So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.2

Dex-chan lover
@Archomp
Mars doesn't need to be perfect. It needs to be enough, better than a non-solution that places everyone on earth in a state of limbo.

@NoGround
...Mars, a completely unpopulated planet, is governed by someone else? That sounds like an arbitrary non-reason. In particular so, if the main reason the angel can't dump her humans on "someone else's planet", is because it's a bureaucratic impossibility. The angel has already proved that she is willing to go beyond common sense and even sacrifice herself to help these people, I don't think encroaching on someone else's technical turf would suddenly be too much.

But you know what, I'll reach over with an olive-branch: I believe it's not very difficult to come upon a convincing reason as to why things happened the way they did. And it's likely that the whole point of the angel making such a silly move, is to invoke that emotion to begin with. The MC didn't go batshit crazy for months after uncovering Taboo for no reason.
But as it stands, I still think that "Character did X instead of Y" is one of those scenarios that rarely can really be convincing, basically because most of the time it boils down to: "cuz the author made it so."

can someone please tell me at what chapter the WN landed on for this manga chapter?

@Solipsist
You're assuming they had terraforming technology capable of inhabiting an unoccupied planet that could support their lives. With the ongoing war against the Dragon Gods and technology regression, likely impossible. You're also ignoring the fact that it's not just bureaucracy, but also a call-to-arms against an occupied planet's inhabitants. Sure, it could be done, but it would result in a great number of lost lives, something Sariel explicitly wants to avoid at all costs.

Agreed on the author part. Not every character is going to make the perfect choice in every situation, and Sariel, like other angels, is more "constructed being designed with a singular purpose" than a person with a will of their own, anyway. She often makes mistakes in an attempt to save as many lives as possible without considering the long-term effects.

Basically, if you want all these details, you'd need to read the Past Arc, which is something like 26 chapters of the WN on RTD.moe

Dex-chan lover
Truly an evil god, taunting her with modern food and entertainment

Something I find really amusing about this as an adaptation is that we learned the basics of what we were told here in the very first lines of the LN, but because the manga has such a tight focus on Kumoko we're only learning any of it now, in the middle of what would be Volume 4. Once the anime comes out (if it ever does) I'm kind of tempted to go through and log all the differences in the story that exist across the four concurrent retellings (LN, WN, Manga, Anime).

Fed-Kun's army
Looking back at chapter zero and the volume covers, im starting to think that the girl shown in both is not Kumoko, but rather, the Administrator/God/D.

@Disrupted, you want spoilers? bc thats how you get spoilers. I have read the webnovel till the current chapter (on hiatus since 2018).
Kumoko is in fact a little spider on the corner of the class, the girl on the covers is D,
she implanted her human memories on kumoko, for reasons. That's why she is easily scared and is gifted with spider things, bc she is, in fact, a spider.

Double-page supporter
@Mchelsing Thank you, the first one is interesting and I crave for more, but is the latter one even from the same universe as this manga? It's from different author right?I have read it and it's good 7/10 maybe. Btw thank you for the link

@Ainzell
The second one is a different isekai entirely, not the same universe. The first link is a bonus chapter available in the print releases of the manga.

The bonus chapters are actually a Canon of the LN. Those chapters actually start at chapter 2 of volume 1.

Dex-chan lover
Is this artist making several other manga at the same time? It's taking a very long time to get out a single full chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@tanukihat

the reason why this Spider manga only has less than 20 pages per month : because the artist , かかし朝浩 , Kakashi Asahiro , is working on some one-shot henta* , and on another 2 on-going manga-s right now :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BB%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B3%E3%83%8D%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88-Re-Dive-1-%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F/dp/4065092574 .

https://www.amazon.co.jp/狼は眠らない-(1)-角川コミックス・エース-新川-権兵衛-ebook/dp/B07VDHQ9Z2/

maybe he only writes the story for the 2 manga-s Princess Connect! Retar* : Dive , and The Wolf Won't Sleep , but they still consume his time .

i guess the publisher of Spider manga is also responsible : in the contract , they only want less than 20 pages per month , so they dont pay the mangaka too much , and they dont push him to draw more pages . the mangaka has too much free time so he works on another 2 manga-s .

https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup . on this website , most of the manga-s also have less than 20 pages per month , so this is the policy of the publisher , not the fault of the mangaka .

also note that Spider manga and The Wolf Won't Sleep manga have the same publisher : young ace up . so that means young ace up asked Kakashi Asahiro to work on 2 different manga-s at the same time .

https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000013/

https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000116/

also , this chapter is late because the artist was working on the tankoubon volume 8 or something .

Double-page supporter
That evil god is her future self theory coming to light now...

Dex-chan lover
if anyone wants to see the stories of her class-mates in manga form , you can only hope that the publisher youngaceup will ask some other artist to draw their stories as a spin-off manga when the anime is airing , just like goblin slayer manga and its spin-off manga-s .

but i think the chance is very low because it seems that youngaceup doesnt like other class-mates stories . so far this manga only has 1 spin-off about FOUR spiders : https://mangadex.org/title/39473/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka-daily-life-of-the-four-spider-sisters

Dex-chan lover
@daywithoutgames That explains this one but, is that kind of thing happening with a lot of these Isekai series? You know, since a lot of them tend to be split into .1 .2 .3 or sometimes up to .5 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread