Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Sweet Memories

Group Leader
Problem resolved? The next chapter will tell it all. It had better: it's the last chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
It's been a good run peoples. See you in the finale.

(Ty for translation)

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god. I love the song this chapter revolves around! Not only is it cool that it is a part of the crux of the story, but that after reading this chapter, people are going to go find the song on Youtube and discover the music video featuring clips from the penguin Vietnam War movie, which, yes, is also up in full on Youtube.

EDIT: For anyone who wants to know about the penguin Vietnam War movie (which, by the way, was made to be a beer commercial) it's called Penguin's Memory Shirawase Monogatari. Seiko Matsuda made the song Sweet Memories for the movie!

Dex-chan lover
@catbot158: Just listened to it. Its a beautiful song. Definitely wasn't expecting it to be in English for a bit in the second half.

Reminds me of the old lounge singer type song, like Eyes on Me from FFVIII. Love it.

Group Leader
I used this web page as a guide to that song: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/sweet-memories-sweet-memories.html-0 My translation is slightly different.

The text in the first panel of page 14 was in English in the original Japanese release. As Japlish goes, it's not bad.

FWIW, the final chapter is more than half translated already.

Dex-chan lover
This was making me think . . . the present and future will become the past. If the past is not worth remembering, then how is the present worth living or the future worth working towards?

Dex-chan lover
that haircut looks fucking horrible tbh, i see that cut worn by people that have ages above 40

@warm_panties unbased and cringe, long live 80's short hair!
And well, gotta thank rpapo again. I've been hooked on this manga since 2017, always reminding myself every month to see if it was updated or not, and now there's only one more chapter left to go... Boy, I wish I could read slow so I could enjoy it more.
It's been a fun ride. Any mangas with a similar "cheesy" vibe?

Dex-chan lover
It honestly does look like she is still stuck in the past. Yes, if you didn't have those things from the 80s that you now love, then you wouldn't be the person that you are today, and you wouldn't have met Ootaki and been in a relationship with him. That's somewhat likely. You haven't justified why ANY of that is good. You have ONE friend, maybe two at most with that childhood friend guy from before. You literally do not pay any attention at all to what is currently going around you in terms of what other people currently like or think about because you are wrapped up in the past. Does that sound healthy? Does that sound good? It doesn't to me. This would be like if a shut-in were proud of how isolated and cut-off they are.

Dex-chan lover
One more chapter left but they still haven't told anyone they're dating. Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread