Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido - Vol. 6 Ch. 51 - Saudade

Group Leader
Some more old-time fun in the summer... but like most days in summer, storm clouds appear at the end.

I will leave it to @FodderChara18 to explain the title.

Edit: Though come to think of it, though it may feel like summer here and now, in the manga it's actually mid-fall.

Saudade as in the city pop songs or Saudade as in the Bossa Nova songs? Hmm, this made me remember João Gilberto's Chega de Saudade.

Dex-chan lover
GRRRRR... Don't destroy my fluff (still 13 chapters left, so it was obvious)

Dex-chan lover
Oh God of nostalgia, take me to the time where everything where fun and happy.

Dex-chan lover
Protip: when you're going to link to a youtube video in a translation note, use a font that shows what is capital letters and what isn't.
youtu.be/95WIdefTYu4

I agree with Hidarion, so many well drawn cars (specific of the era, too, look at the detail of the 323 or the Honda) show that the author is either a car nut, or he's just done one hell of a good research work.

Dex-chan lover
I got shocked when I read the title of this chapter, I thought that was a brazilian translation. In portuguese, "Saudade" means "missing", not to get lost, but in that sense of nostalgia.

@tesslakane it could be both, bossa nova was very popular in Japan.

@BrunoVilla yeah I know, I'm a brazilian too hahahahah. The funny thing is that Bossa Nova is more loved in Japan than it is in Brazil, I searched for a copy of Nara Leão's Dez Anos Depois CD for years here in Brazil, only to find it in a Tower Records store in Shibuya.

Anyway, City Pop itself borrows some themes and influences from Bossa Nova and Samba, I don't think that the japanese (or any other people that doesn't speak portuguese for that matter) can truly grasp what saudade really means.

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE NEW CHAPTER, MORE POWER AND CHAPTERS TO COME!!!

Dex-chan lover
@tesslakane actually, Japan is great to find/buy vinyls and CD's records in general (England too, maybe...). Fortunatelly, there's Discogs.

Anyway, I've heard CityPop, it's great, but I like more the synthpop influences cause I love retrowave and stuff. As I remember, Shiro Sagisu (composer of Evangelion and Bleach) has made some "Bossa Nova" tracks.

Ps: é muito estranho conversar com outro brasileiro em inglês hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread