So, uh, the Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Anime problem.

Dex-chan lover
So, it's coming up next season, and I've heard it's kinda, um, rapey. Well, I don't care about that, but I'm wondering what's going to happen with it's localization. America's kinda......yeah. And, ideally, it just won't get localized. But, if it does, I'm worried it will bring anime into the mainstream spotlight in a really bad kind of way.

Eh we live in the post Goblin Slayer world. Mainstream has already been shown some of the more graphic and sexual sides of anime as a medium, and there's plenty of fans in America. Some people will be mad but we're long past any serious debate on whether anime belongs here. If it is localized, the best way for the community to act is not to get all jumpy trying to protect it. It's an adult manga, and yes the main character is more than a little fucked up, but that's part of the point and why it works well.

Dex-chan lover
a reminder that a normal , good , fun , education anime like InterSpecies Reviewers got banned in USA , France , and some Japan 's channels .

some samples of InterSpecies Reviewers anime :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJeH1F9BEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9FYQt0TOeI

previously , my channel had 20+ InterSpecies Reviewers videos , but then it got blocked by the scammer youtube . now im re-uploading the videos to a new channel .

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I think that the point of the work is to ask whether or not the ends justify the means and how far you have to go before it’s too far. There’s a lot of interesting moral questions the work brings up and the main character being basically an egoist also has implications

Basically, how much fucked up shit do you have to do to Hitler before you’re completely unjustified in your actions?

we all live in a world past boko no piko so i think it is save to say that what dont fly will get censored in someplaces but things do get graphic lately sometimes its done well looking at you goblin slayer some times it is done for luls looks at you saitama no dont hit me... other times worse.

Dex-chan lover
Well now that episode two has dropped
And the revenge has started
We can see if there is a reaction on social media.

But remember people will get offended at just about anything. People got mad at Uzaki, so I expect them to be mad at Nagaroro.

Dex-chan lover
So, I thought I'd bump this thread, since a bunch of episodes are out. Does anyone know if there was any backlash? I actually don't really know where to go for anime news.

Don't watch the anime (read the WN though), but I can say with near certainty that there are some people complaining.

It is the internet, people are always complaining.

As for the news, I guess you could go to anime news network or sankaku complex, though I have no idea about the level of reporting...
I am not really invested enough to be following news. Unless I am looking for something specific, like whether concrete title gets an adaptation or health of LN author...

Users who are viewing this thread