Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 59 - Blazing Future, Pt. 2

Dex-chan lover
Yet another reason why all those Shinzo Abe memes are ass-backwards.

You want your country’s birth rates to not be in the trash? How about instead of having media that show how great it is to be a family, you actually help those in a position to have a child but be shamed for it? Why not help improve the lives of women who are about to bring a new life into the world, even if isn’t the good ol’ nuclear family you’re looking for?

If you really want new blood to help out your increasingly old population, why not start by making Japan a better place to live in?
What do u expect from someone who is an Imperial apologists and are involved inside a cult that ruined the life of thousand of people?
Honestly it's sickening seeing the memes that portrayed Abe as this wholesome family supporter, no he is not, he is a fucking cunt

Aggregator gang
I think I'm the minority that doesn't care about these arc, while I like kanechika, both sensei and the old pres is characters that I kinda dislike

Dex-chan lover
...and Mitsumis opinion. Mitsumi is into politics, so, would she like to really change things or just grow her small village? How does she cope with (for Japan) morally difficult questions? ...
Did you skip the last couple of pages or something?

Dex-chan lover
But at the same time, I think there's a respectful way to criticizing her if she doesn't have a reliable SO (married or not) because it is irresponsible to the child growing up with a single parent if avoidable.
No, no there isn't. Whether someone did or did not find a suitable life partner when they got pregnant is not something that's open to criticism from strangers, and if you disagree, just reread the part with her hysterical colleague, she shares your belief (is that someone you want to agree with?).

Ah. This manga is precious. I love it when I see what goes through other character's minds, how they aren't the amalgamation of my shallow assumptions. Someone out there probably felt really understood and seen this chapter. I love that <3

Fed-Kun's army
This is not "because of single parenting" but "the economic hardships that arise from single parenting." The difference is that we can do things to make life more economically viable for citizens, and eliminate the need to stigmatize people.
It's not just economic hardship. A single parent also can't be emotionally available to their kids the same way having two parents can afford. There's a boatload development in jeopardy because of that.

It's not as easy as throwing taxpayer dollars and increasing everyone's tax burden to solve the problem as you think.

Fed-Kun's army
No, no there isn't. Whether someone did or did not find a suitable life partner when they got pregnant is not something that's open to criticism from strangers, and if you disagree, just reread the part with her hysterical colleague, she shares your belief (is that someone you want to agree

If you can criticize me for my point because you think I'm wrong, I can criticize someone I think made an irresponsible decision that's going to affect a lot of people. I don't have to be prejudiced about it and I don't have to be hateful, either. What the teachers did were wrong (I'm pretty sure I made that point clear). And sometimes, you don't even have to criticize someone because they know they goofed and are taking responsibility.

Aggregator gang
Love how manga makes people discuss their different believes based on where they came from (at this topic, how western and eastern views pregnancy out of wedlock). Is that the reason why japan and korean people have low birth rate? I dont think so. It's mostly living expenses that skyrocketing, plus some heavy patriarchy

Dex-chan lover
It's not just economic hardship. A single parent also can't be emotionally available to their kids the same way having two parents can afford. There's a boatload development in jeopardy because of that.

It's not as easy as throwing taxpayer dollars and increasing everyone's tax burden to solve the problem as you think.
What do you mean by "emotionally available?" Is it because they need to spend so much time away from them to work? That they can't afford childcare, or that the childcare represented by public schools is of worse quality in poor communities?

Or do you mean there are gendered emotional needs unique to mommies and daddies? Because this is a myth with a lot of historical precedents that disprove it. There are plenty of societies that socially constructed different roles for each parent, or used community child raising, or let grandparents do child care while younger adults did production, etc.

