So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 45.2

Double-page supporter
@WhimsiCat That's true and actually I had forgotten that we've seen the demon council before so it wouldn't be unprecedented to shift the POV away from kumoko entirely

edit: though, she wassss there for that

Battle with her mother's gonna be awesome.
She greatly underestimates her mother. She is as cautious as our little spider when it comes to battle preparations.
She gets cornered several times. But ultimately wins, but just barely.

Dex-chan lover
tbh this is great, but even in the WN and the LN I don't remember her being this devastating this is gonna make things difficult later when

Maou-san looks a little angry, eh?

So a 2-cour? So probably 3-5 novels? Otherwise the next suitable stopping point is pretty far ahead.( And we finally have a date, yay! I was getting worried)

That means the anime will probably leave off when (!spoilers for manga readers!):
1) Kumoko reaches the surface 2) Kumoko defeats Mother 3) Kumoko and Maou-san join forces

Although, I’d like to replace option 3) with Kumoko getting killed the first time, just to really drag the first timers in. And really, Kumoko reaching the surface is the most obvious stopping point, I’m just concerned about the pacing if they go that route. Maybe mix some side-stories or extras in, do a beach/hot springs episode or something.

@marcyvq
Actually it makes me wonder how they're gonna handle Spoiler
vampy
because we won't really have context for her.
They handle it just fine. I guess we'll get to that part somewhere at the end of this year, or beginning of the next.

@GerryCeryBery
With the slow pace of the manga and the completed WN, I wonder which one will be the source.
The source will be LN, duh. Though I wish they used manga as a basis for both designs and story flow, i.e. without switching to the others at all.

Dex-chan lover
Mess 'em up Kumoko! Make them regret making an enemy out of you instead of an ally.
That said, I wonder what drives Mother/ the demon lord to turn some taratects into pawns, and attempt to eat and/ or kill her other children. You'd think they'd try to recruit one as promising as Kumoko, but I suppose they recognize her as a threat to their dominance.

@Betony they tried to make her an ally. Kumoko just hasn't bothered to learn this worlds language and blocked their attempts to communicate through telepathy, and Kumoko was also the one to attack Mother first, with her parallel wills encroaching on/devouring her mind.

I almost felt bad for the puppets.

Then I remembered that there're other 4 cute little fuckers.
UdnpfN0.jpg

@Inuzuka
They both at fault for failing to communicate with each other to the point that the only way left is battle to the death. Like mother like daughter I guess. Same with Demon Lord. Though, living in such a dog-eat-dog place, where even mother eats her own offsprings, this was inevitable the moment they painted targets on each other backs.

Users who are viewing this thread