Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 59 - Blazing Future, Pt. 2

Dex-chan lover
For thoses of you who are wondering '' why the fuck sensei has to apologize? '' well, it's not because she will be on maternity leave and it will be '' a nuisance for the student'' , as you noticed, it will be handled by a subtitute teacher, but because she's not MARRIED and unmarried mother ( we don't even know if she's single, and anyway, it's not our business) are like the lowest of the lowest statut you can get.
and that's why you see so much '' shotguns wedding'' on manga or the '' you must take responsability'' when a pregnancy occurs , even if divorce is a big stigma, it' still better to be divorced the day the child if born than not being married in the first place to japanese society

Aggregator gang
Incredible look into both characters, I'm very glad that she stood her ground despite everything, calling out the hypocrisy of society who expects and judges every move a women makes. Love how both of them are so similar, she saw herself the same way Kazakami sees himself, but her own experiences, this moment right here, together with his conversation earlier with Kanechika pushes him to maybe think about what he truly wants for the first time, the panel where he picks tbe liberal arts book is so tender, so powerful.

I fucking love this manga man

Contributor
… she's not MARRIED and unmarried mother ( we don't even know if she's single, and anyway, it's not our business) are like the lowest of the lowest statut you can get.
and that's why you see so much '' shotguns wedding'' on manga or the '' you must take responsability'' when a pregnancy occurs , even if divorce is a big stigma, it' still better to be divorced the day the child if born than not being married in the first place to japanese society
Yet another reason why all those Shinzo Abe memes are ass-backwards.

You want your country’s birth rates to not be in the trash? How about instead of having media that show how great it is to be a family, you actually help those in a position to have a child but be shamed for it? Why not help improve the lives of women who are about to bring a new life into the world, even if isn’t the good ol’ nuclear family you’re looking for?

If you really want new blood to help out your increasingly old population, why not start by making Japan a better place to live in?

Group Leader
can someone explain what the teacher meant ? the page where she goes i thought i knew how to navigae thru life (what she mean?)

not having to pick up trash i think is implying she knows what to do to take the least amount of responsiblity as possible and just have fun

but then she said "im not that kind of person at all" what kind of person is she saying she isnt?

Group Leader
Incredible look into both characters, I'm very glad that she stood her ground despite everything, calling out the hypocrisy of society who expects and judges every move a women makes. Love how both of them are so similar, she saw herself the same way Kazakami sees himself, but her own experiences, this moment right here, together with his conversation earlier with Kanechika pushes him to maybe think about what he truly wants for the first time, the panel where he picks tbe liberal arts book is so tender, so powerful.

I fucking love this manga man
can u explain this? how did she see herself the sam way as kazakami? what exactly does she sees ? and how does that push kanekachika to think about what he want?

Dex-chan lover
Great character building as always. I can see the parallels: a woman who has always taken life breezily suddenly realizing she wants to take responsibility for the child she now carries, and an honor student who has always take life breezily realizing he doesn't really have passion for anything and needs to find it.

And never change, Mitsumi :glee:

Aggregator gang
can someone explain what the teacher meant ? the page where she goes i thought i knew how to navigae thru life (what she mean?)

not having to pick up trash i think is implying she knows what to do to take the least amount of responsiblity as possible and just have fun

but then she said "im not that kind of person at all" what kind of person is she saying she isnt?
navigate and not pick trash: Means she thought she knew how to live making the best choices, that she could live the way society would like.
not that kind of person: unmarried mother is the lowest status you can get

Don't like Kazakamis tropey story too much - seen to often in Manga. For a satisfying clear resolution we would have to spend a lot more chapters on him, showing a flashback, him talking to friends, to his parents, his parents changing etc. Can't see that happening.

For the teachers story I would like to see the stance of the headmaster and Mitsumis opinion. Mitsumi is into politics, so, would she like to really change things or just grow her small village? How does she cope with (for Japan) morally difficult questions? ...

Fed-Kun's army
Yet another reason why all those Shinzo Abe memes are ass-backwards.

You want your country’s birth rates to not be in the trash? How about instead of having media that show how great it is to be a family, you actually help those in a position to have a child but be shamed for it? Why not help improve the lives of women who are about to bring a new life into the world, even if isn’t the good ol’ nuclear family you’re looking for?

If you really want new blood to help out your increasingly old population, why not start by making Japan a better place to live in?
Countless study after study after study after study has shown that children living with two parents are much more likely to end up with good life outcomes than those living under single parents. It's not some blind belief in "muh nuclear family," it's wanting to set up the next generation as well as possible.

Is the stigma entirely unnecessary? Abso-freaking-lutely. There's no need for it. You do need to support single mothers. But at the same time, I think there's a respectful way to criticizing her if she doesn't have a reliable SO (married or not) because it is irresponsible to the child growing up with a single parent if avoidable. But if I'm reading this correctly, it seems like she doesn't have a reliable SO available and she's fully aware of her actions (at least, that's the impression I got with her conversation with Kawakami). There's 0 reason to be hard on her at that point and she needs support more than anything.

Dex-chan lover
Countless study after study after study after study has shown that children living with two parents are much more likely to end up with good life outcomes than those living under single parents. It's not some blind belief in "muh nuclear family," it's wanting to set up the next generation as well as possible.

Is the stigma entirely unnecessary? Abso-freaking-lutely. There's no need for it. You do need to support single mothers. But at the same time, I think there's a respectful way to criticizing her if she doesn't have a reliable SO (married or not) because it is irresponsible to the child growing up with a single parent if avoidable. But if I'm reading this correctly, it seems like she doesn't have a reliable SO available and she's fully aware of her actions (at least, that's the impression I got with her conversation with Kawakami). There's 0 reason to be hard on her at that point and she needs support more than anything.
This is not "because of single parenting" but "the economic hardships that arise from single parenting." The difference is that we can do things to make life more economically viable for citizens, and eliminate the need to stigmatize people.

Dex-chan lover
Every time.
1. Some manga shows promise.
2. It gets an anime.
3. Its plot derails or just stops.

Two months worth of time spent on side characters.
The worst stuff was when the it spent two volumes focusing on Shima's 'tism and moping though. This is more in line with what actually makes the series great.

Dex-chan lover

Basically she was fine living frivolously and carefree and being irresponsible. She never really needed to worry about the consequences of her actions but since it was always something for other people to deal with until now and she knew how to get along. But her actions do have cosequences and now she's having to deal with them and she's made the choice to step up and take responisbility by having and raising her child instead of taking the easy (in relative terms) way out.

My assumption would be that she's probably not in a relationship and the pregnancy is the result of casual sex since I feel like that fits better with what it seems like the author is going for with her.

Users who are viewing this thread