Slime Saint - Ch. 10 - The Impersonator of God

Dex-chan lover
I just wonder what the training even was because they mention it just about every other chapter. At this point I'm afraid it might never be revealed.
it does look like the short saint is a decent person
I don't get that impression just yet. She spent the whole time shooting dirty looks at Jelly, being jealous over her apparent blessing of the goddess, and rooting for the humiliating exposure of her true colors.
It could very well be that she does good deeds for the sake of grinding favor with the goddess so that she could receive the 'revelation' for herself.

Dex-chan lover
Damn bratty saint 💢💢💢 slime correction required 😭😭😭💢💢
It's an absolute sin to serve apple pie without whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream, or something like that.
The fact that people seem to agree with you shows me just how much the west has fallen, may the new world be consumed by the waves and be forgotten forever as it slumbers under the ocean.

Contributor
A reminder to find yourself a girl who looks at you the way Jelly II looks at food.

Man, I can't get enough of her hungry expression. She looks at pie so lovingly... somebody give her another! She's just a joy to watch as a protagonist. So I normally dislike misunderstandings, especially long-running ones but this story is an exception. It's used in such an amusing way I don't even mind. We'll probably see more of Celestria given she's now intending to watch Jelly II even closer for flaws.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone: talking about pie
Me, a non-American/non-European: I... I have never had a pie.
If you are good at baking, and have access to apples and cinnamon, there are dozens of recipes online.

I just wonder what the training even was because they mention it just about every other chapter. At this point I'm afraid it might never be revealed.

I don't get that impression just yet. She spent the whole time shooting dirty looks at Jelly, being jealous over her apparent blessing of the goddess, and rooting for the humiliating exposure of her true colors.
It could very well be that she does good deeds for the sake of grinding favor with the goddess so that she could receive the 'revelation' for herself.
Very true. Doing a good deed for a corrupt motive could negate the appreciation from on high. You should do good things because it is the right thing, not on the hope it nets you a chance to talk with the boss.

Dex-chan lover

I think the "training" is just the stuff she's been doing. Praying, kind acts, etc. As you say, it probably doesn't count for much when it seems she's been doing it for the sake of grinding out favor with the goddess.

Maybe it will even become a plot point. Safe to say this series is vanilla enough that nothing too bad will happen to Jelly. So that means something needs to happen to convince short-stack that Jelly does deserve her position and "revelation". Maybe she will come to realize that it's the fact that Jelly reformed, which led to her getting a "revelation", rather than the other way around, and this leads to her own reformation.

Imagine you studying your ass off for years for that one prestigious scholarship and then an absolute slacker in class who never work and always disrupt classes turn around in a few days and snatch that scholarship from you because apparently they are now a 'model student'.

If it were me, I'd be pissed and think the slacker is either lying or buying off that scholarship with daddy's money.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine you studying your ass off for years for that one prestigious scholarship and then an absolute slacker in class who never work and always disrupt classes turn around in a few days and snatch that scholarship from you because apparently they are now a 'model student'.

If it were me, I'd be pissed and think the slacker is either lying or buying off that scholarship with daddy's money.
If I had to be frank, people making it good don't have time and don't care about how other people got where they were. That may be the point, she's not being a "saint" herself when she gets jealous.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that Celestria actually has healing powers, but she can't believe that Jelly is capable of healing people. This suggests that not only is a saint's power divine in nature, but also that it can only be wielded by someone judged worthy, similar to how paladins work in D&D, which raises the question of how most people hadn't realized Jelly's true nature.
It is probably more like she can't believe Jelly would be willing to heal anyone for any reasons besides inflicting more pain on them.

Dex-chan lover
If I had to be frank, people making it good don't have time and don't care about how other people got where they were. That may be the point, she's not being a "saint" herself when she gets jealous.
It is a bit different when it is basically the most repugnant person they know and she also know that is in fact more vile than most criminals who then reforms due to getting a revelation from their goddess. It is like she was rewarded for being utter scum in her eyes. Meanwhile she tries her hardest to be a good person, maybe for the wrong reasons, but a good person nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
It is a bit different when it is basically the most repugnant person they know and she also know that is in fact more vile than most criminals who then reforms due to getting a revelation from their goddess. It is like she was rewarded for being utter scum in her eyes. Meanwhile she tries her hardest to be a good person, maybe for the wrong reasons, but a good person nonetheless.
What do you call someone who saved you out of the good of his heart? A Hero.

What do you call someone who saved you because he's paid to? A Hero.

I don't know what this talk of "Reasons" is when nobody would do any of this if they didn't get some benefit out of it. Or what, are we under the impression a "True" Saint would do it even if she got her head stomped in for helping?

Dex-chan lover

Not exactly comparable when your goal is to literally be the bigger man. Being suspicious over someone who's supposedly turning over a new leaf is one thing, but express contempt isn't very saintly.
In various stories it's typically shown to be bad form to be envious of another's divine favor, and these things typically work in mysterious ways in the first place.

Banned
Like the crazy people that say sweet potatoes can only be eaten with a marshmallow coating on top.
I mean, the marshmallow and/or caramel coating is the only good part. "Sweet" potatoes kinda suck, they're in that awkward spot of "too sweet to be used as a staple, not sweet enough to be a dessert"; the marshmallow/caramel coating just pushes them properly into the "dessert" category.
Furthermore, Vermont passed a bill requiring that one must make a "good faith effort" to serve apple pie with either a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, a glass of cold milk, or at least half an ounce of cheddar cheese.
What kind of psychopath thinks vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese are interchangeable? Clearly, Vermont is beyond saving.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's because I'm a long time fan of Dragon Quest, but why is it that slimes are always more adept at saintly behavior than humans?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the marshmallow and/or caramel coating is the only good part. "Sweet" potatoes kinda suck, they're in that awkward spot of "too sweet to be used as a staple, not sweet enough to be a dessert"; the marshmallow/caramel coating just pushes them properly into the "dessert" category.
Sweet potatoes may fall short of regular potatoes in a number of ways, but they're an excellent source of vitamin A. Perhaps they're not the best choice as your main source of calories, but they're a great dietary supplement, especially in third-world countries.
What kind of psychopath thinks vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese are interchangeable? Clearly, Vermont is beyond saving.
You'd be surprised at the number of desserts that can be improved by the addition of cheese and/or bacon.

Users who are viewing this thread