Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

Group Leader
@ruhadu
I'm translating from Indonesian to English, as it's my native language

@Arcenciel
then I will do that asap, while uploading earlier chapter between updates.

Group Leader
Guys, Meraki dropped SL a long time ago. You can't even find SL on their website anymore. Stop saying that you need to pay in order to read their released chapters.

https://imgur.com/ynN2XN4 < picture proof

This is a big announcement, and it'll affect most of our series, and the group as a whole. We just got hit by a huge Cease and Desist letter from Kakaopage.

The Following is a list of affected series (all from kakaopage):

A Returners Magic Should Be Special
Chronicles of Heavenly Demon
Lawless Zone
Volcanic Age (Mount Hua Reincarnation)
Peerless Dad
Raid
Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon
Solo Leveling
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

This means, we will be dropping these series to avoid any legal trouble. You as readers will still very likely get most of these series, but not by us.

I'm personally huge fan of most of these, and quite bummed out to say the least, but, given the recent popularity of some of them, it wasn't unexpected.

Miku best girl
Admin
Please keep the discussion civil. Meraki dropped SL long time ago due to C&D and they don't charge for chapters.

@black1210 is correct - groups' usage of MD is optional, they are free to upload or not upload. We always respect the decision of active groups.

But groups don't own rights to the titles - anyone else is free to pick up a title if chapters are not available on the site.

Power Uploader
Just saying that translating in english something that was translated in another language from english is dumb.
Then again it's not against the rules of the website, but for a series as big as SL I expect whatever group to work on it to be higher quality than this.

@schyzd I agree with @Lightprayer on the sound effects. An alternative may be to keep the original korean in and then on the sides of the page have a note on the effects sounds so it doesn't interrupt the visual of the page.

@holo

"But groups don't own rights to the titles - anyone else is free to pick up a title if chapters are not available on the site."

I thought that sniping wasn't a thing contemplated in the rules.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Scanlators on fire off the shoulder of Patreon. I watched manga glitter in the dark near the Paywall Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

@Chabry3
Pretty sure he just fucked up seeing how there are competing scans for 5toubun for example

@schyzd
Like everyone else said just ditch fixing the SFX, leave it as is

Group Leader
Easy now guys, all your criticism is appreciated, as long as it's not downright insulting, in which I will ignore completely.

I just want to bring one of my favourite series back, so we can all enjoy it here together.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Chabry3

There are no rules against sniping, because groups don't own rights to titles.

Thank you sir, i don't mind leaving the SFX in Korean, just put what it means small next to it and everything is ok.

allright people, as someone who follows meraki and JB while still stay here coz there a lot of series to follow im gonna say a couple of things :

1.as mentioned before, Meraki drop it around 6 months ago because of the c&d
2.Jb took solo leveling because nobody translate it
3.both jb and meraki leave MD already.

for me i still follow the series in jb since it 's faster. but well there's still a lot of people who wants to read it in MD. so, keep up the good work fam

Users who are viewing this thread