way possible, which contradicts everything that had been shown about them to that point, and he's a repeat offender of these things I've just mentioned. Anyone unlucky enough to have read more than one of his clusterfucks can imagine characters with a name and face when going through the stuff I wrote above. The only works of his that do not fall into this sort of buffoonery are the ones that end early, probably because they ended before he had the chance to give them the Young-special reverse touch of Midas.
I know I may sound salty and that's probably because I am, very much so, to be honest. I used to like many of his works way back when. I loved Onihime VS, Kurokami until he fucking destroyed it, same with Freezing. I even liked this one foray of his into harem romcom, Unbalance x Unbalance, but that was probably the tipping point for me. Not to mention that he's always working in like 5 stories are at the same time instead of focusing on one, and believe me, it shows. So, if you ever wonder why people are apprehensive whenever he gets something new published, now you know they have good reason to, and redeeming yourself to your fanbase is a lot harder than disappointing them, specially after unapologetically doing this kind of crap for so long. Oh, I almost forgot to put the cherry on top of the cake: he has a HUGE netorare fetish and he sure as hell cannot stop himself from flaunting it whenever he has a chance through his characters, worst part is, he tries to pass it off as "mature and dramatic writing" which is bollocks, and everyone knows it. So... yeah, try to be at least carefully optimistic with this one.
TL;DR: Im Dal-Young is like a Korean Seo Kouji with a penchant for fantasy. Tread carefully. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Dex-chan lover
wake me up if this series still alive at least for another 6 or 9 months.

Aggregator gang
pleas.... pleas author not trapped on hiatus hell again...

pleas let lord bless his with shower of idea and inspiration for just this tittle

and Fuck freezing oh also pleas clean his heart from NTR bullshit.

Double-page supporter
@feel2death I did not know it was based on a novel. That's pretty f*cked up when you think about it.

@NLight Why does the Author always ruin his works? I read the spoilers and sh*t is just horrendous for the legend of mayan. I never seen such garbage in my life despite it being good for some reason the Author just trashes it... It's crazy how his other works have the same symptoms. NTR,ect.

Aggregator gang
@UnknownSaint111 I wish I knew the answer, but my guess is that he doesn't know how to end a story, or that he wants the ending to be different from the norm. Either way he seems to dismantle his own characters by going against their established personalities. Then he tries to reverse the roles for the male lead and the female lead. So, at the end he doesn't know what to do with his leads any longer, since their goals are no longer relevant to their current personalities. He just fails giving them a good motivation for changing personalities, they keep the old goal but new personality. This is when he either drops it or continues on until he just ends it while failing to make his characters fit his new narrative.

This is just how I see most of his works devolve.

This is so good, can’t wait for more chapters. 😊😊. It’s so hard to find a pure MC that’s willing to redeem for their mistakes, most of the time it’s revenge, I hope she can be happy and friends with everyone to reverse her fate.

I see an update from this manga and I clicked immediately. This is probably the best redemption manga I've ever see since she struggles so hard to change her habits and to become better! I love the characters. They are just so full of personality. Thank you Tanzanite scans for the release of a new chapter 😭😭😭

Update: Oh boi okay just saw that this is written by the infamous IDY. Hope this new manga actually gets an ending and not get shitted halfway with ntr.

Dex-chan lover
Apart of the inevitable conversion of this decent start into a debacle of debauchery and dissapoint, can't this man stop putting so much shades in faces and eyes even in shots that are supposed to be more comedic?

Holy fuck I didn't realise I'm reading something from the worst mangaka ever until I read the comments. And it's actually a good story for once?!

@NLight he wrote Tsukiyoda Sadame no Sekai no Sukuikata ??? I only see a "Shihagaku" credited as the author and I haven't found any relationship between that name and Lim Dall Young by googling it. I have to say, that short manga really had potential though.

Aggregator gang
@Atzerkins Apparently his pen name is Shigahaku, which is credited as the author. Probably to try an distance himself from his own name.

Double-page supporter
so, IDY wrote under a different pen name ? redemption path ? well, is starting well with a good story. Let's pray that he'll not come back to some weird shenanigans

Contributor
Well, most of you probably know, but this is a monthly manga, that's why the chapters are HUGE.

Double-page supporter
oh damn, I had no idea this dude had a bad reputation. Also, is he Korean or Japanese?

Double-page supporter
@CoolOtamegane

Yeah, I was confused because the work is tagged as Japanese. Looking at it, he definitely doesn't want to finish anything he writes. Guess I shouldn't get too invested in this.

Man he is famous for not finishing hes work. In korea they call him the hole digging king. He would create a topic that is interesting but never have an end.

Users who are viewing this thread