Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

the age gap isn't that big!!! just remember his growth is affected and is malnourished!! the first time I read this I remembered the adopted son of my aunt. he looked so small and really thin. He was 16/17 at that time but he looked a haggard 10 yr old! seen him after a year he now look like a freaking street light. had been pissed since then. damn tall people!

@DramaJustCalled yeah I totally agree
If you need an accurate description of her feelings right now, it would be one of those feelings you get when you read a manhwa with really sweet and innocent character that gives you all that fluff and you think PROTECC
Yeah that's about how she feels right now

She's such a good person, and healing his curse without even realising because all he needed was some love and care. His parents suck yo.

@qazpalm: I get what you mean! Sometimes I have to remind myself that Alejandro isn't really "a baby boi," either though I still call him that. The thing is, the narrative itself isn't suggesting that the romance between him and Ibelina will start when he's 13. Yes, the romance has started with his crush, but the actual romancing has not. Right now the narrative is explaining why Alejandro has a crush on Ibelina, which will play an important role later on in the story. His crush is supposed to be cute and endear us to him. Make us laugh, even, because poor Ibelina has no idea what she's doing to this cute "baby boi." The meat of their actual and mutual romance will begin after a time-skip. That's when we start the romancing.

I doubt with her current mindset Ibelina will want to be with him romantically, anyways—even she sees him as kid. 😂 RIP, older Alejandro. He has his work cut out for him in escaping the baby brother-zone and convincing Ibelina no, he will NOT fall in love with Elenora.

Ah they only have 4years gap, and it is kinda cute for Ibelina to be Alejandro's first love. It often happens

Many isekai story also have story which started when the MC is still a kid, so it seems normal to me 😅 don't say she has shotacon, Ibelina is not caring for him in a romantic way 😌

Love story done cute...my heart. ibelina and alejandro 4eva.

Age gap wise, they are both minors up to this chapter so why some people tripping over that probably need to work on their issues lol

Why do the MCs in these never realize that their actions have significantly altered the original plot?
It's like the MC comes from an Earth where the timetravel genre never became popular, and the butterfly effect is some obscure unknown thing.

@TUSF same, i hate the fact that they change the story so much like they change their entire personality sometimes even huge changes that affect whole country or even world and yet they are always surprised "did this happen in the novel?" "It wasn't like that in a novel" etc, i get it that its easier for us looking from the outside but this is way beyond just that.

They can't comprehend how can something happen that didn't happen in the book where story was entirely different from what currently is happening.

@DramaJustCalled
Age gaps only really comes into play because it's an easy metric to gauge.
Like I would be fine with an 18 yr old and someone 32 yrs old only if the 18 yr old was forced to mature faster do to circumstances and had the maturity level of someone in their 20s. But if they are maturing semi normally than a closer age gap normally keeps partners from feeling inferior or superior.
And keeps away the ick factor for readers.

Though like I said before I agree with everything you outlined. I was only stating my own opinion on top of that in regards to gaps.

Let's enjoy all the flyff because I can't imagine how it's gonna go down when he will met the hroine of the novel or whatever trial. I don't want him to suffer, he suffered so much for so long of his curse.

@Darkmint13: I get it and I'm actually on the same boat concerning maturity 🙂(maturity is my main concern with age gaps and whether or not they work). You're absolutely right about how they can affect a reader's enjoyment of the pair, too. Thanks for sharing your opinion! I enjoyed conversing with you.

Don't worry, it'll be less weird in a few chapters when he grows a year older. By 14 he's taller than her (and even has a six-pack for some reason lolol).

Users who are viewing this thread