Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - The Wind Rises

Group Leader
Yakushimaru gathers her courage to face the final boss. Will she and Ootaki manage to defeat her?

They don't sell that ice-cream cake here in the USA. England, Europe, Japan... but not here.

Group Leader
The "I'd like a little praise" got me, haha. Nice build-up from tugging, glancing, to full praise me eyes. 10/10 would have given cake.

Not to mention the delicious looking ice cream cake blurb. This is one of the few series where I don't mind blocks of information because it always makes them seem so cool. "Hey, ice cream! Hey, listen to this while you drool about it!"

...but she hasn't. How has she changed in any meaningful way? She is basically still stuck in the past and only moves forward because she gets pressured into doing so by others. Ootaki asked her out. She refused. Ootaki talked about 80s things with another girl. She got massively possessive and slapped him. Ootaki then decided he wasn't going to obsess over her. She then saw that he was moving forward without her and asked if they could date.

Then there's the school project part. She still refused to engage with her teammate on even the most basic of basic levels of communication. It was only when the teammate called her out on her behavior that she even attempted any communication.

How has she changed? I mean, I guess she has changed in the fact that she does respond when she is forced to do so. But that's a really weak change.

Group Leader
@Wind1 - Nine, really. The last chapter is entitled "Prologue", and is actually a bunch of random vignettes, omake style.
Including one page of Yakushimaru posing with an AK-47!

Dex-chan lover
Only now I realise it. Props for scanlation group to chose the "Miami Vice font" at the title name, it really gives you some nostalgic vibes.
800px-Miami_Vice.svg.png

Group Leader
@rpapo It's very likely an homage to this cult movie starring real life Yakushimaru
https://rarelust.com/sailor-suit-and-machine-gun-1981/
sailor_suit_and_machine_gun.jpg

Holy shit Vienetta ice cream? Those were bomb, but too bad they don't sell it at where I live anymore. Really love the 80s trivia and the music picks in this series.

Double-page supporter
they sell those back when i was a child but i don't have the courage to ask my mom to buy it cause its was very expensive lol .

Lol. Vienetta.

Interesting enough, at least in my country, ppl STILL have a nostalgia for it and talk like it is STILL been gone for a long time (not a complete lie, our local Unilever's sub-brand retired it some years ago, and they have been selling it again on retail since a while).

...still expensive if you divide it for a family of four in one seat, lol.

What is nostalgic for me about it is the fact that, when I was a child I always wanted to know how it tasted, but the price is def. a turn off. And now that I'm an adult, and technically I COULD buy it... I have my other little bits of ice-cream/pop sicles's heaven of nostalgia (or not), lol.

Dex-chan lover
Nice, I'd like to try vienetta. He still has a funky hairstyle. Yeah Yeah I know, the 80's n all.

Users who are viewing this thread