Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 59 - Blazing Future, Pt. 2

Dex-chan lover
My point is that Shima pretty much took over the series at the expense of virtually every other character, a good chunk of who had already been sidelined since the start of second year. He had so thoroughly taken over the series that it took something I had been looking forward to (seeing how Mitsumi's friends interact with her family and hometown friends) and instead made it all about him.

Getting focus on Shima is fine since he's one of the main characters... one of. Again, the issue is how long and how thoroughly he had taken over as the main focus. I don't know why this is some controversial take. I'm fine with Shima and his story in line with everyone else's. I'm not fine with Shima and his story taking over as the central focus for multiple volumes at the expense of every other character, many of whom hadn't received attention much since the transition to second year or even, in some cases, at all (Mukai) to the point where it completely derailed a story that I had been looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread