Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Istg if ibee got kicked out... I... I... Will definitely be mad af... Let ale be happy omg... It's not like you guys pay real close attention towards my dear ale when he got the curse... Ibee got her full attention towards him so let those two be happy and sit ur butt down.

That's all.

Dex-chan lover
What?! here I thought she had no heart or something with her being really dense

Guaranteed she's going to be paid/told to leave at once for the sake of Alejandro. Of course, that won't go over well when she does leave, that's for sure. @Shadeonyuu, that's true, however, there's also truth in the fallout for him, as well as for her. She'd never be accepted into society even if he married her. I mean, perhaps if he revealed that she cured his curse, thereby making her a "saint" or something, but barring that, my guess is that she'd never fit in, it would threaten his ability to govern effectively, and it would likewise make her uncomfortable and he is unawares or willfully ignorant of how their relationship could impact them both and meaningfully dialogued with her about it. He's forcing his will onto her. Yes, Ibee has feelings for Alejandro, but that doesn't mean that she should act on them. Plus, by leaving it forces things into a far more interesting fashion and likewise pushes the story into uncharted territory. :3

@ksenijkot agreed. It is a complicated matter. Likewise, I'm hoping that plot-wise she tells Ibee that she must leave to protect the Duke, and she'll figure out an excuse or tell the truth. @Aran1 If she Lady Elaine accuses Ibee of stealing the necklace, she'd have to report it to the Duke and he'd flip it. The charge might work if Ibee is in on it and she leaves with a letter of recommendation, but Lady Elaine tells him that Ibee was sacked for stealing and that she attempted to resolve the matter "quietly". It would give Ibee time to dash for the hills before Alejandro mobilizes all of the knights to hunt her down and bring her back. This likewise creates a new issues unstated---Ibee is to some degree a prisoner of Alejandro's whims as he could send the knights to drag her back at any point. It's not quite as bad as if he were his cousin Diego, the Crown Prince, or a King/Emperor, but still, Ibee's only chance to have a consensual relationship [be it with Alejandro or someone else] is to flee now before Alejandro keeps her as a prisoner in a guilded cage. (I fear that he may not be mature enough to do otherwise.)

@fly2555

Would not be shocked if Ibee's a replacement. Author does a good job so far not giving many hints of the possibility save the lack of Elenora's existence atm.

@Epicredeemer Think of it in terms of Weinstein sexual assault cases, Clinton and Monica. There's a reason why actual rape/sexual misconduct/child seduction, ect cases get complicated in situations where you got an authority figure vs a person who isn't. Recent good example is a Katie Hill and an intern.

Ibeliana can't force the issue because she has no power, she's an uneducated (in this world's language) maid with no money or authority. If she wants to keep her job she has to toe a very fucking fine line. So far she did a good job but in the end Alejandro is the one pushing his authority and creating a hostile workplace environment. (Plus he's getting physical.) She stayed to fulfill her goal of him not starting a dumbass rebellion and getting the BAD ENDING.

Head Maid I think tolerated her being on staff for so long cause Ibeliana is a good worker but Alejandro's actions of obsessively sticking to her is too problematic in a socio-political-economic standpoint. She knows Ibeliana tried to distance herself but the drama is affecting the work environment too much. As the lowest denominator, yeah terminating Ibeliana is the best route and Ibee knew that she would eventually get canned.

@ksenijkot

Head Maid's just doing her job. I think she understands that it's not Ibee's fault completely but there's strict social customs and the title to think of. Alejandro's conduct is atrocious for a Duke to be. As a noble he's gonna have to navigate political intrigue and him chasing Ibee is a no no.

A great series to read with a decent window into a relationship with power/class disparity is Victorian Romance Emma.

@TheDragonLord the short version is they(head maid/butler) could kick her out without getting his permission while hes away from the house as they are the ones in charge. they want her gone, they can find a way and him being gone is their best chance. below is the long versions and guesses based on reading a bunch of stories with similar story lines as whats happening now.

while the lord / family are gone the one is charge is normally the family steward(head butler / maid) and its within their authority to sack or even imprison her without reporting to him while hes gone. its unlike they will imprison unless theyre sending her to a prison far away so thats out. given how slow travel is its probably not going to be a day trip to the capital so theres plenty of time for her to be kicked out and wonder off. they wont need to report it to him immediately and probably wouldnt as "dismissing some upstart maid that didnt know her place" wouldnt be seen as a big deal to either the head maid or butler. hes likely going to learn of it from another employee either directly or over hear them saying something like "thats what she gets for getting so close to the duke."

of course thats on the assumption they dont try to kill her... you know... cuz family honor and all that..... something nobles cared about.

theres also the possibility the head maid threatens her with imprisonment to make her leave. due to the bad rumors/gossip theres going to be maids willing to help kick her out and look for anything they can use to get rid of her.

her being out on the run is going to be a bad thing regardless. hes going to search for her once he knows shes been kicked out and thats going to attract the attention of the other nobles even the emperor. the emperor would likely know what that mark on her hand is from which would place her in grave danger. she will also be in danger from the people looking to get close to him or harm him as its unlikely hes going to disclose why hes looking for her so the only ones that could give information about it would be any employee that got fired and called her a thief.

Will Ibee will banish from the manor? Because of those bastard servants and butlers??????

Do they know that ibee is the only one take care Ale from the curse.....

I'm really sick to watch elaine and bastard old butlers 😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Finally.. finally she get doki doki moment
I was so happy I could cry now
I hope it can grow more

In the "original" story Alejandro started an uprising because of Emilia and ended up being executed. Maybe this time It'll be because of Ibelina

Now the real story finally begins.
I'd have never imagined that it'd take more than 37 chapters to get to the point described by the novel's synopsis that I've seen a while ago.

Oh, and thanks for the mass release! 😊

Aggregator gang
Each time I read Alejandro's nickname I only think about the beverage and not the person.
The head maid used a really convenient moment to scold her. Alejandro is out of town and no one will be able to help her.

@Aran1, it's also possible that given the circumstances, Ibee volunteers to leave under the auspice that she's protecting Alejandro. We still haven't seen malicious intentions from the head maid. I image that the worst thing is that Ibee gets sacked. However, I expect that the head maid knows that Ibee isn't trying to get close to Alejandro, but that he's doing this (or it will come up). We'll have to see, but until I see more malicious actions by the head maid, I'm going to withhold speculation. As for the Emperor, the risk for Ibee is being labeled as a "saint" or being viewed as a "valuable tool" for the empire, thereby justifying the Emperor imprisoning her for her "protection" and for the "national security" of the empire.

Users who are viewing this thread