Slime Saint - Ch. 10 - The Impersonator of God

Banned
Sweet potatoes may fall short of regular potatoes in a number of ways, but they're an excellent source of vitamin A. Perhaps they're not the best choice as your main source of calories, but they're a great dietary supplement, especially in third-world countries.
Yeah, I'm not knocking the potential health benefits, just not a huge fan of the taste or texture personally.
You'd be surprised at the number of desserts that can be improved by the addition of cheese and/or bacon.
Maybe, but I've never been much for pairing fruits and cheese to begin with... IMO, cheese is best with savory and/or salty foods, but not sweet, sour, or bitter ones. Like, meat+cheese? Heavenly. Cheese+chocolate? Hellish.

Dex-chan lover
What do you call someone who saved you out of the good of his heart? A Hero.

What do you call someone who saved you because he's paid to? A Hero.

I don't know what this talk of "Reasons" is when nobody would do any of this if they didn't get some benefit out of it. Or what, are we under the impression a "True" Saint would do it even if she got her head stomped in for helping?
Didn't I say that a person who does good things is a good person regardless of their reasons of doing those things?

And that you can evidently be a saint without being a good person since Jelly was pretty much the opposite of a good person and was still a saint.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't I say that a person who does good things is a good person regardless of their reasons of doing those things?

And that you can evidently be a saint without being a good person since Jelly was pretty much the opposite of a good person and was still a saint.
I don't know if you noticed yet, but I'm agreeing with you, and adding in my two cents. People like to focus on the "reasons" for why anyone does good, as if lives are suddenly less saved because one of the girls' only wishes was to see the goddess' ass cheek once in her life.

Dex-chan lover
This will go very funny enough if things went smoothly in motion LMAO. I BET YOU, Celestia will call Jelly "Onee-sama" once she get to "see" Jelly (slime) do her things.

I imagined Celestia being voiced same with Beatrice from ReZero

Dex-chan lover
Will Will wander the courtyard successfully to ensure a future in which his lady will prosper or will Will wind up unwillingly working against his will?

Dex-chan lover
completely understandable that someone you know is a complete scumbag couldn't become a saint with revelations, but unfortunately for you this saint got a revelation on the wonders of pie.

Thanks for the chapter
Fun fact: Vermont's state fruit is the apple, and its state pie is apple pie. Furthermore, Vermont passed a bill requiring that one must make a "good faith effort" to serve apple pie with either a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, a glass of cold milk, or at least half an ounce of cheddar cheese.
I had to look that up to make sure, but damn there it is. Why cheese? WHY CHEESE?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the marshmallow and/or caramel coating is the only good part. "Sweet" potatoes kinda suck, they're in that awkward spot of "too sweet to be used as a staple, not sweet enough to be a dessert"; the marshmallow/caramel coating just pushes them properly into the "dessert" category.

What kind of psychopath thinks vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese are interchangeable? Clearly, Vermont is beyond saving.
Marshmallow on sweet potato isn't my thing. Butter, salt, and brown sugar though? That's my jam.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm not knocking the potential health benefits, just not a huge fan of the taste or texture personally.

Maybe, but I've never been much for pairing fruits and cheese to begin with... IMO, cheese is best with savory and/or salty foods, but not sweet, sour, or bitter ones. Like, meat+cheese? Heavenly. Cheese+chocolate? Hellish.
Surprisingly, salt actually makes sweet things better. Think of why people put that little pinch of salt in baked goods/bread, or why some people eat fruits with salt/shoyu. One of the chef instructors that taught me pastry said that the best mango he ever had was from a street cart and seasoned with salt and chili.

Banned
Surprisingly, salt actually makes sweet things better. Think of why people put that little pinch of salt in baked goods/bread, or why some people eat fruits with salt/shoyu.
Oh yeah, I'm aware. (I've fucked up and left the salt out of chocolate chip cookies before, lol!) But cheese specifically has a flavor profile that clashes with sweets IMO, or at least with every sweet I've tried mixing it with.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, I'm aware. (I've fucked up and left the salt out of chocolate chip cookies before, lol!) But cheese specifically has a flavor profile that clashes with sweets IMO, or at least with every sweet I've tried mixing it with.
I don't know, man. Filipino/Spanish ensaymada is a sweet roll topped with cheese, cheesecakes is a given, tiramisu is traditionally made with mascarpone, baked brie, fruit paired with cheese and charcuterie, Indian cuisine, Arabic cuisine, Chicago mix popcorn (cheddar cheese and caramel), cheese panna cotta, and other desserts use cheese in them.

Dex-chan lover
Did you know that all desserts are magic, one moment they’re on your plate.
And the next moment they’re gone, it’s as if they vanished without a trace.
The crumbs on your face are just a coincidence.

Thanks everyone at ToruScans for the translation

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Did you know that all deserts are magic, one moment their on your plate.
And the next moment their gone, its as if they vanished without a trace.
The crumbs on your face are just a coincidence.

Thanks everyone at ToruScans for the translation
Wow. A whole desert on a plate. What do they replace it with after taking the whole thing? Is it like an Elder Scrolls thing where they turn into forests or something? Or is there just a giant crater where the desert used to be?

Dex-chan lover
There's a part of me that would also love seeing a story with a saint actually as cruel and fucked up as Jelly. The closest thing I can think of is "A Livid Lady's Guide to Getting Even" except in that, Elizabeth does have people she cares about and isn't cruel for no reason. She just loves committing war crimes and killing innocent people. And not feeling bad about it.

image.png

Me watching Slime-san trying to not get caught

Dex-chan lover
It is a bit different when it is basically the most repugnant person they know and she also know that is in fact more vile than most criminals who then reforms due to getting a revelation from their goddess. It is like she was rewarded for being utter scum in her eyes. Meanwhile she tries her hardest to be a good person, maybe for the wrong reasons, but a good person nonetheless.

I know plenty of highly successful and highly motivated people in my line of work (sadly I can't claim to be one of them). One thing that struck me that is common among them is they really don't waste time thinking about stuff like this. The main exception is people with inheritances, but even many of them don't care about such things either.

People who waste their energy and time worrying or judging others, which is 99% of people, end up being...the 99%.

Users who are viewing this thread