Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 49

@jebjordan

Nice find. I have read half a dozen chapters on your link but it is machine translated and uses a similar translation algorithm that 95-98% of the writing is the same as Comrademao. Crucially, the same main errors of wrong pronouns and wrong "not" being used is prevalent among other errors.

Main difference with Comrademao is a few phrases have been reworded differently e.g.

Comrademao - "The phone rang strangely"

Blogspot - "The phone rang out of the blue"

I do like the blogspot for one reason though and that's it has pictures of known characters in the manhwa with their names so if you forget who someone is it really helps. Not a bad alternate site but not much difference from Comrademao.

Update: Ok after reading 20 chapters from blog site and comparing it with Comrademao I can say although 98% of the contents are the same, the blog site jebjordan linked is formatted better and I think is slightly better to read. They are both still difficult reads and have many errors but are better than nothing.

UPDATE 2: The guy(s) at solotranslator blogspot are actually editing the chapters from the start to make the English flow properly. When I read it I was already at chapter 200 and they hadn't got there yet but they are at 60+ so are getting there.

Dex-chan lover
you guys please don't read the mtl, you'll waste this great story. Just wait for a good translator or the comic. Tbh, I just don't want a gang of mtl readers "accidentally" spoiling stuff all the time.

Isn't 1 of them died in the last chapter, why total of them 14 again in this capter?
It should be 13 now that remained in the dungeon.

@firosahoge

I usually don't post spoilers unless asked or mask them in spoiler tags if I do.

Someone on the sololevelling reddit picked up the novel recently and he estimates it will take 6+ months. He is currently at chapter 33 after 2 weeks. My main concern is this is a personal passion project so there is no guarantee he'll manage to complete it and the guy obviously has a real life so things may intervene. Although the mtl isn't great for Korean novels, because the novel is fairly short (268 chapters) it has only taken me 3 days to reach chapter 220 and I recon I'll finish the novel by tomorrow.

The manhwa will take a few years to finish (assuming current rate of 1 chapter/ week) and has a high chance of never finishing whole story while the LN is a personal project that anything could happen to. I was currently interested in the story so would rather finish it now than hope someone translates it in 6+ months. MTL's are not everyone's cup of tea but I don't like waiting :p.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder why is it that this chapter got way too many comments but the previous chapters only got like no more than 100?

@JungwithaJ

Korean raws are released once a week on a Thursday. So give the translators a few days to translate and a new chapter should be released by the weekend if we're lucky. We are caught up with the raws now so unlikely to get anymore multiple releases in a week.

Dex-chan lover
@Fi_786 fair enough, I've read quite a few mtls on lnmtl before so I know how it is. It's just that I like reading comments but fear spoilers, so the more people know the worse it is for me. It's just a personal bias, so all the power to you.

Group Leader
This chapter just break the record of the most view chapter in MD history with almost twice the other chapter O_O

So many pages wasted going "Oh no, red gate ?! and What about the MC?!" Just wanted some action and further progress with both teams...

@Fi_786 - Thanks for the info! I knew I wasn't crazy when I couldn't find any mention of that S-Rank either being there before or after the red gate stuff! For now, I'm just going to assume the manga is taking a slightly different approach than the novel, which is cool. Although since I could barely read those raws I think I'll just stick with the manga for now. Besides, the artwork is super ultra pretty and I'm highly addicted to it! XD But I do really appreciate the person who worked on the raw translations even if I didn't get an answer to my question!

Contributor
My guess is that the S-rank knew Jin Woo entered the dungeon due to the new girl spying for the S-rank. Maybe a high ranked back stabber?

Double-page supporter
The new (non-high school) hunter girl is pretty dang hot. She is at least on some level curious about him too. If our MC does not pursue this, he will loose 90% of all respect.

Dex-chan lover
@adatari most people on the site have noticed how good it is. The thing is, the story is pretty cliche but that's not a bad thing. It's well executed and the art is amazing.

Thank you Meraki for the scanlation burst!
As some have said before, it's pretty cliche, but well done and fun to read.

@Kanika Most viewed chapter belongs to One Punch Man Ch. 93. Gokushufudou chapters come close in 2nd - 5th places
Edit: It seems like the most viewed is actually Female Abs Knight Ch.1 at 124k. This chapter could bypass it, though.

@colxeric Nah, the new hunter girl could not be high-ranked, as tank and everyone earlier explained, in MC's group there is only one B-rank and the rest are C-ranks. B is doubtedly a high rank, close though. She is unlikely to hide her rank and B or C-rank of hers is then genuine, so even if SHE is the only one B-rank in MC's group, she would be a middle rank spy for him, though is sounds too far-fetched, cuz that vengeanful brother would hire at least an A-rank. Just out of pride and self-respect. So, the chances are slim, just someone intern from the guild which is not in the dungeon with MC obtained for him that info, that is the most reasonable explanation.

Raw chapter 50 is already out hehe..
Which means we can expect the next chapter to be translated sooner or later.. Weeeee :D

Users who are viewing this thread