I don't think taxes and social spending is the solution, like you suggest I do. It's a deeper structural problem about resource distribution, caused by letting psychopaths control the distribution. Humans have used technology to become highly efficient producers. We produce more than twice the food needed to sustain everybody, we overproduce clothing and housing and wasteful consumer goods. But instead of using that efficiency and overproduction to reduce the workload burden, we waste goods and let the ruling psychos withhold resources to keep people desperate and overworked. Instead of providing for people, we cause intentional suffering to make people easier to control and guarantee the profits of a small few. And we use the profits of that immiseration to wage economic warfare on workers all over the world.

Dex-chan lover
I can criticize someone I think made an irresponsible decision that's going to affect a lot of people.
The pregnancy wasn't planned, that much is made clear in the chapter, so remind me what her irresponsible decision is?

If you see someone who's pregnant and happy about it, and your first thought is "wow, how irresponsible, she doesnt even have a husband", that just means you're a shit person.

Dex-chan lover
Weather a single parent or a classic family Is better depends on a case by case basics. We can have all the studies, but social interaction is never the same.

Every country should improve chances for people to be happy, and creating good conditions/perception for unmarried women with a child should be necessary.

A single parent can be as involved as two parents, and viceversa. Its just that often than not, people judge the situation, not the person living the situation.

Double-page supporter
Every time.
1. Some manga shows promise.
2. It gets an anime.
3. Its plot derails or just stops.

Two months worth of time spent on side characters.
Isn’t this what makes this manga great? In this manga all characters are multi dimensional and special in their own way. And it’s been like this from the beginning not recently.

Double-page supporter
Don't like Kazakamis tropey story too much - seen to often in Manga. For a satisfying clear resolution we would have to spend a lot more chapters on him, showing a flashback, him talking to friends, to his parents, his parents changing etc. Can't see that happening.

For the teachers story I would like to see the stance of the headmaster and Mitsumis opinion. Mitsumi is into politics, so, would she like to really change things or just grow her small village? How does she cope with (for Japan) morally difficult questions? ...
Nah, that would make this suck. I’m glad you’re not the author

Dex-chan lover
Here is the breakdown:
Teachers are supposed to be role models for their students, so her becoming a unwed mother is going to stick out in a society that promotes 2 parent households.

While I can giver her credit to her conviction to accept the responsibilities of her actions, she's going to have a very hard road ahead of her. While a two parent household can split the duties of income/household/child-rearing/raising, she has to do this all herself now. Single parents will often fall short of this high bar as there is just too much to deal with and not enough hours in the day to do them. Often times we hear of how single parents will work themselves to the bone to provide the income, but fall woefully short of the raising part of the equation because they are at their jobs nearly the whole time. This is where we hear of "wild children" who have very little ways in terms of discipline and become massive problems. Not necessarily her fault, but again, result not enough hours/energy in the day

I genuinely hope that this teacher's parents are still around to help her out.

Like the old saying "It takes a village"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
For me, I love it when author gets me excited and emotional with any character, even minor ones. I don't understand why people always want 100% focus on the main ones when we could explore much more with side characters.
exactly. World Trigger is the best for this... i love all the side character

Dex-chan lover
Almost missed this chapter but this is one of the chapter that proves that this manga does not leave any character in the background.
So far, there not character introduced in the first arcs that has been revisited and/or put under the spotlight yet. Every character resurfaces and develops. Seriously, it's like every part of the Japanese society connected to a high school is being put into focus in this manga.

The worst stuff was when the it spent two volumes focusing on Shima's 'tism and moping though. This is more in line with what actually makes the series great.
Wow it's almost like......... that's important to his character and him figuring out what he wants. It's almost like that's a normal thing for someone who is really fucked up mentally to struggle with, especially as a teenager. He has ever been able to be himself and never been able to know what his emotions are because of his fucked up childhood and he's trying to learn. He's not going to figure it all out overnight, especially since he is too stuck in his own head due to insecurities. But God forbid we talk about it, just move on and talk about something else, right?
Shima's arcs make the story great just as much as any character's story does.

Users who are viewing this thread